Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj passes away.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Hussain_KSA

Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj passes away.

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:03 am

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم.
وبشر الصابرين إذا أصابتهم مصيبة قالو إنا لله و إنا أليه راجعون" صدق الله العظيم."

This is shocking news for all readers that Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj passes away this morning in Udaipur at the age of 98 years. He was teacher of Bohra priest Mohammed Burhanuddin in Jamia Saifia of Surat. Later he was thrown out with four others teacher with humiliation when they tried to bring out truth against the tyrants. He has wrote many books and he was serving the community till his last breath. He was authority on bohra Fiqa and affairs.

My deep condolence to his immidiate family members and people of Udaipur.
Brother Hamsafar, Mr. Saifudding Insaf and members from Udaipur may write some more details about him.

feelgud

Re: Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj passes away.

Unread post by feelgud » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:09 am

إنا لله و إنا أليه راجعون

RAAZ

Unread post by RAAZ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 am

finally he is gone to his destination

HELL!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:57 am

Posted by RAAZ elsewhere
" as per islam its wrong deeds and its haram
IDIOT RAAZ DO YOU KNOW IT IS HARAM TO CURSE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PASSED AWAY. I SUPPOSE YOU DIDNOT LEARN THIS IN YOUR TAHERI SABAK YOU MORON specially he was the teacher of your Subhani Bawa
May Allah give him Jannaha and rest his soul

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Raaz

He was teacher of your Demi God. Your post definately represent that what you have learned from your religious teachers.

How do you know where he will go? He did not do shirk. He did not take part in loot what your leaders are doing. Prima faci, one can say where he will go and at the same time where those will go to whom you worship.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:37 pm

It is not nice to say bad things about some one who has passed on. But at the same time, we shouldn't put them on a much higher pedestal than they deserve. In this case you are giving him the honor of being Aqa Maola's teacher, now how is that possible when he was 98 years old and Aqa Maola is 97 years old?? how could he be his teacher with one year difference in age?? Excessive or less praise for some one both are wrong in their own way.

babu

Unread post by babu » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Dont Use Bad Words for A DEAD Person , and what I think that this was just an information from Hussain that this guy is no more ..... Right ?? So " Topic Closed Yaar "

Now you People Deserve Jamans

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:46 pm

People like RAAZ fully emulate the hypocritical teachings of Burhanuddin and his thugs. Even their teachers and guides are given no respect.

Just wear a white saaya topi, hang a beard down to your belly, pray 3 times a day, and Behold!
You are pure!
(or so RAAZ and his/her kind would have the world believe)

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Originally posted by Safiuddin:
Just wear a white saaya topi, hang a beard down to your belly, pray 3 times a day , and Behold!
You are pure!
(or so RAAZ and his/her kind would have the world believe)
even praying is not reqd..!!

i personally know some spoilt rich young taheris, sons of fat corrupt sheikhs, who have been made 'mulla's', but dont know how to pray even simple namaaz!!!

its money which makes u religious in our community, not yr character, integrity or piety!

RAAZ

Unread post by RAAZ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:49 am

I DON'T THINK I HAVE CRITICIZE HIM OR HIS DEEDS AND EVERYONE HAS TO GO SO HE IS ALSO GONE WHATS THE BIG DEAL.

AND IF YOU CLAIM THAT HE WAS A TEACHER OF HIS HOLINESS THEN PLEASE GIVE SOME EVIDENCE SO WE BELIEVE YOU

RAAZ

Unread post by RAAZ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:50 am

AND I THINK ALL MUSLIM PRAY MR AZ SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:08 am

Zulfukar has to difine the following words:

character,

integrity and

piety.

babu

Unread post by babu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:44 pm

I Will you The Meanings

1. character = the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.

2. integrity = adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

3. piety = reverence for God or devout fulfillment of religious obligations: a prayer full of piety.

:D :D :D

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:05 pm

A female Baboon initiates mating by presenting her swollen rump to the male. But 'presenting' can also be used as a submissive gesture and is observed in males as well. (quoted from Ency)

Now every one should know how GULF got his :D :D :D colorfull back side

babu

Unread post by babu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 pm

No Comments from Mr. Insaph ??

