Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by think » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:16 pm

This dabba scheme is definitely mind control. there was a time in the 60's when a philantrphist of karachi would send wheat, rice, etc in truck loads to the poor bohris who lived near juna market and other poor areas of karachi. The then amil of karachi Tahir bhaisaheb said this was not without raza and all the rations should be delivered at his place and he will distribute. Yes, you guessed right, all the gunny bags of wheat etc were rotting near the footpath of adam masjid. the food was never distributed and the chamchas and goondas of the committee took it away to hoard in their homes.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 pm

In towns like Arusha in Tanzania a friend tells me that Dabba system is compulsory and that most of the times many families simply give away the contents to their African employees. Many of these employees simply throw the food away as it is awful. I am sure similar situation exists elsewhere and it would be interesting to find out out.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Bro MKenya,

Yes, this problem does exist in many Indian cities and members from both sides of the divide know it but somehow the abdes just refuse to accept this because according to them their Dai cannot go wrong anywhere/anytime. This perception is drilled into their minds since childhood and instead of analysing certain issues they chose to follow the herd !!

I personally believe that the concept is very good but the intent is highly questionable, first it was FREE, then it was CHARGED and then made COMPULSORY !! If it is a charitable deed then why is it CHARGED and why is it made COMPULSORY ?? The money collected in only 10 Ziafats can take care of the monthly bill of the entire Bohra jamaat worldwide.

As there are exceptions everywhere, so are some in this case........... The Dabba food prepared by certain caterers like Ghogha is real good !

think

Unread post by think » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:31 pm

commonsense dictates why one should pay for food that he or she will not consume. The whole idea of barkati food is lost when it is purchased and then given away. why would anyone want to pay for this food and then give it away to poor folks who also do not eat but throw it away. does it not say in the quran that allah does not like wasting food. More imprtant it is that the family eat what they would like to eat rather than dictated by the mafia clergy to eat what is given to them. such dictatorship can only be practised in jail houses or with abdes. No free thinking individual living in a free society earning his own livlihood will go for this kind of crap.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 pm

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:30 am

GM bhai, if one were to order these dishes from a restaurant (assuming that they serve Daal Chawal Palidu :D ) how much do you think it would cost?

Compare that to how much is being paid for the Thaali

We had kheema and cauliflower ki subzi, 6 rotis and veg pulao yesterday. What did you get? again, assuming that you get the thaali :)

The kheema was very tasty, albiet a little oily. cauliflower i dont like, so i avoided it.

My wife always leaves a little for me so i can eat it too at night. Thats how i know :) . What about at your home? Do you eat the food?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 am

My wife always leaves a little for me so i can eat it too at night. Thats how i know
Why only little because it is not enough or you donot like it :P

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am

zinger

You have to compare the economics of thaali with the dabbas provided by other people in your town and not with dishes to be ordered from restaurant. This is a classical example given by bohras to justify dabba amount which unfortunately is not cheap but higher compared to what is provided in your city by some of the mess providers.

A real example.
My colleagues in the office get dabbas from outside and they are charged rs 65 per dabba (works out to be 1690 for 26 days) . The dabba provided by jamaat in our area sufficient for 1 person is charged at rs 2100 per month (26 days). This is still around rs 400 more than what is charged normally.

The qty in both dabbas is nearly same. To add both the dabbas are low in quality and taste.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:08 am

There is unfair criticism regarding Thaali System, I agree that forcing down peopl’s throat is not right ! I m also surprised at those jamaats who are forcing it. personally I haven’t faced any compulsion from local jamaat. Be it for paying donations or subscribing to dabba.

Although there is a formal instruction from Dai’s office to have the thaali compulsory, but the ground level implementation is subject to local jamat’s zeal to executethe scheme. We usually find fanatic sheikhs and mullahs resorting to extreme measures, whereas some are liberal in their approach. It all depends on personal outlook of the man-in-power at local jamat/area.

Other complaints regarding quantity / taste / hygiene etc are unfair. These judgements are very subjective and shall not be generalized.

I m not totally against the thaali system, there are only few points I don’t agree with. However at larger opinion, I vote for the thaali system, as it has been advantageous for many people. Surprisingly I have observed many relief stories since thaali system is implemented.

