Qadambosi

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohrikaka

Qadambosi

Unread post by bohrikaka » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 am

Can some one help me understand when was the tradition of Qadambosi started in Islam. Is it permissible for women to do qadambosi of Dai ?

think

Re: Qadambosi

Unread post by think » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 pm

you can ask the pope, you can ask th aga khan, you can ask the whole world this question of stooping so low to a human being is allowed and the answer will be a voiceforous No.
Qadam bossi means stooping your self so low that your head is lower than the feet of the other person. Qadam meaning feet. Who in his right mind will bend down so low and for what?

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 pm

bohrikaka wrote:Can some one help me understand when was the tradition of Qadambosi started in Islam. Is it permissible for women to do qadambosi of Dai ?
Are u planing to do Qadambosi?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

'qadam' means feet, and 'bosi' means kissing.

thus qadam bosi literally = kissing the feet, in this context, of the dai.

if it is permissible to do qadam bosi of dai's feet by non-mehram women, then bohra men should be allowed to do qadam bosi of his zaadi's as well.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 pm

yes it means kissing feet but who kisses? All the abde does is kiss the white socks that the dai is wearing.
Now a days children are taught to kiss the feet of the local amil also. Photo's posted in the past will show that the houston jamaat mullas and sheikhs are kissing the feet of a 15 year old muffi's son and also standing at attention with folded hands on the kids birthday and showering him with expensive gifts and a big cake cutting ceremony. This kiddo is muffi's representative in houston.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm

e
feet of a 15 year old muffi's son
He is Taha and he is Malek Ul CHUSTER's son, Father is looting the community of Vikhroli and Kandevali while Son is doing same in Houston
DONNO HAATON SEY (HERE CHAAR CHHAR HAATON) SEY DUNIYA LOOT RAHE HEIN

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm

SBM wrote:e
He is Taha and he is Malek Ul CHUSTER's son, Father is looting the community of Vikhroli and Kandevali while Son is doing same in Houston
Correction sir, looting is forceful...abdes usually give it willingly...They do not need to loot....it is commerce...give money here and you are paying installments for your heavenly spot ! Willing buyer willing seller.

I have personally observed Bohras brag that they have "donated" so many ziafats, wajebat, najwa...

this is a new marketing ideology of selling that Nike and Coke should pay PhD students to learn...Can you imagine if customers in Walmart did the same !

Supplier of jannat demands payment, people queu literraly fight in the qeue, pay millions, fight, no receipt, no refunds no complaints, no guratentee of spot, next year you can be excommunicated, so take what you can...

Customer kisses feet as good bye...if lucky gets a pat on the shoulder...

now picture the hungry famine refugees how they line up pushing and pulling, screaming for rice or wheat handouts....but in Bohra we are changing the scene that the refugees are doing that to give an envelope of najwa....

in the same scene replace the packet of rice/wheat with ....phoonk, a smile.....Bohris interprete this as packaged akhirat jitilidhi !!!!!!!!!!Moula Moula Moula...tears of love ...grief...sukun....

then brag about it on sms , facebook.....makes others feel unfortunate.....

then on TVRiyadh Bohras see other gher kom Musalman doing the same to Kaaba for 1400 years...Bohras feel vindicated that o to pathar che......hame to Sultan na ghulam che....

How simple and mushable human minds can be...how can we then explain the joy for the feet kisser......impossible...leave the issue as tawil

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:03 pm

think wrote: All the abde does is kiss the white socks that the dai is wearing.
and where are the white socks worn, i mean on whose feet? the dai's. so if you kiss the socks, its as good as kissing his feet!

now lets take this further logically. what if the dai's sock wearing feet are encased in shoes and you kiss those shoes? ergo, the shoes are over the socks which are covering the feet. so you are still kissing the feet, even if you cant touch his skin with your lips!

now imagine that the shoes are coated with metal straps, or have a horse-shoe fitted below its heels, and you get to kiss the metal straps or the ghode ki naal...., see the logic? now let us assume, theoretically, that the shoes are covered in muck or gobar and you get to kiss the gobar.. well that gobar is now divine having been attached to the shoe over the sock covering the feet....

think, brother, you think and analyse too much. give it a rest. stop wavering in your faith towards the dai. kiss all and everything you can get of the dai and kaderbhai mansoos and thank your lucky stars that you atleast managed something which billions of others die for!

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:07 am

lootati hai duniya (bohara) lootne wala chahiye(kothar)

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 am

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies.

