Poverty in Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohraji

Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by bohraji » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 am

Salaam to all.
I am writing this after a reading a few posts from abdes and also after my own observation.
For those who think that poverty does not exist in our community, then they are extremely wrong.I do not blame them as they beleive only what they see and poverty is not spoken about amongst the young at all. There are many prosperous towns and villages and cities where the abdes reside and since all around them are well off ,all think the same.Yes there may be an odd widow or two or a few poor families in such towns in Rajasthan or MP and the rich families take care of them.These same people go to the various ziarats outside India and are mesmerised and come back with a firm conviction there are no poor bohras.These same people go to the ziarat places in India and stay at the almost resort like facilities and are sheilded away from the poverty stricken families .
This is the conviction of the mainstream.I will now just take an example of just one city,Ahmedabad.
This blessed place is streaming with visitors all year round.They do the ziayarats and move off after seeing the wonder full all marble masouleums,landscaped grave yards and the wonderful musafir khaana not to mention the fakhera jaman.
Now just besides the Qutbi Mazaar are two societies,there are people who are not so lucky however they are few.Nearby there is kalopur where there are numerous families making ends meet. There are widows with children,old people with no income ,sick with no money to buy medicines.There are many such families in ahmedabad who are not able to have two meals a day and yes they are all abdes.I think it is only here that there are Bohris who ride ricshaws for a living .There are hundres who sell wares on stands on the streets called pathara.
The late Ehsan Jaffri had sugessted to the jamaat to build a mall like structure so that small shops could be made and given to these very people.They would require tiny shops as a few hundred rupees a day is sufficient for them.But these things never happen.The poor gentleman was cut to pieces and attained matyrdom.Yes there are some charity organisations that help a few but that is not enough.Only if the youth or the zavvaars knew of the poverty here,they would perhaps think twice before stuffing fat envelopes to the bhai sahebs.There are bright students who cannot study further ,widows ,small children who live in dirty conditions.
It is my request to post pictures of the lavish lifestyle in Saifee Mahal.I was shocked to read in one of the posts yesterday that there are taps of gold and dining chairs of silver!
We need the youngsters to recognise this.I have been nowhere near the Mahal,so please someone who has the pics of the private rooms please post the pics.
Perhaps the conscience of even one will awaken.

SBM

Re: Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 am

Bohraji
We had an entire thread about this topic
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... hra#p63630

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Bohraji

A sad insight of our community.

Can we provide a short summary of needy family with a simple contact detail and those willing to help will contact the families directly. If it is advisable.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 am

humanbeing wrote:Hi Bohraji

A sad insight of our community.

Can we provide a short summary of needy family with a simple contact detail and those willing to help will contact the families directly. If it is advisable.
Br, HB]
I have done that in past by going thru Khidmatguzars who post those during the month of Ramadan and some times in between on Yahoo Message Board, they have provided me with their contact information directly and I had made arrangements with my relatives and contact to provide them with necessary medications or food or tuition assistance but NO CASH. Only in two cases I found that they were frauds and were looking to buy a flats in Mumbai by asking for cash so you have to do due-diligence. there are frauds in every community but indeed many are worth helping. I am fortunate enough to put couple of Bohra students thru college and Mashallah they are now productive members of the community.
Last edited by SBM on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:08 am

Mashallah SBM, May Allah reward you with the choiciest of blessings.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks Bohraji
And that is all we ask Allah's blessing in helping. I was one of the unfortunate who went thru abject poverty and now Allah has given me the resources to help others I will continue doing so Inshallah. I always believe it is not me who is helping people but Allah is doing thru me and many others. During my time of need, I received help from Non Bohra Muslims while Kothari Goons caused death of my dear mother by not providing any assistance ( Chaabri Bazar Clinc in Punjab Mahal in Bhendi Bazar, a killing Machine, all they gave was Phook nu Paani and no medications)

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 am

Dear Human Being,
I can get you details later on of some families as I dont live in Ahmedabad.
However you can start with an old couple who live at or near the mazaar of Moulai Adam Saaheb near the 10 Acres Mall.This lady is a Bohra and her husband rides a rickshaw or something .They are old and the lady accepts anything that you give .She is usually sitting at the steps.I think the lady is married to a non bohra muslim.Another is an old bohra gentleman,who wears a bohri topi.He has a small cart selling a few things and he also doubles up as a waiter sometimes at the Bera samosa shop.He stands outside the Bera samosa shop (the one besides Bera Bakery) with his cart near the Mother Teresa square.
Plus you will find many at Kalopur .
Jazakallah

