Poverty in Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
DMY

Re: Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by DMY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:41 am

bohraji wrote:I am still wiating for the fanatics to respond.
I didn't understand this.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 am

do you know why we the followers of shafiq bawa TUS are not responding to your comments here because you have not informed whether you
are doing this with the raza of our shafiq bawa TUS how can be there bhuko mumineen when our shafiq bawa TUS and syedi wa moulai Muffadal bs TUS
has started muwaid scheme to feed every mumin in anywhere in the world., they are having itjemas all over the world to make sure no mumin goes hungry and to make sure every one get halal and fresh food even when they are travelling
so can you tell us fanatics :roll: if you are have raza to do this and then we will consider talking to you

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 am

Bohraji you have misunderstood my response..sure you can help few which is better than none, good luck

I am disappointed that bohras do not have the vision and mission to abdicate poverty, there is no organized movement to do so and has left it to individual ideas.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:33 am

Administration
After reading response from Abde53 and not hearing from 3 stooges of Kohar viz Adam-Progticide-Profstian, it is very clear that they are blinded and to them helping human being and specially of DB faith is not important they rather discuss mundane topics in circles
Is there anyway we can establish a link for donation for this cause with Bohraji being one of the trustee of this account to distribute and help people in need so people can contribute thru credit card or other way on this forum and money being distributed directly to people in need Remember part of the Wajebaats can be contributed for this cause
I as well as Bohraji have received many inquiries including from people from the other side of spectrum but may be hesitant to contribute directly (due to people like Abde53 who want RAZA )
Your help in this regard will be a great contribution to the cause of helping people in need

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 am

It is a great initiative to help the people in need all over the world.
We (the Shabab organization I am a part off) are undertaking similar efforts to help those in need.
Currently due to the Monsoon season, there are efforts to inspect households that are leaking and to make efforts to improve the structures.

It is great to know there is philanthrophy every where. Jazakallah.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:41 am

To ABDE 53,
Salaam Alaikum,
I have not taken raza for feeding a fellow mumin!
As for your statement that there can be no bhuko momin.
Dear Brother ,I have given you the place ,go see it yourself.
Eint Wada,Next to Molai Adam Saahab,Near 10 Acres mall (Big Bazaar).Ahmedabad.
These are jopad pattis and Mumineens are living in pathetic conditions.I am not going to click pictures and ridicule them.
So go there and see for yourself.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:48 pm

abde53 wrote:do you know why we the followers of shafiq bawa TUS are not responding to your comments here because you have not informed whether you
are doing this with the raza of our shafiq bawa TUS how can be there bhuko mumineen when our shafiq bawa TUS and syedi wa moulai Muffadal bs TUS
has started muwaid scheme to feed every mumin in anywhere in the world., they are having itjemas all over the world to make sure no mumin goes hungry and to make sure every one get halal and fresh food even when they are travelling
so can you tell us fanatics :roll: if you are have raza to do this and then we will consider talking to you
Kid53,
did you took raza for joining this forum ?

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:15 pm

stranger wrote:
abde53 wrote:do you know why we the followers of shafiq bawa TUS are not responding to your comments here because you have not informed whether you
Kid53,
did you took raza for joining this forum ?
This should put the kid in his place!!!

murtaza2152

Unread post by murtaza2152 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:00 pm

bohraji wrote:Salaam Alaikum,
I would like to bring to your attention,if those who still think that acute poverty does not exist in our community.
There is place near the mazaar of Molai Adam Saheb (The same highly learned person who prayed behind a bhisti to prove his humbleness and obedeince to the the farmaan of his dai) called Eint Waada.This is nothing but jhopad pattis being inhabited by dawoodi bohras.Things are really bad there and this is just one of the places.Dirty,filthy squalid conditions.Improper sanitation and it is just pathetic.Let us not turn a blind eye to this.Let us open up to the stark realities and visualise the life of our fellow mumins.No white kurtas for them to wear,no mutton or chicken to eat,its just watery kichdee and watery daal.Forget the comforts of an AC kothri these poor souls will not even be allowed in the hall.
@ Bohraji
Hey Bohraji , Please dont beat drums if u dont know anything about Ahmedabad .Not a single mumiin lives near Moulaai Aadam Saaheb Dargaah near Big Bazaar as u claim . So no question of filthy dirty surroundingand all rubbish things you wrote. Dont spread lies.
The place u mentioned Eiit Wada is in Saraspur where our main roza is situated ,in that area there are pakka makaans of mumineens and they are much well to do . There are also two flats in that area where mumineen are living happily one flat is named as Burhani Appartments . Infact houses are given to mumineen by jamaats in places like Kalupur Qutbi Mohalla , Mowalaai Dawood saab dargah complex , Moulaai Yusufi Tayyabji complex Gomtipur .
To add, whole Ahmedabad is benefitted by Thaali system .
So please dont spread lies , enquire before you write anything .

