PLEASE Stand up to salute these heros

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.
Sufi monk

PLEASE Stand up to salute these heros

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am

YesnoMaybe, a channel on YouTube which conducts social experiments, parked a car on the streets of Delhi.

With its windows completely blacked-out, the YesnoMaybe team played the shouts of help from the car to capture the reactions of passers- by.

What happened next has left me feeling completely numb. The only silver lining in this doom-and-gloom were a small group of people who the video aptly dubs as 'heroes'... amongst them a 78-year-old guard...

A rape happens in India every 22 minutes according to government statistics. But activists say the figure is conservative as many rapes go unreported. Tougher laws against sexual assault were enacted last year after the fatal gang-rape of a student on a bus in New Delhi in December 2012 which sparked protests across the country.

However, this video on YouTube shows how little an average Indian on the street cares.

WATCH VIDEO

http://www.ndtv.com/article/offbeat/sha ... -539038?fb

TheLiberatedOne

Re: PLEASE Stand up to salute these heros

Unread post by TheLiberatedOne » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 am

people do care... but due to all the red-tapism involved, they do not want to interfere..... personally, if I was in that position, the first thing I would do is call the cops... but anonymously... once you get involved, you feel as if you are the culprit !!!