Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mustafazr

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by mustafazr » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:37 pm

Court orders are publicly available on Bombay High Court website.
dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:07 pm
shabbir5253 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 am "The trial in the matter is now complete and it is ready for final hearing"

After 8 long years the case is finally coming to an end. Final arguments start on 28th of November and continue every day until 23rd of Dec.

Judge G.S.Patel will have special sessions only for this case. He says no adjournment or extension possible. This is it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.32.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 13.17.33.jpg

The full document please in case it is publicly available. Thanks

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Let me bring attention again to my previous posts on this matter, starting here: https://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/vi ... 65#p183765.

We are only 8 days or so from the final hearings and it will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Given what I see of the incredible fanaticism amongst the Muffy (aka Ibn Abu Sufyan) Bohras for their dharm guru, I hardly think the outcome of this case will matter. Perhaps it will cause some ruckus for a few months or weeks but then things will be back to normal: one set will be busy grubbing money and power and the other set craving money and power. It is almost like the Sith! One to wield the power and one to crave it :)

Somewhat curious that while Muffy Dawaat people were running around like headless chickens on the birthday of SMB (and the pseudo-birthday of Muffy, LA), STF did not even show up to the majlis of SMB's birthday (at least the public one) and sent his youngest brother. He did not even appear for the mawlid of the Prophet. Of course, he did not miss his own birthday yesterday! Maybe there is some haqiqat in this. I do not know.

In any case, once the final outcome of the case is decided it will be interesting to go over the documents that will be made public. Perhaps it will shed some light on the inner workings of the world occupied by the mullahs and their families.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:01 pm

Will the final arguments be covered publicly, or, they will also be "restricted", and we will know things only after the judgement is made?

Will the judgement, and all the material after that, even be publicly available??

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 am

TF again drags MS in his birthday bash waez

calls him dramebaaz (drama karwa walo) :lol:

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:20 am

Khidmat in Syedna Qutbuddin's Era
In the two years since Syedna Burhanuddin’s wafaat in 2014, Maulana Taher has been in charge of Syedna Qutbuddin’s Fatemi Dawat’s administration in the United States, and has regularly led namaaz and conducted majlis in his home in Bakersfield, California,

TF holds big property in California but buried his father in India.

India is a land of religious fools and this is the only land where you can fool the masses to get their money and buy more properties in US and Canada.

this formula goes in many small communities in India.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:03 am

Whether we are fools or not, we have to trust STF and SMS. Should we not?

They fight but we pay their costs.

Let us wait for the Judgement on December 24.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:16 am

yfm wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:03 am Whether we are fools or not, we have to trust STF and SMS. Should we not?

They fight but we pay their costs.

Let us wait for the Judgement on December 24.
The final arguments will end on December 23rd. I wonder when the judge will publicly announce the judgement.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:29 am

BUSHRA! Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin TUS proclaims Nass upon Shahzada Aali Qadr Mufaddal Bhaisaheb Saifuddin Saheb TUS
Posted on June 5, 2011 by DBNet Editor (ap)
BUSHRA!
Last night (Eve of 4th Rajab), on the Urs Mubarak of Syedna Nur Mohammed Nuruddin (RA), Huzurala (TUS) conferred Nass on Shz Ali Qadr Syedi Mufaddal Bs Saifuddin TUS. He addressed the Shahzada Sahebs and said “Bismillahir Rahmannir Rahim. Mein Dawat na rutba ma Bhai Mufaddal ne qaim karuchu, mara baad”.
The witnesses to the Nass were Shz Idris bs Badruddin, Shz Qusai bs Vajihuddin, Shz Ammar bs Jamaluddin DM and Dr Moiz bs. The three Shz Saheb’s went to Bonham House and informed Shz Aali Qadr Syedi Mufaddal bs Saifuddin Saheb TUS. Then Shz Aali Qadr TUS and Shz Qaidjoher bs Ezzuddin DM went to the hospital.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is what I have from DBNet. Four people are mentioned as witnesses and, Muffadal bhaisaheb and QJ BS are the other two witnesses. And they spoke at masjid's several times that allegedly SMB did the nass.

