Syedna Meeting the Butcher

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Alislam

Syedna Meeting the Butcher

Unread post by Alislam » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:53 am

Aqa Maula TUS met with Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Narendra Modi at Ahmedabad airport on Friday before Aqa Maula TUS proceeded to Mumbai. Aqa Maula TUS presented Mr. Modi with a customary shawl.

Photos have been posted on http://malumaat. com
or
specifically
http://malumaat. com/akhbar1427/ ahmedabad/ index2.html

Photos were sent graciously to Malumaat.com by Shahzada Aliwaqar Idris bs Badurddin Saheb

Wassalam
Shk. Murtaza Rasheed
Malumaat.com

feelgud

Re: Syedna Meeting the Butcher

Unread post by feelgud » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:22 am

Islam doesnt stop it followeres to meet or greet or give presents to their enemies.

In fact its commanded to behave in the best possible manner with them.

Syedna sahab has not done anything wrong as I believe.

What he has forget (or may be not known to me)is his position of a "dayee "as a true follower of Muhammad(pbuh).

YUSUFALI: it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that they may receive guidance.

If so ,we d read as Modi is introduced to Islam by syedna sahab in the caption.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:55 pm

"Syedna sahab has not done anything wrong as I believe"

-- Had the meeting been for introducing Modi to Islam, it would have been great.

Generally such meetings and donations are just to safeguard the loot properties, the royal family has accumulated.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 pm

Mr.Modi is responsible for massacre of thousands of innocent human beings for his political gain. even united states refused visa to him, for very same reason. But unfortunately syedna saheb could not be informed of this.

It is good to behave good to your enemies, but above was not a good behaviour, rahter somehow mutually beneficial act.

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:59 pm

so all muslim brother and sister should move out frm gujarat? bec of butcher ( mr modi)

khuzema

Unread post by khuzema » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:16 am

looks like syedna is doing ghandigiri

http://malumaat.com/pics/ahmedabad/1427 ... ting04.jpg

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:38 am

After Iftar, when I finished my praying washeq. During praying,(anajmi, I do fast and pray, but i do think that not doing so will not warrant any punishment) I was randomly thinking about our state of affairs.

Each Ramadan, thousands of our fellow believers are confused, and sometimes worried at the coming. Worrying is the aspect of collection of wajebat and sabeel etc. Yet the ramadan brings them a joy of redemption and praying and fasting, but along comes this ostentatious style of celebration.

This year, Syedna saheb is in north gujrat. He is resting there or performing ramadan. But his appointed amils are busy in collecting wajebat etc. What should have been a voluntery act, has become a forceful collection. Crores of rupees, dollars and pounds etc are collected. But we are yet to see a philanthropic contribution. whatever is collected in the name of zakat etc, goes somewhere, where it is not spent for the purpose, it is collected. His immediate family is living lavishly, with no apparent source of individual income, so, we may assume that all this money, which is collected, ends up being used by them to some extent. The other obvious use is the administrative machinery, which is getting bigger day by day.

My submission is, why should ordinary bohrss support individuals from his family, and why do we need such huge money eating adminstration. Their utility beyond collection of money and making life somewhat difficult is not very obvious. Just this year, Toronto jamat has been divided into two jamats, one in mississuga and one in toronto. with this came an amil from india, in addition to an incumbent amil of toronto. so now the expenditure will be doubled, and ordinary beings will be asked to further contribute to the lavish living of the new amil.

this in contrary to the fact, even the old mosque is seldom visited by ordinary bohras, except in ramadan or muharram. daily only one prayer is offered, with less than one saf. Usually toronto amil had nothing else to do in ordinary days, or is seldom busy. He was more than enough to look after a community of four hundred house holds.

This is the same thng happening all around. new jamats are being created at an enormeous cost to the ordinary bohras. usually bohras pay because to get the sense of belonging. But this belonging is costing them dearly, and creating difficulties for them. I wish syedna saheb could take into account this aspect of the administration, and direct amils to stick to volutery contributions, instead of forcfull.

