Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:39 pm

What is a fact is that in the 50 years SMB never said a word in public about nass on anyone. There is no disputing this. Why not? I am not sure but it is possible he felt he had plenty of time and did not consider his own mortality. He was an insane megalomaniac and perhaps really did feel he would live forever. The first and most important duty of a da’i is to ensure clear succession. Bohra history is full of schisms. The fact that SMB failed in this key duty shows that he was not a capable da’i, and in fact was in it only to make himself and his parasite family richer. Which he did, spectacularly.
Exactly right. The other reason he never declared Nass on anyone was he knew his family better than anyone else and hence he didn't trust anyone not to poison him or stab him in the back once declared a successor. I mean, the apple wouldn't fall far from the tree now, would it?

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:22 pm

When billions of dollars are involved, nothing is beyond possibility.

In fact, SKQ himself said that one reason why SMB did not openly declare the nass was the "swords would be drawn". Also, SKQ claimed that there were three attempts on his life. I have seen bomb squads sweeping the masjid and qiblra for potential bombs. Shows the depravity of the community "leaders" and their families, who despite taking the name of Imam Hussain (AS), behave like Abu Sufyan and his kids. Hence, my new moniker for them is "Ibn Abu Sufyan".

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Biradar wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:22 pm When billions of dollars are involved, nothing is beyond possibility.

In fact, SKQ himself said that one reason why SMB did not openly declare the nass was the "swords would be drawn". Also, SKQ claimed that there were three attempts on his life. I have seen bomb squads sweeping the masjid and qiblra for potential bombs. Shows the depravity of the community "leaders" and their families, who despite taking the name of Imam Hussain (AS), behave like Abu Sufyan and his kids. Hence, my new moniker for them is "Ibn Abu Sufyan".
I think there was a bomb blast in SMB's car while it was parked outside the STS roza. SMB had gone inside to pay his respect while the blast happened. I don't remember much details such as date of the event or who else was in the car with SMB etc.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:59 pm

Here is the final part of the plea made by SKQ (and carried over by STF) to the Mumbai court. Before I present it below, a few comments:
  • The FD side has agreed not to file any other suite anywhere on the Earth till this Mumbai case is over. Apparently, they tried to file something in Utah (god knows why). Also, the FD case in Gujrat was halted till this Mumbai case is over.
  • The whole case, seems to me, relies on the court granting point (a) below. If it does not, then I think FD suite is toast. Maybe they will refile to obtain access to properties, but the whole list below appears like it relies on the court accepting the FD claim that SKQ was the rightfully appointed 53rd da'i al-mutlaq
  • When this whole mess is over, it would be good to go over all the documents and data submitted to the court. It seems thousands and thousands of pages of documents, DVDs, translations, recordings etc were submitted. I would love to read the whole transcriptions of the Q/A of all witnesses from both sides. Once the case is over and these materials are available, I will try and summarize all this. But it may take a lot of time!
Here is the plea of SKQ:

a) that this Hon'ble Court be pleased to declare the Plaintiff was appointed as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community and that he is entitled to succeed as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community;

(b) this Hon'ble Court be pleased to further order and declare that Plaintiff being the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community is entitled to administer control and manage all the properties and assets of the Dawoodi Bohra Community including and not limited to community's wakfs and trusts, and assets / properties which have been presently usurped by the Defendant;

(c) that the Defendant be ordered and directed to `handover to the plaintiff possession of the various movable properties which are more particularly described in Exhibit "SSS" hereto, which has been usurped by Defendant upon the death of the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq;

(d) that the Defendant be restrained by a permanent order and injunction from in any manner holding himself out as or doing any acts, deeds or things as the Dai al- Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community;

(e) that the Defendant by himself, his servants and agents be restrained by a permanent order and injunction form in any manner preventing or obstructing the Plaintiff from carrying out his duties as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq or in any manner threatening or taking any steps against members of the Community who believe in the Plaintiff;

(f) that the Defendant, his servants and agents be restrained by a permanent order and injunction from in any manner preventing the Plaintiff from entering and using Saify Mahal situate at A. G. Bell Road, Malabar Hill, Mumbai 400 006, which houses the official office-cum- residence of the Dai al-Mutlaq;

