SAHIFA AND CHOGADIA

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
Mkenya

SAHIFATUL-SALAAT AND CHOGADIA TABLE

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Most Bohras' use Sahifatul-Sallat as a manual for all Dini activities; from birth to date and everything in between. Again, most Bohras look up the Chogadia Table before implementing important tasks.

I have always been perplexed by these topics. I have summarised my questions in Gujarati with English alphabet. Posters are encouraged to respond likewise or in English. Please post as much supplemental information as possible.

Sahifo pehle kya Dai na zamaan ma lakahyo. Ane atyar no je Sahifo che tema aaj sudhi koi mota ferfar thaya che ke nahi. Ane thaya hoi to kiankian karia ane kone karia.

Apne nana, mota, kushi, wagere na kamo chogadiu joi ne amal kariye chie. To sawaal ae che ke chogadiani pehlvi kone kari; kya
Dai e. Chogadia nu basis shu che? Kem eik athwadia nuuj che? Hindu lauk ni Rashi sathe koi relation che ke kem? Bohra kaum uprant
Ahle Shia athwa Ahle Sunni loko Chogadia ma mane che ke kem?

SBM

Re: SAHIFATUL-SALAAT AND CHOGADIA TABLE

Unread post by SBM » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:30 pm

To the best of my knowledge Ahle Sunni and Ahle Shia do not believe in Chogadia
Instead they believe in Istikhara ni Namaz
"Istikhara" means to seek goodness from Allah (Exalted is He), meaning when one intends to do an important task they do istikhara before the task. The one who does the istikhara is as if they request Allah Almighty that, O the Knower of Unseen (Exalted is He) guide me if this task is better for me or not?

Mkenya

SAHIFATUL-SALAAT AND CHOGADIA TABLE

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Most Bohras' use Sahifatul-Sallat as a manual for all Dini activities; from birth to date and everything in between. Again, most Bohras look up the Chogadia Table before implementing important tasks.

I have always been perplexed by these topics. I have summarised my questions in Gujarati with English alphabet. Posters are encouraged to respond likewise or in English. Please post as much supplemental information as possible.

Sahifo pehle kya Dai na zamaan ma lakahyo. Ane atyar no je Sahifo che tema aaj sudhi koi mota ferfar thaya che ke nahi. Ane thaya hoi to kiankian karia ane kone karia.

Apne nana, mota, kushi, wagere na kamo chogadiu joi ne amal kariye chie. To sawaal ae che ke chogadiani pehlvi kone kari; kya
Dai e. Chogadia nu basis shu che? Kem eik athwadia nuuj che? Hindu lauk ni Rashi sathe koi relation che ke kem? Bohra kaum uprant

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:35 pm

I emailed this question to Fatemi Dawaat and received the following reply:

Many people believe in the astrological significance of different planets and stars although many people take it to extremes in daily life. Different denominations within Islam have different interpretations of this concept. The Ikhwanus Safa Series on FatemiDawat.com references some of these sciences.

The table in the sahifa is derived specifically from Dawat kitaabs. There are many different layers and levels of meanings of the significance represented by these tables, and this understanding can be acquired through sabaq.

Kothar has always said "Sabaq ma awo to aawa sawalo na jawab aapshu". And now Fatemi is also using the same tactic. My question is: "Why can't they give a straight forward reply?"

Mkenya

Re: SAHIFA AND CHOGADIA

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I emailed this question to Fatemi Dawaat and received the following reply:

Many people believe in the astrological significance of different planets and stars although many people take it to extremes in daily life. Different denominations within Islam have different interpretations of this concept. The Ikhwanus Safa Series on FatemiDawat.com references some of these sciences.

The table in the sahifa is derived specifically from Dawat kitaabs. There are many different layers and levels of meanings of the significance represented by these tables, and this understanding can be acquired through sabaq.

Kothar has always said "Sabaq ma awo to aawa sawalo na jawab aapshu". And now Fatemi is also using the same tactic. My question is: "Why can't they give a straight forward reply?"

ajamali

Unread post by ajamali » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Mkenya wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:35 pm I emailed this question to Fatemi Dawaat and received the following reply:

I think you got a pretty straightforward reply. If you wanted to learn the intricacies of diagnosing ailments in human beings, you would be asked to attend medical school. If you wanted to understand how to computers work, you would need to study computer engineering....Similarly....

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 pm

I think you got a pretty straightforward reply. If you wanted to learn the intricacies of diagnosing ailments in human beings, you would be asked to attend medical school. If you wanted to understand how to computers work, you would need to study computer engineering....Similarly....
Br Ajamali--What a KOKA MEMI answer, For religious answers which are simple does not require a SECRETIVE SABAQ. They can answer those questions they can reply in a simple to understand language. Prophet and Imam never asked their followers to come to a secretive SABAQ when asked a religious question, it was discussed openly.
As for diagnosing ailment in human beings, one can google and get some of the answers in simple language. Yes you need more in depth knowledge to provide relief to those ailments.
The reason both groups want to keep SABAQ as secret so they can manipulate their followers even though STF camp is more open in responding to many inquiries then SMS.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 am

ajamali wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 pm
Mkenya wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:35 pm I emailed this question to Fatemi Dawaat and received the following reply:

And all Sabaq's end up with "agar Moula ni Raza hasey tu saglu saru thase ". Meaning sabaq's start with history written by awliyah and previous Daii's then it ends up with reiteration then Moula Muffadal is haak na Dai. Sabaq's in both school of thoughts SMS or STF they are both same. Brain washing mixed well with religious discourse balanaced well dished out for digestion.