The observation occurs to me that NONE of these 6 people came before the judge as a witness. They were okay with speaking in the house of Allah (a masjid) but are not willing to come and say the same thing under oath in a wordly court of law!! Something just to think about.

And why was Abdulqadar BS, who gave a speech describing the nass of June 4th saying he was there all the time, NOT mentioned as a witness?

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:22 am

Thats because if they had fear of Allah they would have done tauba long back.

But they fear jail time more so refrain from courts.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:48 am

I want taher to win this case not because I think he is dai or some thing. I know they are chota chor too.

but I really want mufaddali gang and all his followers ni charbi zara oochi thai ane dimaag thikaane aawe

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:52 am

Fatema Yamani wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 am TF again drags MS in his birthday bash waez

calls him dramebaaz (drama karwa walo) :lol:
Without a doubt he(DMBs) is Dramebaaz , I would also call him Nautankibaaz ..
He claims himself dai..but did not do one single moharram waaz when he was holed in khandala during covid..
DMBS : Dawedaar Mufaddal Bhai Saheb
Attachments
VID-20220808-WA0006.mp4
(12.88 MiB) Downloaded 160 times

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:49 am

yes MS is dramebaaz we all know that, but taher was also hiding in his posh property in US.

so better write your signature for both of them.

DMBS : Dawedaar Mufaddal/Taher Bhai Saheb

sorry if I hurt your sentiments, I know you need leaders and these are your leaders, but they have broken too many levels of decency that they can't be given any titles anymore, yes they can remain community leaders but one should not seek any salvation under their leadership.

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:37 pm

Last edited by Moiz_Dhaanu on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 pm

if we go by material proof as per the law, clearly TF is winning the case with the letter and other proofs.

it will be interesting to know what fanatics of Muffy does when their leader is proven liar in courts. :lol:

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:19 am

Fatema Yamani wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 pm if we go by material proof as per the law, clearly TF is winning the case with the letter and other proofs.

it will be interesting to know what fanatics of Muffy does when their leader is proven liar in courts. :lol:
Could you please explain to me (other layman bohras) what material proofs have you see up until now?

I am not knowledgeable enough in Bohra theology to know whether "you spoke with the taeed of Imam-u-zaman" means you are the dai-in-waiting? And is that universally agreed up on, and will the courts "buy it" and will the community accept it?

And what other proofs? I have seen people bow to bhai-sahebs and other folks. Is there a difference (if so, what is it) between sajda and other form of bowing?

I am still hoping that some other proof is also there, just that the newspaper is not allowed to mention it while the case is going on.

Anybody else knowledgeable in the above can also answer. Thanks.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:24 am

Also, there was a court case called the "Saifee Mahal court case" that SKQ supposedly had won. What was the judgment in the same, and is it publicly available?

Finally, long back (at the start of the case), somebody had put (on this thread) a list of some of the documents submitted. Can somebody provide an easy link in case they, have it? In it was "Malabar Hill tenant Association" document and other things. What would be the value of such a submission? Does it have any info that may help this case?

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:04 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:19 am
Fatema Yamani wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 pm if we go by material proof as per the law, clearly TF is winning the case with the letter and other proofs.

Could you please explain to me (other layman bohras) what material proofs have you see up until now?

I am not knowledgeable enough in Bohra theology to know whether "you spoke with the taeed of Imam-u-zaman" means you are the dai-in-waiting? And is that universally agreed up on, and will the courts "buy it" and will the community accept it?

And what other proofs? I have seen people bow to bhai-sahebs and other folks. Is there a difference (if so, what is it) between sajda and other form of bowing?

I am still hoping that some other proof is also there, just that the newspaper is not allowed to mention it while the case is going on.