PS - I am from Ahmedabad and presently living .

MurtazaVds

Unread post by MurtazaVds » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Adam wrote:It is a great initiative to help the people in need all over the world.
We (the Shabab organization I am a part off) are undertaking similar efforts to help those in need.
Currently due to the Monsoon season, there are efforts to inspect households that are leaking and to make efforts to improve the structures.

It is great to know there is philanthrophy every where. Jazakallah.

Same Here Adam Bhai.....me to the member of Shabab Organization in my city..........taking some small steps (Not much) to help the people......

MurtazaVds

Unread post by MurtazaVds » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm

murtaza2152 wrote:
@ Bohraji
Hey Bohraji , Please dont beat drums if u dont know anything about Ahmedabad .Not a single mumiin lives near Moulaai Aadam Saaheb Dargaah near Big Bazaar as u claim . So no question of filthy dirty surroundingand all rubbish things you wrote. Dont spread lies.
The place u mentioned Eiit Wada is in Saraspur where our main roza is situated ,in that area there are pakka makaans of mumineens and they are much well to do . There are also two flats in that area where mumineen are living happily one flat is named as Burhani Appartments . Infact houses are given to mumineen by jamaats in places like Kalupur Qutbi Mohalla , Mowalaai Dawood saab dargah complex , Moulaai Yusufi Tayyabji complex Gomtipur .
To add, whole Ahmedabad is benefitted by Thaali system .
So please dont spread lies , enquire before you write anything .

PS - I am from Ahmedabad and presently living .

Murtaza2152 is it true ??.......I have also know about that pakka makaans are being alotted to the muminees every where in the cities and muminees getting benefit after this scheme of Huzurala Tus...my home town which is nearly a small city and there also the pakka makaan scheme is running through then how can big city like Ahmadabad not getting in touch with this scheme........
what to say bohraji after this.............

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Both Murtazas
One with VD and one 2152
I did speak to people Bohraji mentioned and are being independently checked out for their conditions ( Not Bohraji but some one who is part of Abde group, not a fanatic and works for NGO) and you both are being part of Abde Regressive are nothing but liers. Shame on you Instead of helping people you are discrediting some one who is helping. Bohraji and many others on this forum are working independently to help those unfortunate people. Some of the generous people on this forum are helping those people directly thru their own contacts. All Bohraji is doing is identifying those who need help and puts in touch with those who want to support them.
You both must of for Bait e Zainy or Qasre Aali since you donot understand poverty and are in denial of poverty in Bohra Community.
In Mumbai I have seen Bohras living in Dharavi and Slum of Mumbra and no one is helping them Have you been to Naryalwadi Qabrastan and have you seen DB begging there.
Which world do you two MORONS live. a world of fantasy where Ziyafaats and Mushafikats are done 24/7. If you can not do something positive keep you idiotic personality out of it.

MurtazaVds

Unread post by MurtazaVds » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:46 pm

SBM
I am (might be Murtaza2152) not discrediting some one who is helping its good if ur going for a stand for those peoples .......I am also an active member of Shabab taking small steps for helping people.....we are just want to clarify from bohraji.....
if murtaza2152 is living in Ahmadabad he will know better then other who are living in other city.......
and acoording to murtaza2152 Not a single mumiin lives near Moulaai Aadam Saaheb Dargaah near Big Bazaar as claimed
and as said that there is bohra slum in the any where in the city...so cant u post the pic of that if it is true

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:06 pm

MurtazaVds wrote:SBM
I am (might be Murtaza2152) not discrediting some one who is helping its good if ur going for a stand for those peoples .......I am also an active member of Shabab taking small steps for helping people.....we are just want to clarify from bohraji.....
if murtaza2152 is living in Ahmadabad he will know better then other who are living in other city.......
and acoording to murtaza2152 Not a single mumiin lives near Moulaai Aadam Saaheb Dargaah near Big Bazaar as claimed
and as said that there is bohra slum in the any where in the city...so cant u post the pic of that if it is true
Here is the reference from another person
zohair1977 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 pm
Just go and visit Burhani Society, its called Dawoodi Bohra slum which is right behind Qutbi Roza...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:00 pm