Oh ...... He is busy in " Daal Chawal Palidu" In Udaipur ....

babu

Unread post by babu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:

He was teacher of Bohra priest Mohammed Burhanuddin in Jamia Saifia of Surat.
They were two Brothers , and both were expelled from Al Jamia tus saifiyah.

Mr. Yaqub Ali & Mr. Ahmed ali Rajnagar Wala

and the teacher was " Mr.YAQUB ALI"

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Originally posted by babu:
No Comments from Mr. Insaph ??

Oh ...... He is busy in " Daal Chawal Palidu" In Udaipur ....
I recieved an email today from a person of Udaipur. He wrote that there were sort of differences between Asgar Ali Engineer and Shaikh Ahmed Ali. Both of the them used to avoid each others at any plateform.

The person wrote to me in response of my post on this forum asking comments from Hamsafar and Mr. Insaf.

I am not from Udaipur so I am not aware of the situation but when I called some one to confirm the news. I found it true.

I thing this is the reason that I did not get any response from the senior members of the forum.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:58 pm

May Sheikh Ahmed Ali's soul rest in peace.

He was the last of the four surviving Ustads who were expelled from the Jamiah in the early Seventies. Yes, they were difference of opinion between him and Asghar Ali Engineer. Sheikh sahab being a Jamiah product was cast in a more orthodox mould, and like any other mullah was rigid and set in his way. I think he felt threatened by people like Asgahr Ali who brought a more liberal outlook to Islam and saw it as a challenge to his authority.

However, it must be said that these differences remained a harmless sideshow to the reform movement itself. Also, it must be remembered that Sheikh sahab was the mainstay of the movement in the early years when he gave crucial validity and moral strength to reformists by his very presence.

His contribution to reform movement will be remembered for a long time to come.

babu

Unread post by babu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 am

Originally posted by Humsafar:
May Sheikh Ahmed Ali's soul rest in peace.

He was the last of the four surviving Ustads who were expelled from the Jamiah in the early Seventies. Yes, they were difference of opinion between him and Asghar Ali Engineer. Sheikh sahab being a Jamiah product was cast in a more orthodox mould, and like any other mullah was rigid and set in his way. I think he felt threatened by people like Asgahr Ali who brought a more liberal outlook to Islam and saw it as a challenge to his authority.

However, it must be said that these differences remained a harmless sideshow to the reform movement itself. Also, it must be remembered that Sheikh sahab was the mainstay of the movement in the early years when he gave crucial validity and moral strength to reformists by his very presence.

His contribution to reform movement will be remembered for a long time to come.
Yaar itna lamba bhashan ki zaroorat nahin hain,
Simple si baat hai,
" Dono apni dukaandaari chalaane ki koshish main lage they."

babu

Unread post by babu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:00 am

From Udaipur's Local newspaper

kyon us ki mitti palid kar rahe ho ,

शेख अहमद के निधन पर शोकसभा
उदयपुर, २२ जून (वि.)। दाऊदी बोहरा समाज (बोहरा यूथ) के समाजसेवी और विद्वान शेख अहमद अली, राजनगरवाला के निधन पर बोहरवाड़ी स्थित रसूलपुरा मस्जिद मेें बोहरा यूथ से जुड़े सभी संगठनों ने सामूहिक रूप से शोक सभा का आयोजन कर उन्हें खिराजे-ए- अकीदत पेश की ।

मरहुम शेख ने बोहरा यूथ सुधारवादी आन्दोलन के लिए पहली बार मोयदपुरा मस्जिद में बगैर रजा के सामुहिक नमाज अदा करायी।

शोक सभा में बोहरा यूथ के अध्यक्ष हुसैन उदयपुरी, सचिव लियाकत अमर, डा. जैनब बानू, कमाण्डर मंसूर अली बोहरा, कर्नल सिराजुद्दीन, सालेह मोहम्मद नायब, शब्बीर नासिर, याकूब जहीर, बोहरा यूथ मेडिकल रिलीफ सोसायटी के अध्यक्ष अनीस मियांजी, फहरद मण्डीवाला आदि ने भी विचार रखे।

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:00 am

Gulf,

Please don't ask AZ to define the 3 words
character,

integrity and

piety.

