Ismaili LOL

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Nobigotry

Re: Ismaili LOL

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:31 pm

Also interesting that Mosses should refer to "Your" Lord - surely it should be "Our" or "The"

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:42 pm

Br. Pardesi
AS
"... The quran makes it pretty clear, as per your own interpretation, prayers are to be performed 5 times a day,..."
Suras and Ayas on Namamz/Salat times have been discussed many tiems on this board. Simple google serch will give you enough info. on Islamic Salat which is performed by Muslims of all persuations.
Ismailis have inveneted new ways of prayer and therfore they have taken out of Islam.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Pardesi,

Wahhabis have honed (I almost added to perfection but only Allah is perfect)the art of ducking the issue when firm proof of their viewpoint is non-existent so now you are invited to Google! Google as much as you like you will not find it in the Quran.

If indeed there is any quranic injunction then we need to put it into a proper timeframe. From the hadith I quoted it is clear there had been no wahee at the time of the Miraj (incidently a very interesting article on it here http://www.geocities.com/abusamad/). Thanks to Umar's sterling work the Quran is not in chronological order but one can safely assume that the injunction to pray at both ends of day and early hours of the night was already in force. Does anyone have any evidence anecdotal or empirical about how the Prophet brought the new injunction into force?

I do believe that 5 times is the Sunnah of the prophet not a Quranic injunction and despite protestations to the contrary the sunnah has been subjected to change in other respects so why not in relation to prayers?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:55 pm

I am posting some discussions that we've had before about this topic.
anajmi
Prolific
Member # 228

posted June 06, 2007 02:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an English translation (God save me from the wrath of porus) letter written by Hazrat Ali as recorded in the Nahjul Balagha

Lead the Zuhr prayer till the shadow of a wall becomes equal to the height of the wall, the Asr prayers can be performed till the sun is still bright and enough time of the day is left for a person to cover a distance of six miles. The Maghrib prayers should be performed when people break their fasts and when Hajj pilgrims return from Arafat. And the time for Ice prayers is when the red glow of the even twilight disappears from the West, till one-third of the night is still left. The morning prayers are to be performed when there appears enough light of the dawn for a man to recognize the face of his companion.

While leading the prayers make them so short that the weakest among you may not feel tired to follow you and his strength and patience may not be over strained.

http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/letters/ ... m#letter52]http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/letters/ ... m#letter52]http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/letters/ ... m#letter52[/URL][/url]

Disclaimer - This is a translation, so do not believe it. The original may be talking about prayers that are not needed or that it is ok if you don't pray 5 times a day or that each prayer actually refers to the Dai, the hidden Imam, and others.
porus
Prolific
Member # 332

posted June 06, 2007 01:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correction

Five Prayers according to Daaimul Islam

This is how Daaimul-Islam treats the subject of the five daily prayers with specific reference to the two ayats of the Quran (17:78 and 11:114)

17:78

Keep up (Establish) prayers when the sun begins its journey towards its setting until the darkness of night; and at dawn of the Quran. Dawn of the Quran is being witnessed.

11:114 (first part only)

And keep up the prayers at the edge of the day and at the arrival of the night.

17:78 refers to three prayer times.

1. When the sun starts its journey. (This is zawaal, zenith, or the zuhr prayer)
2. When it is dark of the night, (This is the Ishaa prayer)
3. At dawn, when Quran recommends recitation of Quran. (This is the fajr prayer). Imam Jafar al-Sadiq interprets ‘witnessing’ as witnessing by angels.

11:14 adds a prayer at the edge of the day (asr) and another at the approach of the night (maghrib)

So it is established that in the Quran there are five prayers and the last part of the ayat 4:103 commands that these five prayers are mandatory (fard).

Daaimul-Islam refers to fard prayers involving 17 rakaats in total as mandatory (zuhr (4), asr (4) maghrib (3) Ishaa (4) and (fajr (2)).
porus
Prolific
Member # 332

posted June 06, 2007 11:03 AM
accountability,

You don't "read" (iqraa)namaaz, you 'stand up' (aqim)for it. Then perform ruku and sujood. All these are mentioned in the Quran. So is, zakaat, jihad and fasting. You will need to educate yourself a little bit more about the Quran.

Zakaat is not a tax as that word is commonly understood. It is strongly recommended by Quran.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:01 pm

Originally posted by pardesi:
quoted by Anajmi

"......praying as commanded by Allah."

and

"... The quran makes it pretty clear, as per your own interpretation, prayers are to be performed 5 times a day,..."

Anjmi,

Good to have you back. How was vacation? Hope the glitch is cleared up by now. Where did you go, Saudi?