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Bohraji, thank you for bringing this to light. These reports once again contrasts the misery and poverty among Bohras against the extravagant and high life of the illegitimate and parasitic "royal family". Notice, how the abdes are absent from this thread. What matters to them is the urgent and earth-shattering issue of how we will identify the Imam who many never come. What is wrong with these sheeple (sheep+people)?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm

bohraji wrote:Dear Human Being,
I can get you details later on of some families as I dont live in Ahmedabad.
However you can start with an old couple who live at or near the mazaar of Moulai Adam Saaheb near the 10 Acres Mall.This lady is a Bohra and her husband rides a rickshaw or something .They are old and the lady accepts anything that you give .She is usually sitting at the steps.I think the lady is married to a non bohra muslim.Another is an old bohra gentleman,who wears a bohri topi.He has a small cart selling a few things and he also doubles up as a waiter sometimes at the Bera samosa shop.He stands outside the Bera samosa shop (the one besides Bera Bakery) with his cart near the Mother Teresa square.
Plus you will find many at Kalopur .
Jazakallah
Bohraji
Can you provide me more information about this couple thru PM and I will have Zakat Foundation of India take care of it. ZFI is one of the most wonderful organization and by giving them the contribution and providing the information for recipients they personally go and assess the situation and take care of of people, Also Asghar Vasanwala based in California works with an organization who also help people like that, please PM me their contact information and Inshallah there needs will be met

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Bohraji, good post. Unfortunately this is not an isolated case. Poverty among bohras is rampant. In a tiny community like ours, we should be able to cater to the needs of less fortunate. But philathropy is non existent in our community right now. Jamat at every level discourages it. I have seen bohras begging in front of Raudat Tahira. There are bohras living in miserable conditions in mumbai, despite our commuinty being owner of prime lands in mumbai. Previously philathropists like Adamji Peerbhoy used to do for our poor brothers and sisters.
In Karachi there are so many bohras who are increasingly finding it hard to meet ends. Jamat has never done anything for these members of our community. Very pathetic situation.
You said you were surprised to know that there are golden faucets and silver chairs in saifee mahal. this is nothing, I have seen rooms full of cash, and no body knows how much money there is. A year or two ago I posted a picture of Qaid JOher Bhaisaehb, he was wearing Gold Rolex with diamonds, that watch alone is more than ten thousand dollars worth. A few years back Syedna Saheb Vacationed in Swiss Alps alongwith his large family members, assuming they will be staying in a five star hotel, switzerland is one of the most expensive country in the world, it would have cost between 1/2 million to 3/4 million dollars. Calculate in rupeess, it will be 5 to 7 crore rupees.

Then all those safaris. I still remember way back, when only fiats and ambassodor cars were allowed in india, when they use to come to pakistan, we had every make and model, Shahzadas and their entourage will get the newest car till their stay. on each shahzada's visit there will be a renovation of hundered of thousands of rupees for brief stay.

SBM indeed good deeds.
HB do whatever you can for anyone you come accross who needs help.
I am glad that despite orthodox castigation of progressive minded people, these are very people who in their heart care for their fellow brothers and sisters. This also shows one thing, progressive minded people have humane view of the world than those of self proclaimed pious blind followers. Knowledge broadens horizons.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Bohras in a gujarat city are facing acute poverty but the dai felicitates its Chief Minister, the butcher of muslims, the yazeed of today and hands him a cheque of over Rs.One crore as that according to him is MORE important then the abject poverty in his community. The late Huzefa bhaisaab celebrates Modi's birthday by cutting a birthday cake with him and chants 'Allah O Akbar', the abdes of chennai felicitate him when he was in chennai and abdes flock to his sadbhavna diwas and trip over each other to have a photo session with this yazeed. Such is the ground reality of this cult, no better then the Asaram bapus, Murari bapus, Satya Sai Babas and Sri sri ravishankars. Shame on them.