Bohra Students (male/female) in Pune were at mercy of few bohra meal providers, they had limited seats (in thaals) and rigid demands. Also they were expensive ( 2500 – 4000) per month for Lunch/Dinner, No dinner on Sunday, No meals on jamaat sponsored mikaats etc.

There are bohra men sharing apartments in Kuwait and are relieved from cooking hassles as they get ready made meals arranged at their place. These are double shift hardworking class people,who are just surviving to make money. Truly they are thankful and not complaining if some day meal is not upto mark.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:22 pm

such farmans from kothar of compulsory dabba and then not implementing at floor level shows the cleverness and decietful nature of the kothar. they make such rules and if it works out , that is more power to them and if it flops they wriggle out of it .

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 am

humble_servant_us wrote:zinger

You have to compare the economics of thaali with the dabbas provided by other people in your town and not with dishes to be ordered from restaurant. This is a classical example given by bohras to justify dabba amount which unfortunately is not cheap but higher compared to what is provided in your city by some of the mess providers.

A real example.
My colleagues in the office get dabbas from outside and they are charged rs 65 per dabba (works out to be 1690 for 26 days) . The dabba provided by jamaat in our area sufficient for 1 person is charged at rs 2100 per month (26 days). This is still around rs 400 more than what is charged normally.

The qty in both dabbas is nearly same. To add both the dabbas are low in quality and taste.
Hi HSU

1. I am not comparing it to a restaurant in the literal self... actually i am, merely to prove a point that this quantity and quality of food, you get from a restaurant at far, far, far more expensive rates
2. the dabbas that your colleagues get in office is only veg. no way can you get a veg dabba in Rs. 65 (atleast not in Mumbai for sure)
3. Maybe the quantity of dabba is different. we get, not necessarily enough for 2, but enough for an adult and a child
4. the taste and quality of different thaalis will naturally be different. did you know that the zinger burger (my favourite analogy) tastes different in KFC at Bombay Central and different in KFC at Inorbit Mall, Malad? And these guys are supposed to be even more stringent than us :P
5. If a dabba is just rs. 65, then it is definitely perhaps sub-standard food. the food in the thaali is mostly very good. there are times when they fall short of the mark but that happens at home too doesnt it

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 am

SBM wrote:
My wife always leaves a little for me so i can eat it too at night. Thats how i know
Why only little because it is not enough or you donot like it :P
Ya man SBM bhai, the food is enough for 2 people if they have small appertites. you know how we Dawoodi Bohras love our food na :D

she leaves it for me more for me to taste so i can write about it here everyday :wink:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Bohras of Surat have hardly recovered from the shock of fakhir najwas in misaq and other events and there comes another farman for the Surat Nanpura jamat instructing them to buy as many 'Units' as possible being the cost towards upgrading the Mawaid kitchen, the cost of each 'Unit' being Rs.3,000/-. God knows where the tonnes of money collected from Ziafats, Hadiyats, Mafsusiyats, Wajebats, Qarde Hasanah etc etc goes !!

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:06 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Bohras of Surat have hardly recovered from the shock of fakhir najwas in misaq and other events and there comes another farman for the Surat Nanpura jamat instructing them to buy as many 'Units' as possible being the cost towards upgrading the Mawaid kitchen, the cost of each 'Unit' being Rs.3,000/-. God knows where the tonnes of money collected from Ziafats, Hadiyats, Mafsusiyats, Wajebats, Qarde Hasanah etc etc goes !!
money must have been vanished in Airconditining bills of Amil and others?

as far as I know hundereds in India lives in fan, then why do all kothar offices are fully air condition these days?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Bohras of Surat have hardly recovered from the shock of fakhir najwas in misaq and other events and there comes another farman for the Surat Nanpura jamat instructing them to buy as many 'Units' as possible being the cost towards upgrading the Mawaid kitchen, the cost of each 'Unit' being Rs.3,000/-. God knows where the tonnes of money collected from Ziafats, Hadiyats, Mafsusiyats, Wajebats, Qarde Hasanah etc etc goes !!