MurtazaVds wrote:.......I am also an active member of Shabab taking small steps for helping people
I believe you are a member of Shabab, Mumbai and if so then are you aware of the dismal and pathetic living conditions of bohras in dharavi, sion koliwada and mumbra ? The bohra population in mumbra is almost equivalent to that in bhendi bazar and almost everyone there live below poverty line. Inspite of that are you aware that the ones who are entitled to RECIEVE zakat/wajebat are on the contrary asked to PAY the same ?

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:45 am

Salaam Alaikum,
Dear Murtaza 2152.
I am glad that you wrote and that you are from Ahmnedabad,Let us forget about Molai Adam saahab.Let us take Saraspur as you said.There is the Saifee Society in saraspur.Now right behind the last lane of houses there is a small narrow lane.Go there and have a look as to how the hutment is built there and see how mumins are living there.Just outside the Roza of Qutbuddin Shaheed see the line of autos all are driven by our fellow bohras of the ortho fold.And diagnally opposite the gate there is an old man wearing a topi he rides the cycle for the handicapped.That poor gentleman has to beg.
Yes the pakka makaans have been made but there are a lot more that need to be made.I Challenge any one to walk around Kalopur there are more places than Qutbi Mohalla,See the things first hand.The Thali system is good but you know very well that the quality is questionable.Please understand besides food they also need other essentials.Like fees for kids,medicines,clothes,etc.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:54 am

@All,

Whether Bohras live in Places Bohraji mentioned or not is irrelevant, the mute point is that their is poverty in Bohras and that cant be denied. we are so used to the pomp and show that we have forgotten that our brethern are in dire need of help. I have mentioned it earlier that we as a community needs to go back to our roots of philnathropy. Our forefather didnt just filled the coffers of Kothar and sit back for things to happen, they took it on themselves and helped the community as much as possible with their individual efforts or organised groups to help within the community.

Dont think that the undue credit will be taken by Aamil or clergies if you will help. Best way is dont mention it to anyone. try to be as discreet about your deeds as possible, this will help you dodge the limelight and futile attempts from the local aamil to pay jamaat instead of individual help.

I will give an example from my local town, Their is a group which is working outside Jamaat administration and is a private group. It gets its financial support from both mainstream bohras as well as reform minded and supporters of reformists. They have a database of whole City's Bohra populace, like how many widows, disabled, no earning members, below poverty line etc. They help so discreetly that maximum times the reciever dosnt know from where have they rec the ration, school fee, school uniform or medicines, they have shouldered medical bills also. Many aamils have tried to enlist them and make it a Jamaat runned group but they declined politely and continue on their own. One Aamil took help from them in distributing grant from Syedna(tus) he handed over the money and asked them to distribute according to their database. So not all Aamils are bad but majority have lost their sense of helping and empathy which they are entrusted with so take it upon yourself and dont expect others to carry it out for you.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 am

Br. Aqs
Very well said and Aameen to that.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am

Murtaza 2152
If you are from Ahmedabad, can you please post your VERIFIABLE address and telephone number
and we will have a representative from NGO take you and show you the poverty among Bohras and the people Bohraji is talking about.
Now you want Bohraji to post the pictures of those unfortunate DB who are poor, Is not enough that they are living in squalid condition and you want them to be humiliated further by having their pictures posted here. You must be a sadistic person who enjoys the misery of people.
AGAIN I AND OTHERS HAVE VERIFIED THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IDENTIFIED BY BOHRAJI AND MANY ON THIS FORUM HAVE WRITTEN TO ME AND HAVE JOINED IN THE NOBLE CAUSE OF HELPING THESE AND OTHERS DOWN ON THEIR LUCK.
I AM VERY PROUD THAT MAJORITY OF PEOPLE FROM BOTH SIDE OF SPECTRUM DID NOT EVEN QUESTION THE MOTIVES OF BOHRAJI AND OTHERS AND AGREED TO HELP PEOPLE IN NEED DIRECTLY OR THRU BOHRAJI via COUPLE OF VOLUNTEERS ON THE GROUND WHO WILL MEET THESE PEOPLE AND ASSESS THEIR SITUATION AND TRY TO MAKE THEM SELF SUFFICIENT AND TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVING CONDITIONS
Murtaza 2152, please and I am requesting you to refrain from spreading doubts in people's mind who are ready and willing to help if you do not want to help please stay out of it like Progticide-Profstian-shabbir4U and others have done and be happy with your participation in whatever you do.
I WANT TO THANK ALL THOSE (ORTHOS AND PROGRESSIVES) WHO HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THIS UPON THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR ESTABLISHMENT AS THEY ARE ALL AWARE OF REALITY ON GROUND.
MAY ALLAH REWARD ALL OF THEM FOR THEIR HELP AND MAY ALLAH GUIDE THOSE WHO HAVE DOUBTS IN THEIR MIND
Sorry for shouting (by putting in Block letters)