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:26 pm

It is a shame that Aqua moula has been forced to visit Mr Modi who has done heinous acts of massacres against Bohras and Muslims of Gujarat and he has not compensated the victims or apologised to them. Shame! Shame!!!

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:39 am

Guys,

I don't suppose anyone of you have had corporate jobs, or sat on Boards of Directors, eh? If you did, you would not be making such amaeteur comments.

Even Imam Ali A.S. had to make "peace" with the devil Muawiya (God's eternal curse on him). So, sometimes, it really helps to smoothen things over with morons like Modi, since his greed for power will eventually consume him. This loser of a human being still has the power to cause even more harm. So, would you rather have more bloodshed? Or would you rather just make things work with imbeclines and illiterates like Modi and his primitive gang?

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Is this why or how HH encourages these actions by the Hinduvataas, the likes of MODI, the Gujarat murderer of Muslims?

"It's fun. Only last week, we made one such man eat his own shit thrice," he says. Bajrangi's operation is ruthless and effective. He claims to have 'saved' 725 Hindu women this way. And what about the law? "What I do is illegal, but it is moral. And anyway, the government is ours." -says Bajrangi

-----------------------------------------------------------
Every Man a Laboratory: Gujraat 2006 is deadlier than 2002
It is a Hindutva Laboratory that spawns hate that could lead to a blood bath of Muslims all over India .

By Prashant Jha (in Ahmedabad)

Short, stocky, and balding, Babubhai Rajabhai Patel can pass off as a normal, middle-class trader. Only, he isn't one. Babu Bajrangi, as Patel likes to be called, says he runs an NGO,Navchetan Sangathan. Sitting in his 'office' in Ajanta Ellora Complex in Naroda in Ahemdabad, Bajrangi is surrounded by images of RSS ideologues KS Hedgewar and Guru Golwalkar, a map of Akhand Bharat, and his own photographs, with politicians or in public meetings.

Bajrangi claims to be a social worker. "I rescue Hindu women who are lured by Muslims. I hate such marriages." As soon as Bajrangi gets to know of any such union, he kidnaps and sends the girl back home; and beats up the Muslim boy. "It's fun. Only last week, we made one such man eat his own shit thrice," he says. Bajrangi's operation is ruthless and effective. He claims to have 'saved' 725 Hindu women this way. And what about the law? "What I do is illegal, but it is moral. And anyway, the government is ours."

Perhaps that is the reason that Bajrangi, chief accused in the Naroda Patiya murder case (during the Gujarat carnage), is out on the streets and not behind bars. "People say I killed 123 people," says Bajrangi with a grin. Did you? "How does it matter? They were Muslims - bloody Pakistanis. They had to die. They are dead."

"The government is ours." Few will doubt Bajrangi's claim. Not Muslims for sure, for they know Bajrangi might be more extremist than most, but he represents a mindset that is widespread: the mindset of the Gandhinagar government's ministers. The mindset of several Hindus, from the waiter to the auto-driver and the middle-class, across Gujarat .

The discourse among Muslims has a striking unity. There is no one who speaks for us. This is not our government. This is their rule - Hindu rule. What do we do? As an elder in Shah Alam, a Muslim area in Ahmedabad, puts it, "Our crime is we pray to Allah."

The emotions of Muslims across Gujarat revolves around alienation, helplessness, and anger. Understandably so, large sections of the Hindu society, led on by the BJP government, ensure that Muslims remain second-class citizens.

And that is the story of Gujarat 2006. A tale of a society that is sharply polarised and prejudices about the 'other' deeply entrenched, and a state that happily engineers everyday hatred. In its wake, lies a community that lives in fear. The Gujarat of today is in some senses more dangerous than the Gujarat of 2002. For here, the violence is invisible. It operates systematically, as well as subtly, at the establishment and social level.