Anybody else knowledgeable in the above can also answer. Thanks.
read the links posted above

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:07 am

1 TF has a letter which is a material to prove some thing, MS has nothing so far
2 Khuzaima was mazoon for 40 years and courts knows this is a position hold by the next dai
3 MS never appeared to the court which clearly shows he lacks knowledge or truth to appear in court
5 judges are not fools they can clearly read between the lines
6 if they work independently and don't get pressured by BJP they will clearly give judgment in TF favour

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:32 pm

These hearings are a farce. From the few days of final hearings and news reports it is clear that the FD side has no real actionable evidence. It is all about interpreting some things that STS said or SMB did or said. There is no letter or document that states that nass was done on SKQ. That does not mean that nass was not done on SKQ, but that we only have his words to go by. Personally, I think SMB did nass on SKQ in private, as SKQ claims, and told him not to reveal it to anyone. But clearly, if what they say in court is true, many people knew or believed that SKQ would be the successor. So SMB could have made the nass public without any really harm as the "secret" was already known, according to FD, to many people already.

However, the rule of SMB was long and it is not clear if he changed his mind towards the end of his life. This claim that "talwaroo chalse" can't really hold up to scrutiny either: consider SMB openly declaring his successor. The people would immediately follow and revere that person (like they did with Muffy) and so any harm to him would be hard to pull off. Also, in the early years of SMB there was genuine love between SKQ and Muffy and his other brothers. So that would be the time for SMB to act. He failed to do so, and hence failed in his primary duty as a da'i, i.e. to appoint his successor clearly and unambiguously so as avoid a schism.

After the stroke SKQ could not have done anything as then there really would be a danger to him as vast majority of people had accepted Muffy already, who lost no time in taking complete control of the dawaat. Even access to SMB was totally controlled and no one could approach him without the permission of the conspirators. So the time to do anything was long past, and SKQ could only wait and watch. And I am pretty certain that very early after the hospital drama even his kids were not aware of his claims.

I am now certain that SMB must have changed his mind in the end, but could not pull it off. He may have mentioned to some people that he intends to do nass on Muffy but then the stroke hit him and he could not do it in the public manner he likely wanted to do. His kids panicked that SMB would pass away soon, and so pulled the stunt in the hospital. Then they forced SMB to come to Bombay and put him through the horrific spectacle we saw in Raudat Tahera. I did a very careful audio analysis via software of the recordings and there is no evidence SMB said anything about appointing Muffy. Dr Moiz (LA) was basically making up whatever he wanted to continue with the game they had started in London. In the following years the children and brothers of SMB harassed him, parading him like a mannequin, with his mouth stuffed with dentures, so they could obtain legitimacy. The sight was truly pathetic and sad to see. But Muffy did not care. He is a buffoon and a fanatic and wanted his father's presence to solidify his own claims.

The question if nass can be changed is a complicated one. I am not convinced that the nass on a da'i is like that of Imams. In fact, even during the times of the Fatimid Imams there were confusion on who was the next Imam, and often it appeared one son was to succeed, but another ended up becoming the next Imam. This is all well-recorded, specially in the biography of Ustad Juzer, for example, and in other well-attested episodes.

Overall, the harsh reality is that FD people have no concrete, actionable proof "beyond reasonable doubt" that would acceptable in a court of law. They claim that SKQ's word is such proof, which is perhaps true, but it won't hold up in court. If a letter from STS, in which he instructed SMB to appointed SKQ as 53rd da'i existed, then we would have know about it by now. This would have effectively put an end to Muffy's rule. Such a letter does not exist. Perhaps STS was wise not to commit such things to writing, hoping that SMB would follow his oral instructions. Hence, I am not so sure about the outcome of the case. The FD argument is flimsy and circumstantial. If the Muffy people make a fool of themselves in contradicting themselves or are caught lying then the matter will be different. But at present, things look grim for FD.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:07 am

Point TF is trying to put in the court is very clear :

"once nass done it can't be changed"

so if MB did nass on KQ in private or public it can't be changed, no matter if KQ is hit by stroke or something else.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:43 am

The court doesn't work that way, law works on the basis of evidence, proof and witnesses. If he said this and you are saying that, then this type of arguments are dealt by an arbitrator not a full blown court. This case will be dismissed due to lack of evidence and will go in favor of MS.
With friends in high places and powerful boutique lawyers MS is circumventing the globe Bali, Dubai, sri lanka and now bags are packed heading towards Australia the forbidden continent via Singapore.

