The return of the prodigal

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

The return of the prodigal

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:24 am

Dear Friends,

It pains me to see the sad state of this forum, which if left unchecked will suffer an agonizing, slow and painful death.

I personally owe an immense debt of gratitude to this forum from where I have derived a lot of knowledge, made dozens of lasting friendships and have made some modest contributions to converting many previously fanatical believers into healthy skeptics.

I have been requested time and again to return and write here. My condition is I would like to see the old stalwarts return and make this forum hum again with life, become a thorn in the side of the crooks who preside over the otherwise peaceful and wonderfully warm and hospitable bohra community and who have made every attempt to turn them into a rabid brainless mob of banshees.

I am presently travelling so might not be returning in full force, time being a major constraint, but am issuing this as a notice to all to rise out of your complacency and start kicking some butt again. Said butts being of the fat cats who are thriving on the loot and exploitation of the bohra community.

Humsafar

Re: The return of the prodigal

Unread post by Humsafar » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:23 am

Welcome back Prodigal :-) Your return is timely, this Forum is in dire need of a resuscitation. I hope other Prodigals too will follow suit and and help shake up things. I'll also make time to contribute. I suggest we cut down on our social media consumption and spare 10-15 minutes daily for this Forum, for this cause. That's not asking for much. We all need to chip in. Looking forward.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:29 pm

Thanks very much Humsafar!
I have sent out a personal appeal to the old veterans to return and rain fire and brimstone once again on the haramkhor clergy. Our combined efforts in the past resulted in them imposing a blackout on muffy moron's illegal hunting activities, banning his ziyafat news, restricting access to jamaat websites, hiding his foreign tafreeh trips, threatening abdes with baraat if they post photos of his kufr and ayyashi etc.

Let's pick up our pens again, dip them in poison and make their life hell, expose their shirk and exploitation of bohras.

It's not too much to ask. Jo Tamara dil ma valvalo hoi, to zalzalo dekharo.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Welcome back Al Zulfiqar. This forum has been gradually receding into oblivion.
We need to examine some of the reasons for it and we will find why the stalwarts have slid out of it.
My observation is that the level of intellectual and factual input by the current slate of contributors
is void of 'thosh' viewpoints, grasp of subject matter, deviation from topics to the point of 'winning'
points on trivial details.

Al Zulfiqar: don't forget your signature colour 'green'!

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:35 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:29 pm Thanks very much Humsafar!
I have sent out a personal appeal to the old veterans to return and rain fire and brimstone once again on the haramkhor clergy. Our combined efforts in the past resulted in them imposing a blackout on muffy moron's illegal hunting activities, banning his ziyafat news, restricting access to jamaat websites, hiding his foreign tafreeh trips, threatening abdes with baraat if they post photos of his kufr and ayyashi etc.

Let's pick up our pens again, dip them in poison and make their life hell, expose their shirk and exploitation of bohras.

It's not too much to ask. Jo Tamara dil ma valvalo hoi, to zalzalo dekharo.
what is the use of this?
they go on doing as before, only it doesnt come out.
it is still dangerous that new generation will not know about real happening and think that it is all made up.as it is new generation is already fanatical what with large numbers stduying in MSB school
before atleast everybody knew when it surfaced online and ppl can make thier own choices based on that

Sheikh Ali sadiq

Unread post by Sheikh Ali sadiq » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:42 pm

MSB schools are popping up almost in all cities and all the kids studying there are turning out zombies

very dangerous situation I must say

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:27 am

This forum, and the Progressive Movement is, sadly, in serious and terminal decline. Please see the previous discussion on this, which was held while AZ was meditating his gufra.

viewtopic.php?t=11529

Now, we are overrun by viral infections of infinitely multiplying IDs. The problem now is that no one actually visits this forum, except for old-timers out of pure nostalgia, and hence it's reach is really minor. It does not have to be that way, but perhaps this is merely an indication of that fact that all that needs to be said has been said, and it is time to move on.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:29 am

Biradar,
I agree the forum has been over run by mutating viruses and infested vermin. But that was bound to happen when the intelligence quotient has fallen to such abysmal depths in the absence of the thought leaders. It encourages the worms to crawl out of the woodwork.