By the way a similar situation prevails in another city of gujarat, Surat where bohras live in 'tekdas' and some unfortunately are forced to even indulge in prostitution, this was corraborated by none other then a police inspector of surat. Still abdes turn a blind eye as they are dazzled by the salgirah carnivals, the spotless white attires of their masters, the crores exchanged in the name of ziafats, mafsusiyats and hadiyats. As long as abdes are stuffed with 2 kharas 2 mithas on a daily basis they will never feel the pain of hunger and poverty. For starters let the dai announce his next mohurrum tamasha in a desert with tents as accomodation and a nan khatai as fateha nu sakan, abdes will vanish like 'ghade ke sar pe se singh'.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Br GM
Miya Bhais of Gujarat are not blind. they have seen Sultan give crores of rupees to the Butcher. They have seen Dbs calling themselves Bohras not Musalman. They have seen Bohra touching The Butcher's feet. When time comes to take care of poor, they are going to take care of their own since they have forsaken the Butcher and his goverment.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

let me tell you my own observations.

in pune, there are many bohras staying in the biggest hutment slum colony called katadkhana. some of them used to attend the nearby bohra markaz only for namaaz, but they were treated as lepers and relegated quite rudely to the last saf. they came wearing freshly washed clothes, afraid that they would be insulted, but it was quite obvious from their dresses that they were cheap and worn. many of their clothes also had patches sewn on. they quietly slunk away before jaman time as they knew they would be shooed away being non-paying members. it was heartbreaking to see them going away hungry while thaals were being laid. i was just a young lad those days and remember once when my mother stopped one such lady and asked about her. we were saddened and shocked to know they stayed in such a place. she mentioned that she came only to pray but was very hurt by the way she and others like her were treated as if they were untouchables and with disgust. my father than undertook to help them every possible way, but these people were very self-respecting and disappeared, never to turn up ever again.

in mumbai, there are over 2 dozen families staying in the squalid dharavi slums, asia's largest slum. they are unobtrusive and elusive. you might see them if you were ever to walk inside one of the narrow lanes, but they hide and refuse to show their faces if they realise you are a bohra too. you can identify them from the ghaghra odhna/ridhas or bohra topis.

such is the grinding poverty affecting a sizeable percentage of our community. such is the blithe ignorance or arrogance of our people they do not even acknowledge that such bohras exist. they treat them as beggars and tramps. in fact, one of the most glaring examples is right around the raudat tahera in mumbai, where bohra ladies and men beg openly from affluent looking bohras, invoking syedna's name - 'tamne aqa mola ghanu sawab aapse! ' what a cruel irony!

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 am

Salaam,
Just as Zulfiqar has said.Many of these poor bohras eventually disappear.No one marries their daughters and they are married off to poor sunni muslims and in most cases life becomes worse.There is no vocational training or evening education classes instead there is tabudaat jamans.
As pointed out many beg outside Raudat Tahera,but brainwashed abdes beleive that these very beggars are taken care of bhaisaheb/shazada an beg only so that they may buy liquor and drink!.
Contrary to what is written or heard about the Late Huzaifa Bhaisaheb,Son of previous Mukasir.What I have been told by a very reliable source that Huzaifa Bhaisaheb was very progressive in his views and very loud about them.That is why he was sidelined ,apart from his personal life when he married a second time.The late bhaisaheb was against sending people on Hajj and would advocate to spend that money on housing and education instead.He wwould often say that the zaadas are all chors and the jamaat would have a laugh!
He was fond of eating and quite passionate about helping the poorer bohras,unfortunately ,its only his eating habits and his personal life that we get to hear about.
A case to be noted is of the prosperous Chhipa muslim community of Ahmedabad.These are traditionally cloth printers.They have been prosperous but remained uneducated,uncouth and most still live on charpoys.
However they have put money to good use.A massive community center has been set up.They provide free computer classes to their community,provide vocational training to widows,girls etc.
In short they now see the importance of education.
Let us change the life of perhaps even one fellow bohra.Alhamdollilah I have started,so has SBM and perhaps scores of others.Its now time for you.
Jazakallah

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 am

Poverty in bohras is similar to issue with poverty in India , there is plenty slum dog type stories where the rich no longer feel uncomfortable to be living side by side to slums where the riches pets cost more than the income paid to maids and servants.

It is the western society who get emotional about it. The reason I am commenting is that to solve the poverty it will take real commitment and sincerity and absolute priority , not a few jestures on occasions and handouts. Redistribution of wealth, empowerment, generations of foundation in education and employment.

