Mumbai: Zainee Masjid

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
ISP

Mumbai: Zainee Masjid

Unread post by ISP » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:36 pm

For the past two years Zainee Masjid (Market) which is in very bad condition.
The first and second floor where ladies pray are closed because if more than 10 ladies also pray namaz the floor will come crashing down.
I fail to understand why the kothar is not repairing the masjid for the past 2 years.
The ground floor where gents pray is divded and 1/4th masjid is given to ladies.
Khuda na ghar ni aawi halat sukam rakhi che.
Does any one know the reason why masjid is not being renvovated.

UnhappyBohra

Re: Zainee Masjid

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 pm

ISP wrote:For the past two years Zainee Masjid (Market) which is in very bad condition.
The first and second floor where ladies pray are closed because if more than 10 ladies also pray namaz the floor will come crashing down.
I fail to understand why the kothar is not repairing the masjid for the past 2 years.
The ground floor where gents pray is divded and 1/4th masjid is given to ladies.
Khuda na ghar ni aawi halat sukam rakhi che.
Does any one know the reason why masjid is not being renvovated.
Sorry Lady. Mufs Boy has other priorities...Hunting elephants jetting thru 4 countries in Ramadhan, Building masajid? That's so Burhanuddin Moula Era...

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

khuda nu ghar kiwu bhi hoi, mufaddal naa bunglama saglu barabar howu joiiyee.

and the shameful part is guys like Adam and his alike show up regularly to defend muffy.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 am

where is Zainee masjid?Please give us a small background about this masjid, when was it built, who built it and a little history.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am

think wrote:where is Zainee masjid?Please give us a small background about this masjid, when was it built, who built it and a little history.
Zainee masjid is a popular masjid also know commonly as market ni masjid. It has a multi storey banquet hall which is a very frequent wedding reception venue. It is located near Lohar Chawl/zaveri bazar/mangaldas market (Hence the name market ni masjid I guess)... It is equi-distant from both Marine Lines railway station and CST railway station.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:00 pm

In short the masjid is located in bombay.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm

think wrote:In short the masjid is located in bombay.
there are several masjids in bombay

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 pm

This Masjid is situated in Zaveri Bazar area hence considering its prime location there could be some big plans to develop it commercially. All the leading jewellers like Tribhovandas Bhimji are at a stone's throw away from the Masjid.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:07 am

This Zainee Masjid is prime location of Zaveri Bazar,Abdul rehman st,Nagdevi st,(Hardware market) Its huge masjid.Very nice masjid I have spend most of my early Childhood in this masjid back 40 yrs back they use to be school attched with masjid called Taheri school but they close down and open wedding Banquet.This masjid was build by one seth his qarbar in in masjid entrances 25 yrs backs his children and grand kids rebuilt the masjid along with repair work with their money not a single penny was contribute by kother nor tanzeem committee. their kids and grand kids live in USA & sOME RESIDE IN London.80 & 90 MAULA most often use to come in this masjid for prayer in month of ramzan but it slow down because of traffic .I still miss that Masjid.

think

Re: Mumbai: Zainee Masjid

Unread post by think » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 pm

yes, now that you remind me of taheri school. This masjid I believe is the same one which was one time known as "market ni masjid", if I am not mistaken.
coming back to the question as to why regular maintenance of this beautiful historical masjid is being neglected. Since you mention of its prime location; may be if the masjid property has been wakafed to kothar, and they want to make big bucks by cashing it out. These kotharies have devious minds; snd things may not seem apparant now.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:34 pm

think wrote:yes, now that you remind me of taheri school. This masjid I believe is the same one which was one time known as "market ni masjid", if I am not mistaken.
coming back to the question as to why regular maintenance of this beautiful historical masjid is being neglected. Since you mention of its prime location; may be if the masjid property has been wakafed to kothar, and they want to make big bucks by cashing it out. These kotharies have devious minds; snd things may not seem apparant now.
Yes you are right.its call zainee masjid the name was give when they rebuild masjid before its call market ni masjid. yes in 1990 these masjid was wakafed to kother. its very nice masjid but lack of maintanes work.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:53 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:This Masjid is situated in Zaveri Bazar area hence considering its prime location there could be some big plans to develop it commercially. All the leading jewellers like Tribhovandas Bhimji are at a stone's throw away from the Masjid.
As far as I know, only a masjid can come up in place of a masjid. How can it be sold and developed for commercial purposes ?

think

Unread post by think » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:25 am

A few coins in the right pockets can easily put a twist. Have seen saddar masjid in karachi. once it was a masjid, today there are shops facing the street where once it used to be the main entrance and the main entrance is shoved on the side street. Have also seen places where prime spots at street level were turned all commercial shops and masjid at the top level.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm

DisillusionedDB wrote:As far as I know, only a masjid can come up in place of a masjid. How can it be sold and developed for commercial purposes ?
You are partially right because if scrupulous elements like Kothar want to commercially exploit Masjid properties then they can put it under redevelopment and earmark a lesser space for masjid as compared to the original construction and then they can commercially exploit the remaining space. On second thoughts I don't think that any other commercial venture can ensure the kind of returns that a Masjid does for Kothar, there is no better business like religion !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:On second thoughts I don't think that any other commercial venture can ensure the kind of returns that a Masjid does for Kothar, there is no better business like religion !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You are right .. why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. A masjid means continuous income.

Trueman_786

Unread post by Trueman_786 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Where is the amil?
He has not been spotted in the masjid or his office since months despite being present in the city.

Heard whispers of his split with his wife too.

Can anyone shed more light on this?