Let me help you , how many kasre Ali mouths are there feed

Ok next answer Abdes call him sultan now the sultan has to live , travel and act like one

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 am

GM bhai you must add the Zari fund in which crores and crores where collected and to day no body talks about that.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Muffy needs to take a lesson or two from this Hindu guy when it comes to Dabba/Thaali scheme :-

Narayanan Krishnan - The Selfless Hero Helping India's Helpless

Hero is a very strong word, but it fits 34-year-old Narayanan Krishnan perfectly. During the last 12 years, he has served over 1.5 million meals to India's homeless, mostly people abandoned by their families, either suffering from mental conditions or too old to care for themselves.

Back in 2002, young Narayanan Krishnan was already an award-winning chef working in a high-class restaurant for the prestigious Taj Hotels, and close to securing a job with another 5-star hotel, in Switzerland. Just before heading off to Europe, he traveled to his home town of Madurai, to visit his parents, where witnessed a scene that changed the course of his life forever. "I saw a very old man eating his own human waste for food," Krishnan told CNN. "It really hurt me so much. I was literally shocked for a second. After that, I started feeding that man and decided this is what I should do the rest of my lifetime."

Although he was a Brahmin - an upper class Hindu - destined for a successful career as a chef, Narayanan decided to give it all up and dedicate his life to helping those who couldn't help themselves. Shaken by the scene he has witnessed in Madurai, he quit his job within a week, convinced his destiny wasn't to cook elaborate dishes for the rich and famous, but provide sustenance to those who needed it most. "That night I thought, what am I doing? I am selling a plate of fried rice for ten dollars in my hotel where people come and have food for fantasy, fun, joy and recreation. Not for hunger. They eat only half portion of it and leave half of in the plate. It was a spark, a very powerful spark that I had," the young chef said about the event that made him what he is today.

By 2003, Narayanan Krishnan had founded Akshaya Trust, a nonprofit through which he has already served over one and a half million meals to India's homeless. The name of his organization is Sanskrit for "undecaying" or "imperishable", and was chosen to signify that human compassion should never decay or perish. Also, according to Hindu mythology, the Goddess Annapoorani used her Akshaya bowl to feed the hungry, without it ever depleting.
Krishnan's day begins at 4 am, every morning, as he and his team cover 125 miles in a donated van, scouring every nook and cranny of Madurai in search of homeless people in need of a hot meal. The dishes he prepares consist of simple, vegetarian food he cooks, packs and oftentimes hand-feeds himself to over 400 "clients" per day. He is frequently forced to work in temperatures of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and deal with hostile and paranoid people suffering from mental illnesses, but these difficult conditions only strengthen his resolve.

"The panic, suffering of the human hunger is the driving force of me and my team members of Akshaya," Narayanan says. "I get this energy from the people. The food which I cook . the enjoyment which they get is the energy. I see the soul. I want to save my people." Apart from food, he also carries a comb, scissors and razor, and is trained in eight different haircut styles to give his clients that extra bit of dignity they so desperately need.

Providing food for hundreds of people every day costs money, and according to a 2010 report by CNN, the sponsored donations received by Akshaya Trust only cover 22 days out of the month. The rest he subsidizes himself with the monthly rent he receives for a house his grandfather gave him. That leaves him with virtually nothing for himself, but luckily he can still rely on his once unsupportive parents for help.

"They had a lot of pain because they had spent a lot on my education," he said. "I asked my mother, 'Please come with me, see what I am doing.' After coming back home, my mother said, 'You feed all those people, the rest of the lifetime I am there, I will feed you.' I'm living for Akshaya. My parents are taking care of me."

"I used to think everything is alike - beggars. mentally ill. so I used to think everyone alike but he taught me the difference" Narayanan Lakshmi, Krishnan's mother, told ABC News. I was not a teacher, he was a teacher to me. People used to ask me, how did you brought up your. I didn't bring up my child. He only brought up me. (laughing) That is the irony".