In my quest to learn and understand Quran, I have yet to come across the above quote. Could you please quote the Surah and Ayat numbers so I could clear my misconceptions and in return fetch you some sawab.
Pardesi, they are committing "blasphemy" here. calling the hadiths as the word of Allah. I have yet to hear where in the quran it is prescribed for Salat to be recited 5 times a day. You will wait till kingdom come. You will no doubt hear some creative ways to reach "5 times". But i can provide where in the Quran it says " 3 times". i have said this before, i challenge to be presented a Quranic ayat prescribing 5 times.
If they were to follow hadiths to a "T" then they would be guzzling down camel milk and urine. Ask them if they have done so lately. Hypocrites. Someone has lived in a Judeo-Christian country for 40 years and the best he can do is to denigrate the people who welcomed him. talk about biting the hand that feeds him. He would gladly accept a handout and cheat the government because he can justify it by saying, it is "jaiz" to cheat a kaffir. They enjoy all the freedoms and niceties offered by their adopted western countries which they would be just a dream in their countries of birth. What else can one expect from them? Someone who can insult the Holy Prophet and his progeny. nothing is past them.
Ask them where they would retire? they just cant wait to collect old age pensions. And yet they would not flinch when it comes to harming the people of their adopted homes.
I speak to a Miyabhai in Toronto regularly. He looks like the sterotypical Jihadi. No moustach with a 3.5" beard. He shows his parents he is their martyr apparent. once he is out of the confines of Thorncliffe, he indulges in all the vices!! He just hates them. He cant wait for his parents to die so he can be liberated!! i am not making it up. His own words.
He relates all the "niceties" of this Thorncliffe inhabitants. He too was approached by the 17 Canadian losers who were plotting to behead the canadian PM!! Imagine. He turned some of them in. Good for him. One day we canadians will be rid of all this scum. Wind are a changing.....The losers who make a mockery of Isalm are a reality but they too will get their just desserts. Just look and read at their tendencies on this Forum.....Murderous. All in the name of Islam!! anyway, we have to respect the Bohras on this board, this is their forum, we should not be hijacking (no pun intended) it. We will respect the wishes of the Admin who have repeatedly told us to restrain ourselves. But dont hold your breath. It is subject to change anytime. It is usually when the pangs of "low-self esteem" hits them. when they feel inadequate at their homes, they lash out. I know their type. i handle them everyday.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:36 pm

Originally posted by Nobigotry:
Pardesi,

Wahhabis have honed (I almost added to perfection but only Allah is perfect)the art of ducking the issue when firm proof of their viewpoint is non-existent so now you are invited to Google! Google as much as you like you will not find it in the Quran.

If indeed there is any quranic injunction then we need to put it into a proper timeframe. From the hadith I quoted it is clear there had been no wahee at the time of the Miraj (incidently a very interesting article on it here http://www.geocities.com/abusamad/). Thanks to Umar's sterling work the Quran is not in chronological order but one can safely assume that the injunction to pray at both ends of day and early hours of the night was already in force. Does anyone have any evidence anecdotal or empirical about how the Prophet brought the new injunction into force?

I do believe that 5 times is the Sunnah of the prophet not a Quranic injunction and despite protestations to the contrary the sunnah has been subjected to change in other respects so why not in relation to prayers?
There you go. 3 times only. END of story.
They can refute till kingdom come and pray 500 times a day, and it wouldnt matter.

Al-Isra
Establish worship at the going down of the sun until the dark of night, and (the recital of) the Qur'an at dawn. Lo! (the recital of) the Qur'an at dawn is ever witnessed. (78)

Hud
Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! good deeds annul ill-deeds. This is reminder for the mindful. (114)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:20 pm

st0necol
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:17 am Post subject: Sins committed by Not-So-Religious

I heard Abu Aly Waiz in which he was discussing the sins done without any intention and sins done deliberately. He told of a incident where Imam was taking up a mehmani where a murid came and asked for forgiveness of his sins, Imam replied you're humans and humans do commit sins. He said it again and again Imam's answer was same. Third time he said it again and then Imam said look (there was a child near and he had a handkerchief in his hands. Imam took the handkerchief and told that murid when you commit a sin which you're not aware of that it's a sin I ignore those sins and don't punish you. But when you do any sin deliberately knowing that it's not good then I punish you for it .-------
-------------------

I thought I was right.

MHI is Allah and he can punish or forgive sins of his Murids.

Only allah can forgive Muslims sins.

haseebsiddique

Unread post by haseebsiddique » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:16 pm

very Hilarious,
I guess these 'Ismaili Morons' are going to break all past records of jokes on 'Poles' and 'Blondes' :D

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Originally posted by Muslim-First Nephew:
very Hilarious,
I guess these 'Ismaili Morons' are going to break all past records of jokes on 'Poles' and 'Blondes' :D
Or Stupid Wahhabis :D :D :D

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:23 pm

baqi

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:54 am Post subject: Damn!

My birthday was on the 12th December and Hazar Imam's today! I wish I was born on the 13th December. Damn. Just my luck
------
And
zubair_mahamood

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 am Post subject: Re: Damn!

Boy are Imailis have sound mind?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 pm

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=2553

Hazar Imam enters the hall… louder and louder Salwats, he has his Jubilee robe, he is smiling, walking slowly, looking each Murid present, and giving blessings. Our Madagascar Jamat is truly an Imani Jamat and innocent also. No malice, no bureaucracy, no 32 camera spying on the Jamat in the Didar hall [Like they did in Nairobi]. The atmosphere is serene, peace. We forget for a moment we are on planet earth, everything looks different, the Light of the Imam is overwhelming , some start crying. Imam-e Zaman, Noor Mowlana Shah Karim al Husayni, 49th Imam in direct descent of Hazrat Ali ascended with majesty to his throne. We saw the Imam and all our sins were forgiven on that day. To look at Ali is Ibadah and Ali is sitting in front of us.
-------

the Light of the Imam is overwhelming

What do you expect? He is White and rest are Brown and Black.

Wow:

This is Islam. Just look at MHI and sins are forgiven.

Wow.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:34 am

So was my previous post a pointer to the true version of Islam?