One community that has progressed by eradicating poverty better than us is the aga khani, they have made improvement and are now focusing on non khoja locations eg Balkans, Africa and Pakistan .

and one way is look at our own islamic history, why was the Prophet raised from an orphan, so that he woul be engaged to to needy.

Same way Lenin , Mao , Jesus same journey

My point once the rich kothari destiny is replaced by a leader who rises from the middle class or poor this present extravagent family will reach peak before collapse.

My suggestion is rather than reminding the kothar to be charitable create a parallel authority so that they become irrelevant.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:04 am

Bohraji
Please PM with my request of information. I think we need to take action and let us leave all the lecturers to Abde Regressive and their regime they are good at that. I thought Dabba scheme was supposed to help people like that but again that was another facade like Saifee Technical and Saifee Hospital. started for poor but ends up serving the rich for a price just like Muwaid scheme, now you have pay to get it
I want to hear from Abde Regressive Adam,. Profs,Progti,MN and new slave Abde53 to shed some light how this can happen and how they plan to help. Stop looking for Imam. who knows Imam is right there among those suffering. Let me Quote a story to prove my point.
There was a big celebration going on and the there was a nice GOLDEN Horse carriage and man seating on it, some one asked who is that person, organizers said that he is our leader, There was another SILVER horse carriage and many people seating on it, upon inquiring he was told that this is our leader's family and we are all celebrating and thanking Bhagwan for giving us such a caring leader and his family, Way back there was an old man walking with stick and having trouble, some one asked the Old man who are you and why you are walking so far behind he said '" i am the bhagwan who has been left out"
so moral of story, let us help the people with our action, words and sympathy does not provide food or education just self fulfillment

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 am

sbm and bohraji
all this family has to do is go to local Aamil and they will help you, they can get regular Thaali,
how do we know that they are not progressives since our shafiq bawa TUS and Syedi wa Maulai Muffadal mola TUS did think this kind of things and that is why they started muwaid scheme to feed the hungry, it is free for people who can not pay, they may be progressives that is why they are not on list to recieve the barakats

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 am

bohraji,

please send me a pm too of such poor bohras wherever they are.

secondly, we have a charity regd in north america called 'Shukre ilahi", which since last 8 years has been providing assistance for education to deserving bohra students in india for college education. there are 2 chapters, one in the US and the other in canada. we have people in india in various cities who help identify such poor families, usually widows and divorced mothers with kids who need money for their kids' fees, text books, transport etc.

over the years the donations and patrons have grown and a total of over half a million dollars has been collected with which so far over a 1000 kids have been able to acquire university education. the most surprising fact is that the majority of these bright young bohra boys and girls are from majority mainstream bohra families. from this year shukre ilahi is spreading its wings to pakistan and it is planned at a later stage when more funds are available, inshallah, to start this work also in east africa. last year there were 250 full-time students receiving this continuing assistance, which starts with the first year of college and continues for the full duration of their course, whether 3 or 4 years.

some of these kids have gone on to become high achievers and now take care of their poor parents and families when they find good jobs. help is also provided through good samaritans to assist them in their job search, but we do not have funds for that purpose and we do not expend any money on that. that is purely the untiring and noble efforts of the volunteers we have in india. one of these very bright bohra kids was recently invited by nasa at a youth symposium on the future of space exploration where he won the praise of his peers and the attending academics. it was a matter of great pride to us that we selected a deserving bohra lad, helped him with his education and this simple, but poor kid went all the way to USA at nasa's expense! this boy has been promised an apprenticeship with nasa with a mentoring professor once he has finished his education.

i will post more details on shukre ilahi soon on this thread. we have a gala fund raising dinner with lavish entertainment (most of it donated by artistes or at subsidised costs) on the 28th of april in mississauga. tickets are still available at 60/= $ per head. almost 30$ from this goes to shukre ilahi and we have over 300 benefactors who attend, including mainstream jamaat bohras, white canadians, and people of various nationalities we know who are interested in donating for this noble cause. seperate pledge forms are distributed at this event and last year we raised 20,000$ at just this one event! funds donated are tax deductible.

