WEDDING (?) OF JANABE QASIM (as) IN KARBALA

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
Mkenya

WEDDING (?) OF JANABE QASIM (as) IN KARBALA

Unread post by Mkenya » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 pm

One of the concocted stories regarding the epic of Ashura is the story of the marriage of Qasim bin Al-Hasan (as), a story which has no basis and which has not been related by any authentic and reliable sources.

In addition, such a thing is not rationally possible because, firstly, Qasim had not reached the age of puberty on the day of Ashura. Secondly, the wedding of Qasim was not possible and it could not have taken place due to the difficult war conditions.

I am perturbed why this baseless episode is mentioned by Bohra Waezin during Ashara. Marsiya like: "Abdullah ki shaadi hei, na mehndi hei na sherbet hei" and such others further substantiate their bogus claim.

By continuing to do this one's trust on the authenticity of the epic of Karbala comes tainted.

dal-chaval-palidu

Re: WEDDING (?) OF JANABE QASIM (as) IN KARBALA

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Do they mention it in Ishna-Ashteri or other Shia or Sunni sources?

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:30 am

Sources and their authenticity often differ and conflict. The point is whether an event of the magnitude of Janabe Qasim's (as) wedding on the fateful day of Aashura happened or not. I have heard Bohri waezin recite this episode umpteen times since my early adulthood. All I am asking for is clarification.

Mohammad Hussain

Unread post by Mohammad Hussain » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:55 am

Janabe Qasim (A.S.)' wedding with Bibi Sakina on the fateful day of Ashura is a Fairytale story which has no basis.

The fake story must have been created by 51 Taher or 52 Burhanuddin. Janab Qasim was very young and Bibi Sakina was only 4 years old at that time. I never heard or mentioned this kind of home made story by any educated Maulana in any Ishna Ashari or Shia/Sunni Wazes.

This baseless episode is mentioned at every Bohra Masjid/Markaz to spark emotions among gullible Bohras. This in turn allows these Kothari Goons to make more money :mrgreen:

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:04 am

do you people realize that such marriage was symbolic and it was only conducted because it was wish of Imam Hassan. do not raise red flags on issues which you dont understand and your IQ does not permit to process such information.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:27 pm

momeenbhai: If, like you say, the marriage was symbolic then the authenticity of different events of Karbala become suspect. Since my childhood days I remember Waeezin pre-fix their bayaan with the phrase "Rawi likhe che...". "Rawi" to my understanding was an authority or person who had collected and verified the events.

I need enlightenment, not deflections. Is there any one on this forum who can shed some light on this.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:36 am

Le bhai yaha joi le, I hope now that makes you satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUDKTW7UQk

Scholar is saying same thing which I said in my above post.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:24 am

yeah so keep fighting till qayamah. as the scholars say until something really affects your Imaan do not create fitnah by raising red flags.

marriage of Qasim is not some thing which is related to condition of Imaan, marriage is something which you think happened or didn't happen, just do not try and create fitnah by creating more doubts.