I am asking this as Bohras are being made to believe that it was the practice even during the time of Mohammed SAWS. and that even during the event of Ghadir E khum women did qadambosi and more over this is a Fatimid Practice which even the Imams AS endorsed and allowed women for kissing hand and feet.

They are also made to believe that the rule of Mahram and Non Mahram do not apply to Mohamed SAWS and his progeny and also the Dai and his Sons. Dai being the spiritual father.

KM1

Unread post by KM1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 am

Hope malek doesn't file a defamation on u SBM

Yesterday you were criticizing me what proof do u have

rang

Unread post by rang » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 am

Fact of the Matter is that Up till now no one returned after death. And if by chance anyone returns then all the shops will close down their Business.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 am

Aik he saaf mei khrae ho gayae Mahmood our Ayaz. Na koei banda raha , Na koei banda nawaz. All muslims are equal. Qadambosi is ass kissing. Do not bow to any person but Allah. Otherwise you will displease Allah. No if's and buts. Allah doesn't like it, so screw the rest who says or agrees with Qadambosi. I dont justify with anyone saying it was done here or there. I for one is not doing it. If anyone can point to Koran's ayah than I need to see it, understand it and decide it on my own.

Bori85

Unread post by Bori85 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am

seeker110 wrote:Aik he saaf mei khrae ho gayae Mahmood our Ayaz. Na koei banda raha , Na koei banda nawaz. All muslims are equal. Qadambosi is ass kissing. Do not bow to any person but Allah. Otherwise you will displease Allah. No if's and buts. Allah doesn't like it, so screw the rest who says or agrees with Qadambosi. I dont justify with anyone saying it was done here or there. I for one is not doing it. If anyone can point to Koran's ayah than I need to see it, understand it and decide it on my own.
I agree to this, also I don't agree the Bohri's doing salaam to their own parents ( and in-laws in case of ladies) by kissing their "knee", even I used to do that as I was taught to do it since childhood, but since long time now I have stopped doing that way of salaam to my parents, now that doesn't mean that I don't respect them or love them, but I just can't understand why we have to bow down and do the salaam to the "knee".

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 am

Bori85 wrote:-
I agree to this, also I don't agree the Bohri's doing salaam to their own parents ( and in-laws in case of ladies) by kissing their "knee", even I used to do that as I was taught to do it since childhood, but since long time now I have stopped doing that way of salaam to my parents, now that doesn't mean that I don't respect them or love them, but I just can't understand why we have to bow down and do the salaam to the "knee".
Guess its got to do with our Indigenous Indian universal custom of seeking "aashirwaad" or paying your respects by touching the feet of the person concerned. We seldom see it in Arab or other Muslim races and hence there is no religious sanctity about it......not sure though about religious sanction.

Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain

Unread post by Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 am

The term 'Qadambosi' was common in early Muslim culture which is a form of Salaam, which even Arabs and Farsi speaking practise. However they usually do it only for their elders and male to male. Non Mahram do not kiss anyone.

As per Hadith from Daaim ul Islam there is a proper manner of how one should kiss female Mahram. It should be a light peck on forehead.

From what I have heard and recently read in "Sansani Khez Haqaiq" written by Marhum Sheikh Ahmed Ali Raj that this tradition (women kissing Dai) started in the period of 51st STS.

In early days one lady who was student of Mulla Safdar Ali Abde'Ali(Surat) Chanchulia(wife of Mohsin bhai chhunun) refused to kiss his hand for Salaam and as a punishment not only Mulla Safdar Ali was removed from Jamea Saifiyah but was also forced to leave Surat.

I have also heard of the tradition that earlier women use to kiss the Tasbih of Dai as a Salaam and never visited Dai.

This tradition has come a long way and now standing for hours in caged-Broiler chicken in coop like condition, pushing by non Mahram Ghundas of BGI Burhani Guards international, groping and fully felt up by the guards and those near Dai in case stampede happens is common. And not only Dai but even those sent as Sahebe Dawat and relative of Dai are kissed on hand and knees for heavenly Barakaat.In Behtak of the Dai, Kothar, and Ghundas of BGI enjoy fully with women. To kiss on the hand of Syedna is superior to Haj and each community member is forced for this ibadat.

Considering only Dai is "Kal Masoom", a fake creed coined by a sycophant Mulla Luqmanji, for worldly benefits, I wonder, how wet these guys(Qasre Aali and Sahebe Dawats) must be getting down there on being kissed by thousands of ladies for hours.