This forum is the only voice of freedom still echoing in the wilderness. Maybe now reduced to a plaintive mewl, but having the capacity to roar back into fierceness if we all put our collective shoulders to the wheel. For a lot of old timers this forum lost it's appeal, writing long missives seems a chore in comparison to the short sharp Morse code of whatsapp. Add to that the debates of the lowest common denominator levels and participating here in inane repetitive arguments appears a waste of time. But it's upto us to raise the bar of discourse. Here we have a permanency of our contributions, a rich archive for our posterity.

In any case, my thrust has always been brutal criticism of the evil establishment, irreverent digs at those white clad shaitans who pretend they are so lofty and holier-than-thou above all human creatures. I will continue in that vein, reducing these molas, zaadas and their hired muscles, the amils, into pitiable laughable caricatures.

Human_KW

Unread post by Human_KW » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 am

Last edited by Human_KW on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:44 pm

With apologies, to Human_KW's post is a glaring example of the infantile lack of understanding that his post should be under another topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter under discussion here.
Brother AZ; this is one of many such posts that have resulted in the stalwarts easing out of PDF.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:48 pm

Advice to Human_KW. Please pay up, participate fully to get your money's worth and Ramadhan Mubarak to you.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:39 pm

Brother Mkenya,

I have not seen Human's post, probably it has been deleted, so I don't know what to comment.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Brother AZ: Human's post was a rant about Kuwait Jamaat's ever increasing wajebaaat plus additional dues to be levied for fadhila raato.
Furthermore, all to be paid in full before the start of the holy month.

My reference to that post was that it was completely out to left field. A glaring example of the ignorance of the poster. It simply did not belong in the topic under discussion, and Achilles Heel in the disillusioned posters who have left.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:06 am

I am glad that atleast some debate has been sparked between some old stalwarts at my prompting. Whether it is on the definition of self-consciousness or the ultimate goal of the Quran and Islam, a healthy debate is most welcome.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Welcome AZ
only if we can get back Aqs, Bohra, Nalwala, Biradar, Porus and Hussain KSA, and then we can have a robust discussion. I am sure after Kothari Goons saw you comin back, they may have ask Adam to take back his old job again
Of course not to forget our Sisters who had great intellectual contribution, hopefully they will be back too

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:33 pm

And not to forget GM too

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:53 am

Bro SBM,
I Met Bro GM twice last month during my travels. I have made a personal appeal to him to return. He has promised to consider. He remains busy with his family spread over 3 different cities + his business.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 am

Bro SBM,
I Met Bro GM twice last month during my travels. I have made a personal appeal to him to return. He has promised to consider. He remains busy with his family spread over 3 different cities + his business.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 pm

ASA Bro's/Prodigal's

So what are we waiting for. Let's start..
I miss GM posts all while for very long huh 20 years..offcourse everyone's.

Can someone throw more light on Riyadh Amils & Jammati's Arrest and his release. Was it only related to markaz issue haramkhori and Mutawwa ban's or was it beyond that any serious monetary offence 🤔 ?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm

alivasan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 pm ASA Bro's/Prodigal's

Can someone throw more light on Riyadh Amils & Jammati's Arrest and his release. Was it only related to markaz issue haramkhori and Mutawwa ban's or was it beyond that any serious monetary offence 🤔 ?
They were arrested for Money Laundering and were given 8 year sentence, they were released after serving 7 years under general amnesty by Saudi King which is a tradition after Ramadan (as per one of our trusted member from this group)

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Thu May 26, 2022 9:31 am

SBM wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm
alivasan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 pm ASA Bro's/Prodigal's

They were arrested for Money Laundering and were given 8 year sentence, they were released after serving 7 years under general amnesty by Saudi King which is a tradition after Ramadan (as per one of our trusted member from this group)
Yes, even in dubai they released some prisoners after Ramadan. This was in news.. But, very disgusting Shameful act of Jammat..highly disappointed as this also mean suspicion for entire community by Saudi authorities. Once deported they will not be able to enter ksa again.