When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Or will you seek a moral religion to replace the immoral one you now follow, if you happen to be Christian or Muslim?

Or will you let your faith hide the truth of the immorality of your God?

Martin Luther.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Regards
DL

salim

Re: When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?

Unread post by salim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 pm

For Muslims in general and Shia Ismailis in particular, reason plays very important role in understanding religion. They do not go against each other. While you can understand religion through reason, you can't do the same thing with Allah.

It is tough to understand Allah by logic because Allah is above our senses and beyond reason. Allah does not have to act according to Reason. Reason is Allah's creation, not the vice-versa.

According to me most of Allah's creation (including religion) can be understood by reason, but you can't understand Allah with it.

anajmi

Re: When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatural religion?

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 am

God isn't killing innocents around the world dropping MOABS!!. "Reasonable" humans are fool. When will this fool wake up?