He will just go into a rant against Kothar , does not know anything else

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:41 am

EAWala,

glad to know you are back safe and sound after a long hunting trip with yr sayedna. accidents can happen u know at these events and a stray bullet.... btw, how many innocents did u kill?

when a retarded abdesyedna asks a question like the one asked by yr fellow idiot above, it not only betrays his low IQ of 32, it also amply demonstrates his own lack of integrity, piety or character. akalmand aadmi bewaqoofe se guftagu nahi kartey, esp when that retard has hypocrite friends like you.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:12 pm

" Dono apni dukaandaari chalaane ki koshish main lage they."

sahi kaha aapne babu bhai, ye log to apni chhoti moti dukandaari chala rahe the aur soch baithe the jaise bada teer maar liya ho. Chalo ab apne ruhani bawa ki dukandaari ki baat kareN, jisme asal maiN paisa hai.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:20 pm

मरहुम शेख ने बोहरा यूथ सुधारवादी आन्दोलन के लिए पहली बार मोयदपुरा मस्जिद में बगैर रजा के सामुहिक नमाज अदा करायी।

Translation: The late Shaikh was the first one to lead congregational prayers without raza for reformists in the Moyyadpura masjid.

Kudos to Shaikh sahab for being the first to break the shackles of raza.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:48 pm

May his soul rest in peace.

I am a bit curious about those ustads, who were expelled from jamia. what was the actual reason behind their ouster. I have heard that they were not recognizing syedna saheb as an authority.

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:58 pm

It will be interesting to know why this Ustads got expelled

babu

Unread post by babu » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:
[QB.....I recieved an email today from a person of Udaipur. He wrote that there were sort of differences between Asgar Ali Engineer and Shaikh Ahmed Ali. Both of the them used to avoid each others at any plateform.....I am not from Udaipur so I am not aware of the situation but when I called some one to confirm the news. I found it true..[/QB]
There may be so many reasons
One is " DATE of HAJJ" / Calender.
By reliable source ( KHABRI)

He said once that You people start your Year & Month with Bohri / Misri Calender , even every event you celebrate by it and you perform Hajj with Non Bohris ,( Almost there is a day diffrence between them so he told ppl to go to Arafat by following a Misri Calender .....and that means with.... :)

So Mr. Engineer upset

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:08 am

Shaikh Ahmed Ali s/o Mulla Qurban Husain Rajnagarwala was born on 1st January 1914 and died on 21 June 2008 at the age of 98. He married Sugra bai in 1926 at the age of 12 years on insistence of Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb who also performed their nikah. He has survived by 3 sons Yusuf, Abbas and Luqman and 4 daughters, Shirin, Sakina, Shaher Banoo and Nafeesa.
At the early age he had joined Jamiyah Saifiah – Surat. There he studied and reached to the final degree of “Al-faqihul-Jayyed after he became well-versed in Tafseer, Hikmat, Taweel, Haqiqat and history of Fatemi-Imams.”
Thereafter he was awarded the title of Shaikh by Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb and title of NKD by Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb. He wrote 102 books and several Rasails. He also wrote tafseer of Qura’n in lisane-dawat. It is said that he was one of the five teachers who taught Sayedna Taher Saifuddin.
After the mass revolt in Udaipur in 1973 some undercurrent was developing among teachers of Jamiyah Saifiah and Amils. They were especially perturbed due to the high-handedness of Jamiyah’s rector, Yusuf Najmuddin. Before it could become a serious challenge to the religious establishment, Yusuf Najmuddin thought it fit to curb the dissidents by force and threat. He therefore went to Surat in November 1974, and instigated few ambitious students to violently attack four main teachers of the Jamiyah, Shaikh Hasan Ali, Shaikh Sajjad Husain, Ali Hasan and Shaikh Ahmed Ali. A large crowd of Jamiyah students with the help of local goons went on rampage in the streets of Surat for two days and severely attacked the houses of these Shaikhs and assaulted them and their family members as a result Shaikh Sajjad Husaiin died in the hospital the next day.
Shaikh Ahmed Ali was one of those teachers of Jamiyah who tried hard to apologise and remain in the fold of tyrants. He was made to stand with folded hands for hours on the door steps Saifee Masjid in Surat and was compelled to blow down and walk up to the Amil keeping his shoes on his head. This went on for several days till he decided to leave Surat and come down to Udaipur and remain in reformist fold.
But since he was a Jamiyah product he remained quite conservative in his attitude. He also expected to become the chief pontiff and high command of reformist Bohras. He was against the Bohra women’s participation in the agitations, protest, conference etc. which in fact was the backbone of the movement. Even in reformist fold he went on writing several books expressing his most orthodox and conservative views. He refused to participate in the Youth Camps where several issues regarding observing Parda, Iddat, Misaq and Raza were openly discussed and debated in the light of Quran and the books of Bohra faith.
As for Asghar Ali Engineer is concerned his father, Shaikh Qurban Husain was also a Shaikh of equal status but he was quite liberal in his thoughts. Inspite of all the pressure from Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb on him as his Amil he did best to avoid sending his sons Taherbhai and Asghar Ali to Jamiyah Saifiah for education and instead encouraged them for secular education while imparting true knowledge of Islam, Quran, Hikmat, Taweel, Haqiqat etc. himself at home. As an Amil of late Sayedna Shaikh Qurban Husain remained a failure as he could not exploit Bohras and fulfil his given targets. Asghar Ali was in Bombay staying with his father and brother’s family in Pakmodiya Street in the middle of Bohra locality. He was keenly observing the developments of reforms runs under the umbrella of Pragati Mandal by us under the leadership of Naman Contractor.
Asghar Ali After the outrageous onslaught on innocent Dawoodi Bohra women and too in the presence of Daiz-Zaman at Galiakot in 1973 first Asghar Ali wrote a centre page article “Ferment among Dawoodi Bohras” in Times of India dated 25th August 1974 and then whole-heartedly jumped in to the reform movement and soon started leading it along with Noman Contractor and others. By then he had already established himself as progressive writer and earned his name as social activist. Founding Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community, Ekhwanus-Safa Trust, holding Conferences and Seminar, organising protest march, Youth Camps, Study Circles and regular meetings were all due to his initiative. He was the one who brought support of many eminent citizens from different walks of life and took the cause of reform to almost all major universities in India, U.K., USA, Canada, Germany, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Lebanon and several other countries and frustrate all efforts of powerful Kothar.

Thus joining the reform movement by Shaikh Ahmed Ali Saheb was a matter of Compulsion and Convenience where as for Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer it was a matter of Courage and Commitment.
This deference between them remained till Shaikh Saheb breathed his last.

Zack

Unread post by Zack » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 am

Sadly Reformists never respected The Great Man even after his death, and stupid are those who started this topic to make his soul more in pain by giving others a fair chance to curse the passed away soul.
Kudos! Bohras and reformists.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:35 am

Originally posted by Zack:
Sadly Reformists never respected The Great Man even after his death, and stupid are those who started this topic to make his soul more in pain by giving others a fair chance to curse the passed away soul.
Kudos! Bohras and reformists.
Zack,

I posted this topic just to inform the readers about the sad demise of Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj. My intention was to make reader know about his works and some history related to religion and developments that took place after and before his ouster from the Jamia Saifia. If you go through any thread of this board you will find number of posts which is not related to topic. This is only open board and forum where every one is free to express there views. Not only Bohras but people from other sects of Islam are also expressing themselves unlike the other Dawoodi bohras websites where you can just read.

So what kind of stupidity you find in giving the news of some ones death. It is your perception how you take it.

As far as Taheris are concerned they have already started series of Mails and SMS among themselves congratulating and celebrating over the passing away of Shaikh Ahmed Ali and by calling him bad names, cursing etc. My cousin in a city of Maharashtra got the SMS within two hours of his death and before his burial. He informed me about it and I confirmed the news. Than I posted the news on board to informs the others.

Your comment is meaning less.