(g) that the Defendant, his servants and agents be restrained by a permanent order and injunction from in any manner preventing the Plaintiff from entering and using Saifee Masjid, Raudat Tahera and all other Dawoodi Bohra Community properties (such as mosques, Dar ul-Imarats, Community halls, mausoleums, schools, colleges, hospital, maternity homes, musafirkhanas, cemeteries, offices etc.) more particularly described at Exhibit "TTT" hereto to conduct audiences, prayers, sermons, etc.;

(h) that the Defendant, his servants and agents be restrained by a permanent order and injunction from in any manner using, selling, destroying, interfering with or exercising any rights over the Dawoodi Bohra Community's wakfs and trusts, and assets/properties to which the Dai-al-Mutlaq is entitled by virtue of his office;

(i) that the Defendant be directed to furnish to the Plaintiff complete particulars of the assets/properties to which the Dai-al-Mutlaq is entitled by virtue of his office, including database of all the Dawoodi Bohra Community members (e-jamaat ITS database) and hand over such assets / properties to the Plaintiff;

(j) that the Defendant be ordered and directed to furnish to the Plaintiff complete particulars of the funds and assets / properties of the trusts, wakfs and assets/ properties associated with the office of Dai al-Mutlaq utilised or disposed off or dealt with by him, or under his direction or acquiescence since 4th June 2011 and bring back and deliver such funds and assets/properties to the Plaintiff;

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:15 am

Biradar wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:24 am D-C-P: I have evaluated the academic achievements of the SKQ kids. Obviously you do not know me, but I have a modicum of understanding of these matters. As to academics, only Tahera has anything of genuine substance to show. None of the younger bothers are that good, and, frankly, their output is very mediocre.

The field of Islamic studies is vast, of course, But Ismaili studies is not the most complicated thing in the world and these guys have access to the textual resources that few people have. Even then, their output is so-so and hardly much to boast about. You will notice that none of them (including Tahera) have tackled the genuinely difficult topic of trying to explain the complex philosophical system of the Ismaili/Tayebi taweel or haqaqiq. I do not think that they have the philosophical preparation to do so anyway. Of this I am certain. The training of these folks is very narrow. They learn this stuff in a devout way, without understanding the deeper connection to the larger Islamic world or the Greek systems it came from. Also, their religious position itself prevents them from doing it: they think the Ismaili system is unique and divine (it is not) and that if they study it in the way a true academic would study it they would be undermining their faith.

I know of many, many academics in the Islamic studies field who have made far greater contributions. None of them claims to be “mazoon” or “mukasir” and expects million-strong community to kiss their backsides and give them vast amounts of wealth!

In any case, Islamic studies is not rocket science. Literally! In the hierarchy of academic and human endeavors it is pretty low on the totem pole.

As to the succession case: do not hope to hear anything new after the case is decided. If there was anything that indicated that nass had occurred on SKQ, they would have immediately produced it. For example, say a letter from STS to SMB instructing him to do the nass on SKQ. We would know about it. Now, I think that nass did occur on SKQ. But there is no proof besides his word. There is no written document or other concrete evidence. The evening that SMB died. Don’t you think if there was a letter or any physical evidence SKQ would have produced it in the first bayaan he that night? The case was not even in the horizon yet and a simple letter from STS would have totally changed the game, specially if produced so early on.

What is a fact is that in the 50 years SMB never said a word in public about nass on anyone. There is no disputing this. Why not? I am not sure but it is possible he felt he had plenty of time and did not consider his own mortality. He was an insane megalomaniac and perhaps really did feel he would live forever. The first and most important duty of a da’i is to ensure clear succession. Bohra history is full of schisms. The fact that SMB failed in this key duty shows that he was not a capable da’i, and in fact was in it only to make himself and his parasite family richer. Which he did, spectacularly.

We will see what happens. I do not expect any amazing new revelations. What may help the FD is that the coward Muffy never showed up in the court. He only had 13 witnesses from his side. They are not taking this seriously. Perhaps they are confident that whatever they have is enough. And it is possible that SMB changed his mind in the end. The final events in the London hospital are not clearly explained yet. We shall see, but it is unlikely that there is some amazing new secret that is unknown that will emerge and change people’s mind.