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 am

Br Aqs
Alhamdulliah Please see the PM and please remember us in your Dua during your ziyarat to Karbala

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:51 am

aqs wrote:
SBM wrote:Murtaza 2152
If you are from Ahmedabad, can you please post your VERIFIABLE address and telephone number
and we will have a representative from NGO take you and show you the poverty among Bohras and the people Bohraji is talking about.
Now you want Bohraji to post the pictures of those unfortunate DB who are poor, Is not enough that they are living in squalid condition and you want them to be humiliated further by having their pictures posted here. You must be a sadistic person who enjoys the misery of people.
AGAIN I AND OTHERS HAVE VERIFIED THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IDENTIFIED BY BOHRAJI AND MANY ON THIS FORUM HAVE WRITTEN TO ME AND HAVE JOINED IN THE NOBLE CAUSE OF HELPING THESE AND OTHERS DOWN ON THEIR LUCK.
I AM VERY PROUD THAT MAJORITY OF PEOPLE FROM BOTH SIDE OF SPECTRUM DID NOT EVEN QUESTION THE MOTIVES OF BOHRAJI AND OTHERS AND AGREED TO HELP PEOPLE IN NEED DIRECTLY OR THRU BOHRAJI via COUPLE OF VOLUNTEERS ON THE GROUND WHO WILL MEET THESE PEOPLE AND ASSESS THEIR SITUATION AND TRY TO MAKE THEM SELF SUFFICIENT AND TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVING CONDITIONS
Murtaza 2152, please and I am requesting you to refrain from spreading doubts in people's mind who are ready and willing to help if you do not want to help please stay out of it like Progticide-Profstian-shabbir4U and others have done and be happy with your participation in whatever you do.
I WANT TO THANK ALL THOSE (ORTHOS AND PROGRESSIVES) WHO HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THIS UPON THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR ESTABLISHMENT AS THEY ARE ALL AWARE OF REALITY ON GROUND.
MAY ALLAH REWARD ALL OF THEM FOR THEIR HELP AND MAY ALLAH GUIDE THOSE WHO HAVE DOUBTS IN THEIR MIND
Sorry for shouting (by putting in Block letters)

dO PROGRESSIVE DAWOODI BOHRA BELIEVE IN INAM HUSEIN?

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:00 am

Do not de rail the topic .Ask these questions on a differnt thread.
It is astonishing that you are more concerned about a progressives beleif than the welfare of an ortho mumin!

murtaza2152

Unread post by murtaza2152 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 pm

bohraji wrote:Salaam Alaikum,
Dear Murtaza 2152.
I am glad that you wrote and that you are from Ahmnedabad,Let us forget about Molai Adam saahab.Let us take Saraspur as you said.There is the Saifee Society in saraspur.Now right behind the last lane of houses there is a small narrow lane.Go there and have a look as to how the hutment is built there and see how mumins are living there.Just outside the Roza of Qutbuddin Shaheed see the line of autos all are driven by our fellow bohras of the ortho fold.And diagnally opposite the gate there is an old man wearing a topi he rides the cycle for the handicapped.That poor gentleman has to beg.
Yes the pakka makaans have been made but there are a lot more that need to be made.I Challenge any one to walk around Kalopur there are more places than Qutbi Mohalla,See the things first hand.The Thali system is good but you know very well that the quality is questionable.Please understand besides food they also need other essentials.Like fees for kids,medicines,clothes,etc.
@Bohraji Firstly i am not demoralizing you and other members for not helping people. Coming to Ahmedabad i agree there is a bit poverty in city but u are saying too much. My uncle lives in Sarspur Burhani Society and they are living in good house,no filthy surroundin all is good ,yes i agree houses are old but in fine condition pakka houses. Yes many bohras drive autorickshaws in city but many are helped also by jamaat for startin small businesses. Jamaat is helping them in possible ways like in childrens school fees medicines etc etc. Middle class bohras are more in ahmedabad , but you cannot say poverty prevails in Ahmedabad. And thaali food is hygienic, new cooking centers are developed for cooking thaali foods.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:16 pm

murtaza2152 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:00 pm
@ Bohraji
Hey Bohraji , Please dont beat drums if u dont know anything about Ahmedabad .Not a single mumiin lives near Moulaai Aadam Saaheb Dargaah near Big Bazaar as u claim . So no question of filthy dirty surroundingand all rubbish things you wrote. Dont spread lies....The place u mentioned Eiit Wada is in Saraspur where our main roza is situated ,in that area there are pakka makaans of mumineens and they are much well to do.
murtaza2152 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 pm
@Bohraji Firstly i am not demoralizing you and other members for not helping people. Coming to Ahmedabad i agree there is a bit poverty in city
murtaza bhai
i am confused first you say not a single mumin is poor and they live in pakka makaans and next you say you agree with him there is a bit poverty in city. so bhai what is true are there any poor mumin in Ahmedabad as Bohraji said or it is lies as you say...

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 am

We all may have different take towards understanding essence of poverty. Ofcourse the one who are struggling to manage 2 square meals are absolute definition of poverty. But then their also lies many situation where, a person has good income but struggles to meet certain life’s objectives such as a fair education, medical emergencies or sudden financial back set.

We also need to understand, that not all occupations shall be considered humiliating. There is a specific mention, that bohra mumin driving autorickshaws / taxis are perceived poor or regarded as not in a suitable occupation as per image of the bohra community. Many bohra mumins considers a low grade to identify a bohra in such occupations, such as drivers, autorickshaws, waiters, cleaners etc. In my opinion this is a wrong mentality.

As long as one is working hard in halal occupations and serving society positively, one shall not be disrespected. Not everyone is capable of being a topshot dukaandaar or a professional due to human limitation or unfortunate situations in life.

I have come across a snobbish attitude amongst bohra youths without any credible qualification, skill or talent refusing to work in certain occupation considered degrading in the community. They would sit and suffer financial constraints, but not mend their mentality to meet their needs. Such fancy superiority complex is instilled by attending sabaks and majalis consuming doze of “down-to-earth-above-others” attitude. At one side, there are no prominent bohra institutions promoting vocational or higher education but dish out restrictions (farman) not to work in certain occupation affecting image of the community.

I appreciate the encouragement by the Kothari leaders to become entrepreneurs and also promote the initiative by facilitating interest-free loans. But one must also understand the competency of a person to be able to execute such enterprise. If we remove this discrimination mentality and layers of subconscious segregation (partly its programmed and partly its humane), it would be really helpful.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am

How strange that abdes and die hard followers are claiming there is not so much poverty while some. Moderates are trying to raise awareness.

It is like after slumdog some celebrities were ashamed and criticized the movie as it was the bitter pill !

Thank God that we are not only relying on one source of information or as they say mis-information

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 am

Dear Oz bhai,
Salaam Alaikum.
The reason I brought up the issue was because nobody was doing anything about .I tried to raise the issue long back and have been a member for ten years but was never regular.All that is there on the forum usually ends up like a never ending flthy fight between Shias/sunnis/wahhabis.
Even now after posting the true picture there are posts refuting the whole poverty issue. It is with the constant suppot by SBM that I get the encouragement from.
I have got PMs from total strangers who want to donate and help and even the ultra orthos who have told me that even though thye give thousands in wajebaat they do not know if it goes in helping the needy.
I am now trying to get information from villages of MP and Rajasthan and I will post it here on the forum.
You will be surprised to know that the receiving and giving is done by different people from the same group so we just know of the receivers and do not know them personally.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:17 pm

so bohraji
how many people did you feed, seems that progressives did not help you much.because i do not see any more of SBM and your postings it is better for you and people who need help contact shabab or the aamil and they will be taken care by our shafiq bawa TUS and people of our community

