73 sects

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
I Rizwan

73 sects

Unread post by I Rizwan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:28 am

There is much confusion about the hadith regarding 73 sects, and how restrictive the conditions of entering Paradise is. Many taking a hard head literal approach to it, boasting salvation for their “sect” and condemning all others to the hellfire – while others dismiss it as a total fabrication because (to them) it is not inline with Allah’s (swt) Justice.
See how Ameer al-Mu'mineen, Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as), gives the tafseer to this hadith. (See Article)

http://purifiedhousehold.com/the-ummah- ... -73-sects/

anajmi

Re: 73 sects

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:37 pm

This looks like a fabrication created by Ali worshippers.

Allah says in the Quran in Surah Muminoon.

Certainly will the believers have succeeded:
They who are during their prayer humbly submissive
And they who turn away from ill speech
And they who are observant of zakah
And they who guard their private parts
Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed
And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive
And they who carefully maintain their prayers -
Those are the inheritors
Who will inherit al-Firdaus. They will abide therein eternally.

And then in Surah Al-Kahf Allah says
Say, "I am only a man like you, to whom has been revealed that your god is one God. So whoever would hope for the meeting with his Lord - let him do righteous work and not associate in the worship of his Lord anyone."

The characteristics of the people of the sect going to heaven are in the Quran itself. I believe 72 is not a literal number. It is simply to indicate many sects.