The truth is, the Gujarat government has seceded from the Indian Constitution. It did so in 2002, when the state sponsored mass violence against Muslims. And contrary to what many think, it has consistently done so and flaunted it since then. It has tried to completely subvert the process of justice for 2002 victims, from distorting FIRs and ensuring faulty investigation, to letting the accused get away free. With office-bearers of the Sangh Parivar affiliates doubling up as public prosecutors, it is little surprise that only 13 out of the 345 cases decided so far have resulted in convictions.

Even as it fulfils its promise that no harm should come the way of rioters, the government continues its campaign to harass innocent Muslims. The fact that the UPA government in Delhi did not ban the draconian legislation, Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA), retrospectively has meant that those charged under that law in Gujarat before 2004 remain in jail. This effectively
means that the secular UPA government, backed by the Left, is playing Narendra Modi's game.

Maulana Omarji's house is, ironically, on the Station Road in Godhra. But he doesn't live there. Along with others accused of hatching the conspiracy and burning the train compartment at the Godhra Railway Station on February 27, 2002, he stays some distance away - in Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad. Omarji was arrested one year after the incident took place - a period in which he was active in organising relief camps for Muslims, and petitioning national leaders who came visiting about the injustice meted out to minorities in the state. Clearly, someone powerful did not like that. A well-respected man and community leader against whom there is no evidence, Maulana Omarji is charged with POTA.

His young and articulate son, Saeed, is quite frustrated. "What is the fault of Muslims in India ? I am so angry with the system here, including the judiciary." Everything is stacked up against the Muslims in India , feels Saeed. "I am an Indian and will never be disloyal to my country. But I feel our parents and grandparents made a mistake by staying on here. We should have gone to Pakistan ." It is a striking comment, revealing the manner in which a fascist state is pushing people into a corner.

Half-an-hour from Godhra lies Kalol -- a site of major violence in 2002. This reporter met Mukhtar Mohammad at the Kalol police station. Active in organising relief camps, Mukhtar has been working to get justice for the victims. Something that did not go down too well with the state authorities. Framed under, what by all accounts, is a false 'rape case', he is stuck making rounds of police stations and magistrates and has to spend occasional nights, and at times, extended periods in jail. He says, "They want to break any kind of leadership that emerges among the Muslims, especially those who are moderate, and want to fight politically, constitutionally and legally."

Indeed, there is a pattern in which the Gujarat government is acting against Muslims. The Hindutva forces have no problems if the influence of the Muslim conservative religious organisations increases because it helps strengthen their stereotypes about Muslims. What they do not want is an articulate, liberal voice among Muslims that speaks the language of democratic rights
and claims equal citizenship.

The regime targets innocent Muslims not just by framing false cases. Discrimination is spread across all realms. Juhapura is the largest Muslim ghetto in Ahmedabad with more than 300,000 people. Yet, it has no bank, state transport buses take a detour to avoid crossing through it, and there are no public parks or libraries. OBC communities among the Muslims in Gujarat find it difficult to get certain certificates. The saffronisation of the bureaucracy and local power structures, points out scholar Achyut Yagnik, has meant that panchayats, co-operatives, agrarian produce markets and government schemes have become sites for discrimination against Muslims.

What is more alarming is the fact that this discrimination has larger social sanction. There is pride about the 2002 toofan among many Hindus - we taught them a lesson, crushed; the world should learn how to deal with miyas from us, are oft-heard remarks. And the increasing distance between the two communities, both in the minds and physically, has not helped matters.

Most cities and towns in Gujarat are completely divided into Hindu and Muslim areas; a street corner, a divider in the middle of the road, a wall, or just a turn acting as borders. If it was difficult for a Muslim to find a house in Hindu areas before the killings, it is impossible now.