TB and his clan is rendered useless, most of the clan people will / may shift towards MS with maffi naama in their palms to reap benefits of 5 star mazhars and Dargahs under control of dawat-e-hadiyah.

Only and Only if TF pulls a last minute surprise and provides a game changer, whilst MS will enjoy and roam around like a FREE BIRD because he is SO CONFIDENT that victory belong to him aka Fatah-Mubin.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:03 pm

I think the hearings are proving very damming to the FD people. For example, from the above article:

"The counsel informed the bench that as per the statement of Syedna Qutbuddin, he had been called to the private chamber of the 52nd Dai on December 10, 1965, wherein he was told that he would be named the maazoon (second in command) later in the day during a sermon in Saifee Masjid. The 52nd Dai had then bestowed on him a ring which belonged to the 51st Dai. This act, according to Syedna Qutbuddin, was sufficient for him to assume that he was going to be the successor."

I do not know if this is an incomplete or incorrect transcript of what was said in the court. Because SKQ explicitly said that SMB told him in explicit and unambiguous words that he (SMB) was appointing SKQ as his successor. In the above news article it seems that SKQ was assuming that he would be the successor as he was given the ring. If now FD people are saying that all this was based on the gift of a ring, then I am not sure that they have much to stand on, I am afraid.

However, Muffy's statement that two male witnesses are needed is actually false. There is no such requirement in appointing successors as far as I can tell. If I was Muffy's lawyer I would keep hitting the FD people and pointing out that their claim is completely based on misunderstanding of various acts of SMB and his brothers and children. However, as Muffy is an uncouth barbarian he makes such unforced errors. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe it was a good tactic that Muffy did not take the stand: he would have made himself appear like the total moron is he is and blown his chances of winning. As they say, when you know nothing and people suspect you are an idiot it's best to stay quiet so as not to confirm it!

As to the concept that nass can't be changed. First, one must show that the nass was done in an unambiguous and explicit manner (presence of any other witnesses is irrelevant). In this case it seems we can't establish that, as even FD people are saying as per the above article that there was no explicit designation in words only a gift of a ring. However, even if that was established (i.e. explicit designation in secret) I am still not sure nass can't be changed in the case of a da'i. History is replete with examples in which there was great uncertainty in who the successor of a imam was, sometimes created by the imam himself. The situation of nass of the da'is is even less theologically certain: after all, the present series of da'i al-mutlaq was initiated in Yemen and did not exist prior to that time. Hence, there is no reason why this chain has the same theological position as that of the Imams, specially when there is ambiguity in the nass even there.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:07 pm

we are just spectators and we have nothing to lose or gain from this case

but for me, it will be fun to see mufaddalis crying with tears and going crazy if their master Muffy loses. I might even do a firework show to celebrate it. :) 8)

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:59 pm

More from Hindustan Times on this farce:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/m ... 4-amp.html

It is funny that this Mudar fellow and Muffy's lawyer states that "as the issue of the Imamate of the fifth, sixth and seventh Imams was a sensitive one, they would not be pressing on it." What is sensitive about it? The Bohra/Ismaili stand is completely unambiguous and published in many, many places. So what is Muffy worried about? Does he secretly believe that Musa Kazim was the imam? To be honest, Muffy people are such fools that I would not be surprised that they lose this case just from sheer incompetence.

