Upgrading the Forum

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
qjbj

Re: Upgrading the Forum

Unread post by qjbj » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:02 pm

Admin,

The changes are ok but lets go back to the blue color. Not sure about this chocalate color. Also, you highlight/bold the user and date when topic was created/started. Instead, can you highlight/bold the last user and date that contributed/posted for particular topic. This will make it easier to see when new user made a comment on particular topic.

Shukran

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 pm

^
Agree

alam

Unread post by alam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:23 pm

What about upgrading the forum for better clarity of exchange of ideas without distractions from abusive and demeaning language?

As the aged amongst us we learn to adapt to new colors, and differences in technology, surely we can learn to adhere to consistently using respectful ways of expressing ourselves on this forum. What can Admin do? What can we do? Any upgrades there. ?

Forgive the distraction - please.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:00 pm

haha, be ready to get ridiculed and sarcasmized. I posted similar request once and was ridiculed and sarcasmized!
alam wrote:What about upgrading the forum for better clarity of exchange of ideas without distractions from abusive and demeaning language?

As the aged amongst us we learn to adapt to new colors, and differences in technology, surely we can learn to adhere to consistently using respectful ways of expressing ourselves on this forum. What can Admin do? What can we do? Any upgrades there. ?

Forgive the distraction - please.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:40 pm

I was more comfortable with the original dark brown version, also please activate 'Like' option soon.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Admin,

Previously there use to be a column displaying the number of viewers who have viewed a particular thread which is absent in the current form, it is necessary to retain that information as it gives an idea of how popular/active a particular thread is.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:47 pm

i can understand your predicament GM. Given your age, you don't like change much. It happens in companies a lot where people become comfortable with process/technology and resist any change in that even if the new process/technology will improve things!
ghulam muhammed wrote:I was more comfortable with the original dark brown version, also please activate 'Like' option soon.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:10 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Admin,

Previously there use to be a column displaying the number of viewers who have viewed a particular thread which is absent in the current form, it is necessary to retain that information as it gives an idea of how popular/active a particular thread is.
The number of "views" column is still there.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Admin wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:Admin,

The number of "views" column is still there.
Could you please tell me where is it.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:56 pm

views.PNG
ghulam muhammed wrote: Could you please tell me where is it.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:33 pm

I think GM is asking about the viewers and not the views.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:18 pm

dawedaar wrote:
views.PNG
ghulam muhammed wrote: Could you please tell me where is it.
The subject column is not visible, Iam surprised how you get this !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Iam sorry but I had to adjust my laptop and could finally view it. Thanks Bro dawedaar.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Admin wrote:

@Admin, the problem where I get logged out again and again while trying to post something has surfaced again. This happens especially in threads spanning a high number of pages like 'Future of Dawoodi Bohras' etc.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm

dawedaar wrote: @Admin, the problem where I get logged out again and again while trying to post something has surfaced again. This happens especially in threads spanning a high number of pages like 'Future of Dawoodi Bohras' etc.
It could be a temporary glitch. Let us know if it persists.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Admin,

This issue or rather a user interface suggestion has been coming to mind since long but never wrote about it.

Right now, when we click any external link from any thread post, the link opens on top of this forum instead of opening in a new tab or window. This I feel is not user friendly UI and not a standard. I hope, you can make changes as it is a very simple change in the code.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Admin,

Seeing this error quite few times in last few days.. Anybody else got this error?
db2.PNG
db1.PNG

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:40 pm

dawedaar wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi Admin,

Seeing this error quite few times in last few days.. Anybody else got this error?
db1.PNG
db2.PNG
This should be resolved now.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 pm

dawedaar wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi Admin,

This issue or rather a user interface suggestion has been coming to mind since long but never wrote about it.

Right now, when we click any external link from any thread post, the link opens on top of this forum instead of opening in a new tab or window. This I feel is not user friendly UI and not a standard. I hope, you can make changes as it is a very simple change in the code.
Please check again, the link should open in a new tab or window. If it doesn't then it must due to user settings of the browswer.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Still getting frequent database error... too many connections!
Admin wrote:
dawedaar wrote:
Hi Admin,

db1.PNG
db2.PNG
This should be resolved now.

asad

Re: Ashara Oppression 2015

Unread post by asad » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Ateka wrote:You are a gem, Gulaam bhai. Always ready to help. Thankyou! Hope this helps to justle even if, by an ounce, the faith of my mother in the dai. The only problem is she is a fluent urdu and daawat ni zaban, reader and hence deprived of the vast material available to unmask the dai.

ghulam muhammed wrote:
Badri Lacewala contradictory and abusive speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBLIOUrNzqw
I and others have suggested in the past to Admin to start a Hindi or a Gujarati section, as vast majority of Bohras whom we want to target cant understand English, or atleast they can translate the famous threads, Google translate can always help.

Dumbledore

Re: Ashara Oppression 2015

Unread post by Dumbledore » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:27 am

asad wrote:
Ateka wrote:You are a gem, Gulaam bhai. Always ready to help. Thankyou! Hope this helps to justle even if, by an ounce, the faith of my mother in the dai. The only problem is she is a fluent urdu and daawat ni zaban, reader and hence deprived of the vast material available to unmask the dai.

I and others have suggested in the past to Admin to start a Hindi or a Gujarati section, as vast majority of Bohras whom we want to target cant understand English, or atleast they can translate the famous threads, Google translate can always help.
To do localization of this site in hindi gujrati what efforts are required...if any plugins for translation are required what costs are incurred.

qjbj

Unread post by qjbj » Mon May 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Good job on the new update. Can you tell what roza photo you have on the top?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 02, 2016 10:49 pm

qjbj wrote:Good job on the new update. Can you tell what roza photo you have on the top?

good work guys. same query as QJBJ from me too :)

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 pm

sorry, just one thing more. not sure if this is the case with my machine or what, but in the earlier look, topics with unread posts would be in bold while those which i have read would be released from the bold font. so this way, it was easy to figure out which is which. but im missing that here

or is it just me?

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Tue May 03, 2016 4:26 am

zinger wrote:sorry, just one thing more. not sure if this is the case with my machine or what, but in the earlier look, topics with unread posts would be in bold while those which i have read would be released from the bold font. so this way, it was easy to figure out which is which. but im missing that here

or is it just me?
No it's not just you. Seems like with this theme the difference is in the colours used to indicate read/unread messages/forums.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Tue May 03, 2016 10:28 am

qjbj wrote:Good job on the new update. Can you tell what roza photo you have on the top?
Thanks. That is Burhanpur roza.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Cool themes in new bb upgrade. Still needs some pHP tweaks at several places..

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Admin,

Some of us are still waiting for the 'Like' button to activate.