we do not discriminate either on membership or providing assistance. anyone who wishes to attend this event and help us raise funds, pls send me a pm.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

bohraji wrote:Contrary to what is written or heard about the Late Huzaifa Bhaisaheb,Son of previous Mukasir.What I have been told by a very reliable source that Huzaifa Bhaisaheb was very progressive in his views and very loud about them
bohraji,

The person you are referring to is Qureshbhai saab and not Huzefa. I recollect the times of 1992 mumbai riots when bhendi bazar was under curfew and bohras were finding it difficult to get their supply of milk, eggs and other neccesities. At that time qureshbhai saab used to arrange for tempo loads of supplies free of charge to bhendi bazar during curfew relaxation time. As soon as his father, the late mukasir died he was totally sidelined and he shifted to pardi in gujarat where he had a big farmhouse and he was also often seen in bandra where he had a flat, dressed in shirt/pant, no STD. Huzefabhai saab is the son of the dai who died recently at Ahmedabad and during his funeral ceremonies there was an accident due to which around 3 people died. He is the one who had celebrated Narendra Modi's birthday by cutting the birthday cake with him and chanting 'Allah O Akbar".

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 am

Salaam ,
Yes Mr. Ghulaam.It was Quresh Bhai saheb.My mistake.
Thank you for the correction.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am

Bohraji
Any luck with helping those unfortunate people. I hope you and wish that your efforts to help them succeed. May Allah reward you for bringing these to this forum and I do hope people will step up to the plate

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 am

Salaam.
@ Mustafanalwala,
It is really pathetic to read your response.Do you really think that SBM is blowing his trumpet! You ignorant fool! Your words have made me go down to your level so that you may understand.You do not even know SBM's identity and nor do I.So how can you state that he is advertising off his charity.I have been in touch with him through PM and he is calling up from America so that Dawoodi Bohras can receive help.It is being done so discretely that there is a chain of two,three people involved and we really do not know each other.Take a look around you turd.It is the kothar who makes a grand show of things.Do you know that sayedna's name has been engraved on Imam Hussains Zarih as well !! as they want to show that Sayedna supposedly donated it.When you go to Karbala you will be shown the top corner of the zarih by the mulla sahab assigned to you.And he will tell you to look at it discretely and see sayedna's name,so that other zayereeens would not notice.
Even I am from and in the orthodox fold but I will call a spade a spade.
Another idiot has asked to go to the Amils office for help.Do you really beleive that they will help ?These poor Bohras have gone every where for help and the most help they receive is from the sunni owners of Husseini bakery at biscuit gali.It is a common site ,people go to the bakery in ramadaan and the old gentleman give alms to all .
Perhaps I should not blame you as we have been brought up this way.However be open minded, ask questions and see the difference.recognise the high handedness of the Amil.I do not want to go out of the fold.I will stay in the fold and try to bring in the change in a few peoples attitude.We just have to simple people to recognise whos who.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm

mn
When i help someone, i do it in such a way that the right hand does not know what the left is doing.
According to Prophetic Hadith this is one way the other way is to announce it so others are encoraged to the same.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

According to Prophetic Hadith this is one way the other way is to announce it so others are encoraged to the same.
And that was exactly my intention. May Allah reward Bohraji for his concerns and reaching out to people to help. Inshallah one person and one family at a time.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 am

MN
Hope you understand that my intention behind making the post was that you mentioned me and asked what do we do and i wanted to tell you that we do it too, but most discreetly.
At least I do.
As an obedient DB if you give openly then you will get in trouble with Kothar, we understand.

think

Unread post by think » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 am

also ,if given openly ,one cannot say this is from moula. Many a times mumineen on a personal basis foot the expenses of feeding mumineen on many religious occasions, but announcement is made that this jaman is from moula and this is simply not true.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

MN
haa haa haa, you can be quite funny sometimes you know!
I am glad you liked it Brother. But it is true. Is it not?