As to the question of nass: the FD people are conflating two things here. The nass of Imams and the nass of da'is. These are two different things. The presence of an Imam, either manifest or hidden, is a part of the Ismaili faith. However, the da'i al-mutlaq position as we know it now was only established after the martyrdom of Imam Aamir, and the seclusion of Imam Tayib. Before that there were no such permanent positions. Many da'is existed during the time of the Imams and there is no reason why the original vision of establishing the chain of duat mutlaqeen was to have it a permanence or importance it has now. This was likely a later development when the da'is realized that the imam had vanished, perhaps permanently.

To be honest, this question of nass being revocable or not is a complex one and enough justifications can be made for either position. The understanding of many ulema on this during the events around the nass of S. Abdulqadir Najmuddin was that there is no need for such a thing in the case of the da'i al-mutlaq, and that the community may be put into a self-governance situation also without violation of the fundamental creed.

However, my own view from studying the texts is that probably the understanding that developed in the later Yemen phase (during the time of the 19th da'i al-mutlaq) and then the Indian phase was that the position of the da'i was like that of the imam during the latter's seclusion. However, if the nass can be revoked or not is not clear and I do not know any case when this has happened. In fact, once SKQ made the statement that once a person is declared a mansoos, then that person can also designate this successor while the present da'i is still alive.

Anyway, it is still too early to predict what will happen but it seems to me that FD people are on the underdog position in this case and will likely loose.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:09 pm

Another day, another claim from Muffy people:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/m ... 2-amp.html

Here they are defending the position that the nass can be changed. To be honest, I am not sure what the correct position is here, though it seems logical that the nass can't be changed if one believes that it was performed by the inspiration of the imam. If the nass can be changed then the whole succession of duat mutlaqeen falls apart because it would be then evident that one can never be sure if a da'i really is the proper successor, and perhaps his predecessor changed his mind but died before he could announce it.

Further, it would also mean that the da'i made a mistake the first time in such an important decision and so is not infallible, as the bohras also like to claim. I mean, if the da'i can make such a huge mistake as picking the wrong man for the job, and keep him in the position for 50 years before changing his mind at the last moment, it would also mean that the da'i is capable of making many other serious errors also. This would mean that everything the da'i says is now subject to doubt, and should not be relied upon as he may have made a mistake.

However that may be, there is no recorded instance in history where the da'i has changed his mind about his successor. If there was, then this question would be trivial to resolve. Obviously, there is no such instance. I also recall, incidentally, that the present Alavi da'i Hatim Zakiuddin said that nass can't be changed and is permanent and final. He also said that a da'i can choose his successor and his successor's successor and this is binding on the successor. In fact, it happened in the present situation for Alavis as their previous da'i also instructed Hatim Zakiuddin to appoint Sa'eed al-Khayr as the next da'i. So in all instances it seems that Muffy is making crap up.

In fact, consider if Muffy appoints one of his chokras (boys) as the next so-called da'i. Why would anyone trust this appointment? I mean, it is possible that chokra would get rid of his father as quickly as possible to make sure he does not change his mind!

So, collecting the stupid things Muffy is saying till now:
  • The question of the nass on some of the Imams is "sensitive" and should not be discussed
  • The da'i can and has made very serious mistakes and so is not to be relied upon for anything at all
  • Nass needs two male witnesses (lol)
This list will grow, but really Muffy bohras are being led by a buffoon of the highest order. I mean, FD people have no real tangible proof, but Muffy is just making mincemeat of the Bohra doctrines! I guess he does not care. As long as the supply of envelops stuffed with money continues, he is happy. I have yet to see a more greedy and money grubbing man as Muffy! So just making up crap is par for the game for him, I guess.

Fatema Yamani

Unread post by Fatema Yamani » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 am

if nass can be changed number of times then there is nothing spiritual in it. bohras (muffy and taheri both ) should start buying tissue papers to start crying that they are following a whole wrong dai all these time. :lol: