Aga Khan Divine or not

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
salim

Aga Khan Divine or not

Unread post by salim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Couple of non-ismaili people on this forms were suggesting that according to ismailis, Aga Khan is divine, all powerful. I have refuted to this claim many times. For ismailis Aga Khan is Allah blessings. But this does not mean he can't do mistakes or he is all powerful.

After looking at the great job that Aga Khan did to restore Humayun's tumb. Indian government requested Aga Khan to take over restoration of Taj Mahal -

Lalit K. Panwar, secretary of tourism said - “I wish Aga Khan Trust for Culture shows restoration interests in this all other World Heritage Sites, especially Taj Mahal in Agra,”

And this is what Aga Khan said in response

"We have learnt to be humble in front of exceptional, historic buildings and would not dare to touch the Taj Mahal. But if it is required, we would be happy to contribute."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 844116.cms

So a person who can't dare to touch Taj Mahal for restoration, how can he be all powerful and how can he have any divinity. On further insisting, Aga khan said, he will talk to the ismaili leaders and will get back to them latter. So please don't force any divinity on him.

asad

Re: Aga Khan Divine or not

Unread post by asad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:42 am

I have very high regard for Aga khan. He has taken his community to a very high standard and he is personally responsible for the uplift of numerous people from his Khoja community. May Allah reward him for all his work in this world and akherat.

This post of Br. Salim has increased Aga khan's value in my eyes many folds.

salim

Re: Aga Khan Divine or not

Unread post by salim » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you Asad for the complements. :)