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 am

Dear Mr. Nalwala,
My post was in no way to ridicule or to insult you.If you feel offended then I apollogise. What I am trying to do is for people to recognise the stark realities in our community.You have read about the rolexes, and seen the swiss holiday pictures.You must have also seen the huge tear drops made of rubies being put up at Mola Ali's Mehrab.
Just think of it,my brother in faith.Does Mola Ali care about rubies adorning his masjid?
Mola Ali would eat jau no Ato (Oates) even though he had the huge revenues of Fadak at his disposal.This is the same Mola who gave away his ring while in Ruku,The same man who would refused a life of luxuries as he thought it unjustified to live prosperously when there were poor amongst his men. Now you must know of the poverty amongst Bohras.Does it Justify the Dai of the Ummat to order strawberries from UK for breakfast when his own people sleep hungry? How do you justify the high rates being charged at Musafir Khanas in the mazaars when all has been made and paid for by the ummat? All they need money is just for maintenance ,now.What use is of the Airconditioned rooms when only the rich can afford it?The poor still go and stay at the halls which does not offer privacy .Should not the poor ,the aged,the children be able to avail the facillities at the mawaid,for free/ Think about it.
Is it OK to adorn the graves of our masters with expensive chadars,Gilafs when the poor,wretched of our community do not haave simple kurtas to wear.Is this what Qutbuddin Shaheed wanted? That his grave be adorned with Gold and rich fabrics when just at the nearby saifee colony (right opposite his Roza) there is an old widow abandoned by her children.
You are talking about me being impolte,well you are correct. But have you seen how the Amil insults people,mostly elderly men in his official office during Ramadan at the time of collection.Have you not heard of situations where burials of abdes have been denied because their dues were unpaid.You call that decency?
Have you any idea as to how nmany Bohras have left the forld in the past 20 years? Who is to blae for this?
Think about it. Let us bring the change from within ourselves and truly try to live like Ali and die like Hussain!

AgnosticTheist

Unread post by AgnosticTheist » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:
think wrote:also ,if given openly ,one cannot say this is from moula. Many a times mumineen on a personal basis foot the expenses of feeding mumineen on many religious occasions, but announcement is made that this jaman is from moula and this is simply not true.

Nope.

What you say is simply not true.

Every year, during Ramazan, it is always announced if a jaman or part of it, or tea, or iftaari food is sponsored by someone. That persons name is taken.
There hasn't ever been a public announcement about who is doing the Ramadan jaman in our city even though more than 60% of the jamans are sponsored (rest comes from collection). So I believe the statement by think is not completely false.

However, the iftaar (milk/tea) and other khidmat guzar names are publicly announced.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:15 am

bohraji wrote:Dear Mr. Nalwala,
My post was in no way to ridicule or to insult you.If you feel offended then I apollogise. What I am trying to do is for people to recognise the stark realities in our community.You have read about the rolexes, and seen the swiss holiday pictures.You must have also seen the huge tear drops made of rubies being put up at Mola Ali's Mehrab.
Just think of it,my brother in faith.Does Mola Ali care about rubies adorning his masjid?
Mola Ali would eat jau no Ato (Oates) even though he had the huge revenues of Fadak at his disposal.This is the same Mola who gave away his ring while in Ruku,The same man who would refused a life of luxuries as he thought it unjustified to live prosperously when there were poor amongst his men. Now you must know of the poverty amongst Bohras.Does it Justify the Dai of the Ummat to order strawberries from UK for breakfast when his own people sleep hungry? How do you justify the high rates being charged at Musafir Khanas in the mazaars when all has been made and paid for by the ummat? All they need money is just for maintenance ,now.What use is of the Airconditioned rooms when only the rich can afford it?The poor still go and stay at the halls which does not offer privacy .Should not the poor ,the aged,the children be able to avail the facillities at the mawaid,for free/ Think about it.
Is it OK to adorn the graves of our masters with expensive chadars,Gilafs when the poor,wretched of our community do not haave simple kurtas to wear.Is this what Qutbuddin Shaheed wanted? That his grave be adorned with Gold and rich fabrics when just at the nearby saifee colony (right opposite his Roza) there is an old widow abandoned by her children.
You are talking about me being impolte,well you are correct. But have you seen how the Amil insults people,mostly elderly men in his official office during Ramadan at the time of collection.Have you not heard of situations where burials of abdes have been denied because their dues were unpaid.You call that decency?
Have you any idea as to how nmany Bohras have left the forld in the past 20 years? Who is to blae for this?
Think about it. Let us bring the change from within ourselves and truly try to live like Ali and die like Hussain!
Salambhai,you write ground reality of our community.
kya miliye aise logo se jinki asaliyat chhupi rahe,naqali chehara samne aaye asli surat chhupi rahe.