BTW: I have a feeling that Muffy himself is a victim in this drama. He was not in the hospital when the so-called nass was done. It is possible he himself is being fooled into believing that nass occurred on him. That is why he did not take a stance in court. Under oath he would have to tell the truth that he was not in the hospital and that he only heard it from his family members. He also has been recorded as making the claim that once his dad told him he did nass, but now he does not remember the day or event! Not a good witness to put on the stand. Further, he is a genuinely stupid guy and would be unable to hold it under cross-examiniation. So I guess Muffy’s stupidity and cowardice may still ruin him. We will see!
Very good article well written, However just on this topic of succession an old lady i met recently and we got involved in the discussion of SMS and SMB. Now we are talking reverse gear back in time of STS earlier 60's, were there was no para-pari of people and STS was easy access to common people. In the presence of this lady STS mentioned to her "Do you want to see 53th Dai ? and he pointed it out to SKQ who was present along with SMS who was Mazoon then.
This lady is in late late eighties now with prefect mental health, so i mentioned why are you sitting here in this corner of the world and NOT saying anything, and yet you gave Mishaaq to SMS. She said i am poor and old who will listen to me or if i did mention anything they will create trouble for my family these people are Gundaas, i just want to die peacefully.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:17 am

THATS THE THING EVERY ONE WANTS PEACE IN THEIR LIFE AND NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT BECAUSE INSIDE WE ALL KNOW ONLY LOSER WILL BE PUBLIC AND THESE PEOPLE WILL LIVE LAVISH LIFE NO MATTER WHO IS DAI.

I DONT BLAME OLD LADY TO NOT TO SPEAK

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:07 pm

allbird wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:15 am In the presence of this lady STS mentioned to her "Do you want to see 53th Dai ? and he pointed it out to SKQ who was present along with SMS who was Mazoon then.
I am sure STS wanted SKQ to be the 53rd da'i. This is clear from many things. He may also have told SMB to do nass on him, which SMB did right after his father passed away. I am also sure many people knew, perhaps indirectly, that nass had occurred on SKQ. I am sure the mukasir of SMB knew it. Hence, when the laeen Yusuf Najmudin (LA) played his long-game, he first attacked Saleh bhaisaheb. He could not do anything directly against the mazoon and so proceeded indirectly through his minions. I am sure many people in YN's (LA) circle were pressuring SMB to remove SKQ from mazoon's position. How could SMB do that? He has already done nass on SKQ and further, he was following his father's wishes.

However, SMB's reign lasted 50 years. He may have changed his mind, or felt he was not bound by promises he made to his father. Also, I am now almost certain there is no written document from STS instructing SMB to do nass on SKQ. If there was, it would have appeared already. So it all boils down to who one trusts. Sadly, as both sides are totally corrupt and money hungry, people go by convenience. Why risk one's neck when there is no principled persons anywhere in sight?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:27 pm

a) that this Hon'ble Court be pleased to declare the Plaintiff was appointed as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community and that he is entitled to succeed as the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community;

(b) this Hon'ble Court be pleased to further order and declare that Plaintiff being the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community is entitled to administer control and manage all the properties and assets of the Dawoodi Bohra Community including and not limited to community's wakfs and trusts, and assets / properties which have been presently usurped by the Defendant;
This is what a true Dai would've claimed.

b) this Hon'ble Court be pleased to further order and declare that Plaintiff being the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community is entitled to administer control and manage all the affairs of the Bohras related to their life in the here and hereafter and ensure that they are able to follow Islamic principles as per the instructions of the True Imam and not an impostor who might end up leading them to hell instead of heaven.

But NOOOO who cares about Bohras life in the here and the hereafter, I need the property!!!

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 pm

anajmi wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:27 pm b) this Hon'ble Court be pleased to further order and declare that Plaintiff being the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohra Community is entitled to administer control and manage all the affairs of the Bohras related to their life in the here and hereafter and ensure that they are able to follow Islamic principles as per the instructions of the True Imam and not an impostor who might end up leading them to hell instead of heaven.

But NOOOO who cares about Bohras life in the here and the hereafter, I need the property!!!
Properties are source of an endless stream of income. Imagine the endless revenue for the guy who control's the dawaat purse! Plus, audiences are big revenue source too.

Muffy has used his body to earn at 4x or 40x the rate than his father: two hands, two feet and < 2 secs with each person. At least, SBM would spend a few minutes talking to individuals and only used his right hand. Now there is simultaneous zoom meetings and so the possibilities are endless. I mean, foolish people like you and me are working like donkeys to earn a living. Meanwhile, this man is using his body to earn billions. It reminds me of another profession in which bodies are used to earn money. No need to name it!

Also, given the developments in the recent years, I am convinced that the mullahs of Bohras do not believe there is either a hell or heaven. They want to enjoy the here-and-now. They are all imposters on the path to hell. Anyway, where is the "true" imam hiding? I mean, isn't it time for him to grow a pair and come out? Or maybe he does not exist! Now I will be attacked but I am yet to see any compelling reason that a real imam would remain cowering in the corner for a 1000 years! Wars, pestilences, con-men and other disasters have befallen humanity, yet this guy is hiding in fear of god knows what.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:38 pm

Also, given the developments in the recent years, I am convinced that the mullahs of Bohras do not believe there is either a hell or heaven.

^^^^

this is true observation, most bohra Amil dont talk about jannat or jhannam and acts like its all here only. I too have observe it.

PS - Imam A.S has bigger mission and he is will reveal himself when the time will come, bohra world is too small for any one concern. coming of Imam A.S is in all shia and sunni sahi hadith, denying such authentic hadith is work of mushriq only.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm

PS - Imam A.S has bigger mission and he is will reveal himself when the time will come, bohra world is too small for any one concern. coming of Imam A.S is in all shia and sunni sahi hadith, denying such authentic hadith is work of mushriq only.
I agree with that. A million Bohras who are willingly enslaved, do not matter in the big picture of Islam, except in their own eyes. The Imam, when he arrives, probably will have Bohras very low on his list of priorities. There are others who are genuinely suffering. Bohras are enjoying their jamans and their deedars and their Muharram jalsas. I seriously doubt the Imam is going to show up because Biradar and anajmi want him to.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:43 pm

Perhaps the Imam did show up but was given a fat stipend and asked to disappear rather than upset the cash cow of MBS.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:04 am

anajmi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm
I agree with that. A million Bohras who are willingly enslaved, do not matter in the big picture of Islam, except in their own eyes. The Imam, when he arrives, probably will have Bohras very low on his list of priorities. There are others who are genuinely suffering. Bohras are enjoying their jamans and their deedars and their Muharram jalsas. I seriously doubt the Imam is going to show up because Biradar and anajmi want him to.
Bohra are nothing in real world, no matter how important they think they are.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:25 am

Mkenya wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:43 pm Perhaps the Imam did show up but was given a fat stipend and asked to disappear rather than upset the cash cow of MBS.
your imagination and thinking level is too small to speak about Imam A.S

Big picture of Islam and geopolitics is too big

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:07 am

Latest update: On 6 September 2022, the Hon’ble Justice Gautam Patel passed an order noting that the cross-examination of the Defendant’s witnesses has concluded and listed the matter on 17, 18, and 19 October 2022 to pass Orders on objections, marking of documents in evidence, and other matters.

The Hon’ble Justice Gautam Patel has set dates for the final arguments in the suit, which shall commence from 28 November 2022 and continue on a day-to-day basis.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Why is extortion rising in the Dawoodi Bohra Community?
In 1965 when the 51st Dai (the religious head) expired, there were said to be 10 lakh(1million) Dawoodi Bohras.
Since then the World’s population has grown by 2.5 times. So, by natural growth, the Bohras should have been 25 lakh
(2.5 million).
But presently there are only 6 lakh (600 thousands) official I,d card holding Bohras today.
Where have the 19 lakh Bohras gone? Most probably Drifted away, considering the state of the community. The population of the community has been reduced to 25% of what it should have been. This has happened in the last 50 years. This means that the Dawoodi Bohra community has a half life of 25 years.
On the other hand the family of the Dai, (Currently the 53rd Dai or the religious head/leader of the community is Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin) which was less than 100, considering the sons and daughters of the 51st Dai called Qasre Aali (family of pure) has grown by leaps and bounds. They don’t have to work to earn, so can afford to breed like rabbits.
This so called ‘Royal’ family, the Qasre Aali now numbers more than 2500. Of this the inner circle, the Baite Zaini, number a few hundreds.
So the host population is decreasing and the parasite population is increasing. No wonder they have to think of new schemes of extorting money.
How long do you think this is sustainable?
Money is their lifeline and who controls the source? WE, the common Dawoodi Bohras!
The present situation in our community has led to introspection and disillusionment about our faith. It has been replaced by blatant extortion. It is no longer about deen(faith), but is a money game. Anything goes if money exchanges hands.
It's time to boycott the so called religious leader like Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin and his parasite family,
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:59 am

Fatema Yamani wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:05 pm Why is extortion rising in the Dawoodi Bohra Community?
In 1965 when the 51st Dai (the religious head) expired, there were said to be 10 lakh(1million) Dawoodi Bohras.
Since then the World’s population has grown by 2.5 times. So, by natural growth, the Bohras should have been 25 lakh
(2.5 million).
But presently there are only 6 lakh (600 thousands) official I,d card holding Bohras today.
Where have the 19 lakh Bohras gone? Most probably Drifted away, considering the state of the community. The population of the community has been reduced to 25% of what it should have been. This has happened in the last 50 years. This means that the Dawoodi Bohra community has a half life of 25 years.
On the other hand the family of the Dai, (Currently the 53rd Dai or the religious head/leader of the community is Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin) which was less than 100, considering the sons and daughters of the 51st Dai called Qasre Aali (family of pure) has grown by leaps and bounds. They don’t have to work to earn, so can afford to breed like rabbits.
This so called ‘Royal’ family, the Qasre Aali now numbers more than 2500. Of this the inner circle, the Baite Zaini, number a few hundreds.
So the host population is decreasing and the parasite population is increasing. No wonder they have to think of new schemes of extorting money.
How long do you think this is sustainable?
Money is their lifeline and who controls the source? WE, the common Dawoodi Bohras!
The present situation in our community has led to introspection and disillusionment about our faith. It has been replaced by blatant extortion. It is no longer about deen(faith), but is a money game. Anything goes if money exchanges hands.
It's time to boycott the so called religious leader like Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin and his parasite family,
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Well written article .... i though we have 1.2 million bohra population worldwide. one think for sure the craze behind royal family has increase four folds. Especially women folks are under total control of these royal family through which they control men and children's. They tried negotiations with me which they failed badly, guess what next they tried, approached my in-laws threaten them with boycott if your damaad doesn't come to the table, through them the pressure was exerted to my wife and resulting in big fight with my spouse and disturbance in my family which affects the kids too and then they won the battle.

Didn't Iblis the satan tried this technique with Moulatena Hawah AS and then trick Hazrat Adam AS.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am

some body wrote on FB

family should understand that the only beneficiary in such cases is kothar, husband and wife should never fight for them. they don't care about the people they are keeping them just like cows to get milk (money in this case)

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:11 am

Fatema Yamani wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am some body wrote on FB

family should understand that the only beneficiary in such cases is kothar, husband and wife should never fight for them. they don't care about the people they are keeping them just like cows to get milk (money in this case)
Yes kothar is the modern day Iblis ni touli

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:26 am

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/510078/

got this legal document online

which says

Dai-ul-Mutlaq, assuming that he had been properly elected as such, had the power to excommunicate, in spite of the decision of their Lordships of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in Hasan Ali v. Mansoor Ali (1). He also supported the provisions of the impugned Act on the ground that they were in furtherance of public order.

elected?

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:05 am

Does anyone has information about saifee Mahal, i heard along the grapevine its in the process of vacating ? Is it true or just rumours

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:42 am

Saifi Mahal is symbolic and if that has to be vacant then it will be a great blow to MS

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:31 am

So who's winning?

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Looks like Mummy’s Boy is here again

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:34 am

Since TS knows there is slim chance of getting any dawoodi bohra to join his commnuity/cult. he is now trying to attract new members with guided tours to his newly built masjid and roza.

https://www.mazaar-e-qutbi.org/guided-tours/

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:50 am

Heard new chief justice of India is a good man and pro people. Hope he closes few cases honestly.

shabbir5253

Unread post by shabbir5253 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 am

"The trial in the matter is now complete and it is ready for final hearing"

After 8 long years the case is finally coming to an end. Final arguments start on 28th of November and continue every day until 23rd of Dec.

Judge G.S.Patel will have special sessions only for this case. He says no adjournment or extension possible. This is it.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.32.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.33.jpg

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:04 am

finally some fire works expected, will be interesting to see how MS followers reacts if their leader losses .

After Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the claimant to the highest religious post in the Dawoodi Bohra community, passed away in the US on Thursday, it has emerged that firecrackers were burst in Bhendi Bazaar and at a boarding school in Surat, much to the chagrin of the community. It is not clear where Khuzaima Qutbuddin, who died at 76, will be laid to rest, even as there has been no comments from Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin: Qutbuddin’s nephew against whom he was fighting a court battle for the title of Syedna.

SHAMEFUL ACT
Community members said that a video, and pictures, of people bursting crackers after news of Qutbuddin’s death came in were circulated on WhatsApp, even as scores of people rushed to his official residence in Thane and prayed for his soul along with his second son Abdeali Qutbuddin, who had stayed back for the mourners. “Those celebrating Khuzaima Qutbuddin’s death should be ashamed. They should not forget that he was the second-in-command of the community for nearly 50 years, when his brother Mohammad Burhanuddin was the Syedna,” Saifuddin Insaf from the group called the ‘Progressive Dawoodi Bohra Community’ said. Condemning the bursting of crackers, a resident of Bhendi Bazaar said, “We are a peace-loving community and a few people by doing such things to spoil the community’s image.”

LEGAL BATTLE TO CONTINUE
Meanwhile, a statement issued on behalf of Khuzaima Qutbuddin’s family has sparked a debate about the status of the succession battle in the Bombay High Court. The statement read, “Syedna Qutbuddin has left in our midst his successor, his shehzada to whom Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin gave the name Taher, the mubarak name of Syedna Taher Saifuddin.” Indicating that Taher Fakhruddin was likely to continue the legal battle for the title of Syedna, the statement said, “Syedna Abu Khuzaima Taher Fakhruddin is the 54th Dai al-Mutlaq and the representative of Imamuz-Zaman Tayyibul-Asri wal-Awaan.

The succession of Du’aat Mutlaqeen continues. A maula has passed, a maula remains.” The legal fraternity was divided on the point whether Taher Fakhruddin can continue to challenge Mufaddal’s appointment as the Syedna. Senior advocate Iqbal Chagla, who was conducting Qutbuddin’s crossexamination on behalf of Mufaddal last year, said, “This is not a regular suit wherein a heir is seeking succession to a person’s estate. It was a succession in the title. When the plaintiff’s (Khuzaima) title itself hasn’t been proven, how can he pass on the title to someone?”

Senior advocate Darius Khambata, who is not connected with the case, echoed the view expressed by Chagla. “This is a derivative title. Qutbuddin’s son will have to first prove that the Nass was actually conferred upon Qutbuddin, and that he was indeed the 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq, after which it will have to be shown that Qutbuddin conferred the Nass on his son.” Senior advocate Ravi Kadam, representing Qutbuddin in the succession battle in the HC, refused to comment, even as senior advocate Rafique Dada – who again has no connection with the case – seemed positive on the aspect. “The law is not just law, it’s also justice. The son can always say that Qutbuddin was the actual Syedna, and he had a right to confer the title on him. Whether the title is ‘inheritable’, the court will have to decide," he said.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:07 pm

shabbir5253 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 am "The trial in the matter is now complete and it is ready for final hearing"

After 8 long years the case is finally coming to an end. Final arguments start on 28th of November and continue every day until 23rd of Dec.

Judge G.S.Patel will have special sessions only for this case. He says no adjournment or extension possible. This is it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.32.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.33.jpg

The full document please in case it is publicly available. Thanks