Sophia Khan is a well-known woman activist in Ahmedabad. Her office was in Narayanpura, an upmarket Hindu area. A month ago, when neighbours in her office complex got to know of her faith, they asked her to vacate immediately. Putting up a fight was no use in the face of constant harassment. She has now shifted to Juhapura. "My house is in a Muslim area. My office is now in a Muslim area. My Hindu employee is being pressurised by her family to resign, because they don't like her coming to a Muslim area. And my work revolves around Muslim women. This is how they want to push an entire community into a corner," says Khan.

The segregation has spread to other realms as well, leading to absence of contact and interaction between the two communities and breeding stereotypes and intolerance. The most visible realm is the fewer number of mixed schools in Ahmedabad which have a fair number of Hindus and Muslims. Discrimination on religious lines, coupled with the desire of parents to send children to schools where there are 'more of our people' has further boosted this trend. Pankaj Chandra, professor at Indian Institute of Management, is worried. Brought up in the composite Ganga-Jamuni culture of Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, he says, "My children may graduate from school without knowing a single Muslim. Imagine how easy it will be to build stereotypes then." When this reporter, with his long, unkempt beard, walked into an elite government colony in Ahmedabad to meet a senior official, three
kids parked their bicycles right in front. One screamed aloud, "Terrorist." Why? "Because you are a Musalman," he responded. So? "All Muslims are terrorists. My father is a judge. He will call you terrorist in court." Really? "Yes. And get out of here. This is a Hindu area." Sauyajya is 12-year-old and has not met a single Muslim in his life. No one knows how many Sauyajyas are in the making in Gujarat .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The writer is Assistant Editor, Himal Southasian, Kathmandu . He can be contacted on prashantj@himalmag.com

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:44 pm

Al Muizz
If your hypothesis is correct then Imam Hussain was not a good Corporate person because he gave his and his family's life because he stood for principle and not worldly good. We are told that we have to follow what Imam Hussain did and we do PURJOSH MAATAM for his sacrifice so why not KOTHARIS follow the same. They rather sacrifice the teaching of Imam Hussain to save their own loot. DOES NOT THAT MAKES THEM BIGGEST HYPOCRATE?

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 am

Originally posted by Al-Muizz:

Even Imam Ali A.S. had to make "peace" with the devil Muawiya (God's eternal curse on him).
this is how we ensure shia sunni unity.

spot

Unread post by spot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:23 am

dear omarbharti,

al muizz's example is true and applicable..while your's is not.

maulana ali and imam hassan as caliph of the muslim made peace with muwaiya..but didn't support him in any way. in relation to imam hussein, muwaiya wanted imam hussein to support him..this none of the three ever did. maulana ali and imam hassan had the caliphate and the support of the ummah to support them...imam hussein did not...and is why he was killed.

you may all know the riwayat of the jewish lady and the prophet...where the jewish lady threw garbage on the prophet daily and the prophet just smile at her. when she was sick, the prophet notice she wasn't there and he went to see her. on seeing his character, the jewish lady accepted islam.

sayenda saheb meets with a person who is known to be very evil and gives him presents...he is showing the greatest form of character. and in the end, it will only benefit the muslims (especially bohras) of gujarat. sayenda did the same during saddam hussein reign in iraq. while the shiahs of iraq and of iran could barely do ziyarat of karbala and najaf...bohras were greeted with open arms by the iraqi guards. this was because of the ground work of sayedna.

it is very easy to criticize a person...until it benefits you.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Dear Spot: I find it hard to subscribe to your analogy. First, you are equating Maula Ali with syedna saheb. Second, you are somewhat negating the history. Ali fought twice ( one against muawiya other muawiya used aisha ). In siffin, Ali was near victory, when a treacherous moneuver from muawiya, turned his martial victory into a political defeat. And Ali did not make peace with muawiya, muawiya even after the political victory could not become caliph, Even Imam hussain did not make peace, because there was no war, but rather he decided to abondon caliphate, as meccans turned against him. Imam hussain did he noblest thing, by challenging usurper and fascism. He could have saved his life, had he sat low.