In 2010, Narayanan Krishnan made the CNN Heroes 2010 list, a distinction that made his story known to the whole world, and helped raise awareness to India's homeless problem.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:59 pm

This Dabba/Thaali scam has opened one more business opportunity for Muffy as Dabbas are not being delivered for 40 days and needless to say that Bohras will never get refund for the amount paid by them. On a conservative basis there could be around 2 lakh Bohra families worldwide if we take the Bohra population as 10 lakhs only and 5 members per family. The Dabba charges are anywhere between Rs.1,000/- to Rs.3,000/- monthly and even if we take Rs.1,500/- as a benchmark then too it comes to a whooping Rs.30 CRORES (2 lakh x 1500) which is a simple and straight forward profit !! Add to that another savings for 10 days when Dabbas wont be delivered !!

Abdes will now shout that Jamans are being held at local jamatkhanas for 40 days but conveniently skip the fact that there is a serpentine queue of people who are doling out funds to sponsor these Jamans as it is a very big Sawab for them to serve food for their late Dai's fateha.

Saeed al Khair

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 am

My cousin sent me this report from Haidery,Karachi where the Aamil is Yahya Bhaiseheb. He is around 80 years old and a very hot headed person. Every body fears him. In his area around 400 Thali are regularly supplied to Mumineen forcefully. The food of Thali is not fit for eating. Even in Jail criminals get good quality food daily, free of charge. Cheepa daily feed thousands of people and provide them hot Roti and mutton Qurma free of charge,in Karachi. Oppressed Dawoodi Bohras of Yahya Bhai's area are bound to eat oily, 3rd grade food for which Mumineen pay amount. If health department raids the site and examine this food they will definitely file a case against the local Jamaat. Kumail's son is in-charge of Karachi Faiz al Muwaid but he has no time to visit and examine the quality .

Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin!
If your beloved family eats this low standard food they will be admitted in ICU. The reason is that food for daily Dabba and yearly Niyaz is prepared in open sky. Dirt and dust is mixed in the food and perishable vegetable is prepared without cleaning. Grains are full of stones as low quality material is purchased by the Mawaid team. Such nasty food is supplied as Thali of Moula for Shifa. This kind of food is poison and cause of several diseases.

These people also provide small quantity of food , enough for only two people. The workers and management load their Dabbas for themselves but provide only 25% of the dabba for Mumineen.
I hope my message should reach to all the concerned and they will forward it to you for action.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:50 pm

MS has done mass publicity alongwith the so called virtues, barkat and shifa for this dabba/thaali scheme. Now if that's the case then why doesn't any Bohra question him as to why MS and his large extended family themselves do not eat from the same dabbas !! They should permanently close down the huge kitchen at Saifee Mahal and sack the army of cooks employed in Saifee Mahal alongwith extra cooks stationed at every individual house of zaadas !

Saeed al Khair

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Thu May 01, 2014 3:06 pm

One leading cook of Saify Mahal who is my child days friend informed me that he prepares "Kapoora" for Bhaisahebs of Saify Mahal, who take it for sex. He packs special boxes and send it with "Royal Thali" of Qasre Aali . He mentioned that Shehzada Malik and Shehzada Qusai are very much found of it and twice a week enjoy eating.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

dont say this non sense, these all lies and false accusations against our beloved muffymula.

we all love seeking people must gang up and ban this saeed al khair !!!!

muffymula zindabad, sada rehjo baaki salaamat e mola, hazaro waras em dua che hamari, muffymula zindabad.
Well I know you are butt hurt because you dont wanna beleive the truth, but I think you and your "gang up" should go to crawford market sheekh wala and ask him whats qusai's and other zada's favourite item. :mrgreen:

I am sure that you dont have enough kapura to gang up and beat that sheekh wala. :mrgreen: because then you all will have your butt beaten off publicly.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sun May 04, 2014 12:23 am

I do not come to the site much because it hurts me that to see and read that I was born in this dismantled community. But, it has been joyous and hilarious reading these dabba thali scheme posts. WOW. The so called dai and progeny enjoy eating balls of animals to create sex drive. They are certainly horny people who have enough time producing children to run their huge empire. LOL.

james

Unread post by james » Sun May 04, 2014 12:48 am

Rebel wrote:I do not come to the site much because it hurts me that to see and read that I was born in this dismantled community. But, it has been joyous and hilarious reading these dabba thali scheme posts. WOW. The so called dai and progeny enjoy eating balls of animals to create sex drive. They are certainly horny people who have enough time producing children to run their huge empire. LOL.