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Salaam Alaikum,
Dear Abde 53 bhai,
why are you being so sarcastic,you know that the shabab will not help and have you seen an Amil ever give a najwa? No my brother in faith,Amils always receive Najwa.Anyway I will come to that later.
To your surprise,people have helped.Three peole have sent funds totalling RS 25000.One Bhai has sent RS 12000,another Rs 10000 and another bhai Rs 3000.All have requested that they not be named.As a matter of fact RS 13000 has been received today and Rs 12000 has to be collected tommorrow Inshallah.
We have bought 120 packets of food totaling a little than RS 100 each.These will be distributed to needy Bohras.There will be afew packets that will be distributed to Non Bohra Muslims as well.RS 12000 will be kept aside as it will be given to pay for two kids tuition and rickshaw in twelve monthly installments of RS 1000 each.And two thousand Rs will be paid to an old couple,whose wife has had a terrible accident.This will take care of their immediate needs. All this has been verified by SBM who has had it checked by two social workers of Ahmedabad ,one of them workd for an NGO and does not even know me.People can send a PM to SBM to check it out.
Please let it be known that yes the thali system is good,but it is not good enough.People have to prepare food because in Ahmedabad,the food is sent for one time meal only and the destitute do not have enough.A lot os people are struggling with school fees and supplies.To many a bottle of fruit Jam is a luxury.
We do require more help as RAmadan is near,children need uniforms and other daily basic items like sugar,tea,dals,rice,oil .These are still very expensive in India and the prices are going up.For example a pouch of 1 litre oil was of rRS 65 a few months ago and now it is RS 72.The less fortunate cannot afford to buy 1 litre packets at a time .Instead the buy in small plastic bags,sold loose .So they end up paying the highes prices.Tgere a families where the income is a mere RS 2000 amonth!I appeal to people who had promised help to please re think and if in doubt then please send a PM to SBM for verification of the above.Even a 100 Rs will make a big difference to a family.The Admin has kindly provided a link .for the donation under the heading Poverty in Ahmedabad.People can doate through their CC anonymously and then the ADmin will wire me the money.SBM is already involved to oversee the distribution of the funds and he is trying to involve a few others for more transparency. Tehre a few kids whoose tuition fees need to be taken care of and some more people who need medicines,food ,clothes etc.Please pitch in.Start with RS 100,you will not beleive but it will buy a pouch of Oil and more.This will last a poor family a month.
Coming back to ABDE 53,Please have a heart .Do you really think that these wretched of the Bohra community have not approached the Amil or the Shabab? You very well know as to what happens at the devri.Its just giving and giving and giving . Why do you think bohras go to Husseini bakery in Biscuit Gali,pankore naka,near teen Darwaja? These sunni owners help any muslim even the bohras with money during ramzaan.If you doubt me then ask any one of the bohra shopkeepers in Biscuit Gali.They will confirm as to what I have said.Even though the devri is less tah 100 metres away,people are forced to go to these kind hearted people as they are shunned away from the the jamaat offices.yes some people are given help,but we all know that they make up a tiny fraction.Just at the gate of teh devri near teen darwaja there will be bohras selling items on the streets on patharas.
Poverty does exists and we are trying to help a few.So dear readers,have a heart.please donate.A fellow Bohra is having sleepless nights because he cannot pay for his childs school fees.You can help by as little as RS 100 per month.Just do it.
JAK

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Dear Bohraji
Thank you for taking an initiative and making to see it works. Many of the people from both side of spectrum have sent me PM to see if this is genuine all those who sent me the PM know who I am. Bohraji please do not worry about the comments from abde53 or his likes
Murtaza VD as well as Murtaza 2152 who had questioned about those people and were in denial that poverty exists and when confronted with the facts just wiggled out. The Abde defender of Kothari Goons Adam-Progticide and Profstian have shown an incredible silence on the topic
But again as we said we can not eradicate poverty but if we can help one to two families and make them self sufficient or provide their children with descent eduction I think that in itself is a big accomplishment
There are members with whom I had serious disagreements on many topic but about Poverty I was heartened to see their positive postings and we know we can disagree on many issues but we all have human feelings to help people in need. I should know I was victim of poverty and in time of need it was not Kothar but people of conscious who helped me thru and it is my time to do the same for others, Bohraji has given me that opportunity and hope many will join in this Kar-e-Khair :)
Last edited by SBM on Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.