Now coming to syedna saheb's meeting with modi, the first meeting took place after alleged gratifications doled out, as sort of black mail or for preservence of family intrest in surat. Syedna saheb's latest picture with modi, rather exhibits very close ties, the way modi is sitting near to syedna saheb. It seems rather mutually beneficial. Having said that, if we take morality out of our daily life, then all those prohpets saints and others have wasted their life in vain, by sustaining miseries and hardships through out.

Syedna saheb prayed for saddam during american invasion. The facilites we were afforded during saddam's regime was because of large briberies paid for the same. When i was going to karbala in 1999, when syedna saheb was also there, we paid 100 dollars, and we six people were cleared in 5 minutes, the buses were held for six hours, after they paid some amount, then they were led to go.
It is a wrong assumption, that only we were allowed to visit. From karachi, thousands of shiite pilgrims used to travel to iraq during saddam's regime, and their pilgrimage used to cost a lot less than ours.

I do not think, that cordial relationship with modi shall do any good for ordinary bohras in gujrat. They were victims in every riots, and they will remain so in future. The relationship may protect the vested intrest.

what we need to do is come up with a coherent stratergy with secular elements in main stream polity, and also stand along with muslims in india.

One of the indian muslim from gujrat, who runs an islamic school in toronto, and a business, was very critical of syedna saheb's meeting with modi. One of the point he made, carried wieght. He said, " while aligning with hindu extremists would not be productive, because the basic bias of being mulsim will be for ever there, but in that process, bohras will lose the support gujrati muslims.

Spot, for a sensible person like you, would be better, if instead of trying to justify, whatever, critical analysis will do good for our community.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:30 pm

Even Imam hussain did not make peace
please read Imam hassan did not make peace.

my apologies.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:39 pm

this is how we ensure shia sunni unity.
Dear feelgud: I agree with you, I do not know, how and since when has this cursing come into our life and nonsense. Cursing anyone is low life, specially deceased ones. Whatever happened in history is history, and may allah be the judge.

I apologize for that.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:53 pm

Eid Mubark brothers.

In his Khutba today Imam at mosque told us to forgive our brothers and patch up the differences today. I do not understand why so called Scholar like Syedana still tells his Murids to curse and hate. Ma Allah give him "Nake Hidayat" Aamim.

(Unfortunately Bohras do not have Khutba on Jumma and Eid. You can't tell people to curse in Khutba!)

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:07 pm

accty,

Even the jews fast and pray. Get the point yet??

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:17 pm

Besides, all you have to do is show me one ayah, just one ayah, of the quran which supports your belief and we will stop having the same discussion over and over again.

spot

Unread post by spot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:47 pm

accountability,

"First, you are equating Maula Ali with syedna saheb."

--no, what i wrote was he was acting like maulana ali. this is what we do in islam...follow those with good character.

regarding history, you are loose with facts. maulana ali and imam hassan made peace with muwaiya. during the battle between ali and muwaiya...ali always looked for means to end the war. imam hassan signed a treaty so that another war wouldn't start. neither gave allegiance to muwaiya. and this is reason why imam hussein was killed..imam wasn't the caliph at any point.

regardin sayedna and modi...what are the family interests? if not for the welfare of the mumineen in gujarat..why would sayedna care..he lives in mumbai...money is sent to him either way. your example of the previous prophets and saints struggles doesn't apply...sayenda doesn't live in gujarat so he isn't affects by modi.

"Syedna saheb prayed for saddam during american invasion."
- where did you pull this from?

"The facilites we were afforded during saddam's regime was because of large briberies paid for the same. When i was going to karbala in 1999, when syedna saheb was also there, we paid 100 dollars, and we six people were cleared in 5 minutes, the buses were held for six hours, after they paid some amount, then they were led to go."

- yes and your point. ithna ashari were shot if they went for ziyarat..regardless. we had to wait 6-8 hours for our stampless visas to clear. you know when i went in 1994, i bribed the guards with anthar...they didn't want cash because it had no value.

and i have yet to here a case where bohras were denied access to iraq.