Nafisa

Unread post by Nafisa » Sun May 04, 2014 4:57 pm

From 47th Nazim Dai till Mufaddal all are characterless,worldly men. See the history, compare the character with 46 previous Duaat, you will see the difference. Early Duaat used to eat simple food, eat with poor class, while current Tyrant Dai and his late father never visited poor houses and not take food at poor's home.

Dirty food is providing in India and Pakistan and fools calling it Maidah, Shifa Nee Thali, Barkati Thali.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Just go to Saifee Mahal during Bakri Idd and one will see the zaadas and even the zaadis relishing barbeque tikka, zaban, gurda, kaleji, khiri and kapuras like theres no tomorrow !!

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sun May 04, 2014 7:33 pm

It is a sad state that our leaders so called Dai's and family enjoy a lavish life eating tikka, zaban, gurda, kaleji....in Saifee Mahal....I wonder What that Mahal looks as I have never seen it. But, it is a fact that many Jamat members have a protruding belly which indicates that they enjoy lavish food. I wonder if the community people ever exercise?

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Sun May 04, 2014 8:27 pm

LOL...you are right they ought to eat bheja as well...they have to resolve all the problems of the people in the community; divorce, property, family and innumerable other issues and not to mention the turmoil, politics and conspiracies they are face within the Qasre Ali too. To solve all these problems they are enveloped with they do need bheja.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon May 05, 2014 3:54 am

According to the Hanafi School of Islamic law, seven things from a Halal and lawfully-slaughtered animal cannot be eaten. The first of these seven items has been emphatically forbidden by a decisive text of the Qur'an, hence it is unlawful (haram) to consume it; whereas consuming the other six items is considered prohibitively disliked (makruh tahrim), because there is no decisive text regarding their prohibition although their prohibitive dislike is proven through non decisive texts. (See: Bada'i al-Sana'i 5/61)

The seven things are as follows:

1) Flowing Blood

The prohibition of consuming blood that flows has been proven through a decisive text of the Qur'an. Allah Most High says in the Qur'an:

'Say, I do not find, in what has been revealed to me anything [out of the cattle under discussion] prohibited for anyone who eats it, unless it be carrion, or blood that pours forth, or flesh of swine – because it is impure – or there be an animal slaughtered sinfully by invoking on it the name of someone other than Allah….' (Surah al-An'am, V: 146)

2) Penis

3) Testicles

4) Vulva (external parts of the female genitalia)

5) Glands

6) Urinary bladder

7) Gall-bladder

Allah Most High says:

'…for he allows them as lawful what is pure and makes unlawful for them filthy things …' (Surat al-A'raf, V: 157)

This verse of Surat al-A'raf signifies that 'filthy things (khaba'ith)' have been prohibited by Allah and His Messenger (Allah bless him & give him peace). The term used in the Qur'an is 'khaba'ith' which refers to things whose consumption would be detested by sound natured people. As such, the Hanafi jurists have ruled that the consumption of the above mentioned six things from a Halal animal is Makruh Tahrim, since they are of the filthy things (khaba'ith) entailed by the verse of the Qur'an.

HOW CAN THESE YAZEEDI SHEZADAS EAT ENTAILS ETC, IF IT IS PROHIBITED IN QURAN. IF THAT IS THE CASE THAN I AM SORRY TO SAY WE ARE FOLLOWING THE WRONG SECT OF ISLAM.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 am

Rebel wrote:It is a sad state that our leaders so called Dai's and family enjoy a lavish life eating tikka, zaban, gurda, kaleji....in Saifee Mahal....I wonder What that Mahal looks as I have never seen it. But, it is a fact that many Jamat members have a protruding belly which indicates that they enjoy lavish food. I wonder if the community people ever exercise?
YES THEY DO EXERCISE IN THE FORM OF MATAAM 24/7! THAT IS EXERCISE FOR THEM.