"From karachi, thousands of shiite pilgrims used to travel to iraq during saddam's regime, and their pilgrimage used to cost a lot less than ours."

--i did not say all shiahs were denied...i said iraqi and iranian were. why do you think some pakistani and indian shites were allowed. who supported saddam? who was against the invasions of iraq by the americans?

I do not think, that cordial relationship with modi shall do any good for ordinary bohras in gujrat. They were victims in every riots, and they will remain so in future. The relationship may protect the vested intrest.

what we need to do is come up with a coherent stratergy with secular elements in main stream polity, and also stand along with muslims in india.

regarding the comment by the toronto muslim " while aligning with hindu extremists would not be productive, because the basic bias of being mulsim will be for ever there, but in that process, bohras will lose the support gujrati muslims."

-- and if something good does come of it..will he then take back his words. is it better to sit and brew over the muslim plight..like the jews have done for thousands of years, our do like the prophet and be the better person? my intent is not to justify...but to understand. sayenda is the leader of a small muslim community and has tried addressing the issue with modi...what have the general muslim population leaders done...the same as they always do..buried there heads in the sand.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Spot wrote
but to understand. sayenda is the leader of a small muslim community and has tried addressing the issue with modi...what have the general muslim population leaders done...the same as they always do..buried there heads in the sand.
Modi, BJP,RSS,VHP,BAjrang Dal Et. Etc. Want total surrender from Muslim. Accept Hindutwa and Hindu origin. Muslim leadership cannot deliver that.
Bohra being half Hindu and not like Muslalman (Their own admission) are ready willing and able to do that.
We will see what happens when next chapter is written.
Wasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:03 pm

Muslim of Gujarat are suffering but showing much resilience. They are creating many mini Pakistans in Gujarat. Slowly mini industries are springing up. Faith is on increase and hopefully life will be better for future generation.

spot

Unread post by spot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:14 pm

muslimfirst,
did any say modi was a good man...why is he even in office? but you will not change an ignorant man by yelling and barking at him...he will just become more ignorant.

bohras are mumin...not muslims (one who submits to islam). this is what the quran asks. you should call yourself mumin first. remember to practice islam at the level of a muslim is the lowest level...we are always striving to be a mumin (believer).

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:31 pm

MF
ASA
Your comment that Muslims are creating MINI PAKISTAN in India is an unfortunate comment.
R U from Pakistan? because Muslim donot need to create Pakistan as Pakistan itself cannot get its own house in order. Muslims will better served if they creat MINI INDIAN VENTURES in India.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:30 pm

I agree with OB, muslims in india should be more like indians than pakistanis. If they have their full allegiance to india, then they will have full claim on it as their motherland.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:01 am

Muslims in India, by and large consider themselves Indian and only a minority stupids want to allign with pakistan.

Muslims in India enjoy much greater rights than they do in Pakistan (Muhajirs, shias, Ahmedis etc are always supressed ) and it is in their interest to consider India as their motherland.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:41 am

Term mini Pakistan was unwise and unfortunate. I meant to convey segregation based on religion, sect, cast etc. etc. I come from a village in Gujarat where population is 50-50. There is a definite line of separation between H and M. Muslims have their own schools including a very good high school which was known as Englo Urdu High School some 35 years ago. In order to get state aid name has been changed and Urdu as medium of instruction has been dropped. My village has seen very little of communal riots because community is united and has good relation with Hindu population (There are strong economic ties). Outside agitators are always turned back. Even within Muslims there are Mohallas for Shaikhs, Sayeds, Pathans, Mugals, Chauhans (Converted Rajputs) etc. etc. I also have learned that a segregated city has sprung up near A’bad populated by Muslims only and survives without essential services from A’bad Municipal Corp. Safety is in numbers. Wolf only prays on isolated animal.

Wasalaam