"The great unwashed"

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Kaka Akela

"The great unwashed"

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:04 pm

Dictionary:'The great unwashed': the mass or multitude of ordinary people.
"History shows that the great unwashed will only take so much pain before they revolt"

I wonder if currently in the Dawoodi Bohra Community with all demands on the people there will be a revolt!!

People are told to not go to work or open business while the dai and kothar keep their businesses open with demands of corores for dai doing waez in their city, ziafats, bethaks, sammu lagans, etc etc all making moneys. While people suffer.
Ohbat is another burden on people, this is a new innovation which demands people to do majalis at home causing more re expenses.
Ohbat drums beat as soon as Ramadaan ends, also upliftment programs are also started right after Ramadaan collections, wherein they collect so much more than what is shown as upliftment in one or two homes of a village or two.
Where does all this money goes?? Why so much greed for money?? All year they have programs with streams to collect money. Still 5 months to go for Dai's 80 th birthday, but already messages are coming for all for to get ready to do najwa araz. Najwa from sabaq taking people and from those who don't take sabaqs to start taking sabaqs so they can be tapped for najwa as well. This kind of greed for money was never seen before the 51st dai.
I know for sure that pretty soon the "great unwashed" will wake up and revolt, i hope they do, as their money collection is getting way out of hand.

Biradar

Re: "The great unwashed"

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 pm

The defining trait of a modern Bohri is cowardice. This is the main reason for the failure of the Progressive Movement, as discussed here many, many times. At this point, to hope that the "masses" will revolt is to hope that hell will freeze. Or that Muffy and his brothers will suddenly repent for their misdeeds and live a life of simplicity. It is not going to happen.

The Bohras are a meek and submissive people. They have no courage. Many Bohras moan and complain, for example, on this forum. But they do not have the courage to leave the mullahs or the community. In fact, they will repeatedly go back to the jamaat and markaz, bend over with their hands folded, ready for yet another kick on their backsides. They will complain about how much money they need to pay, but will go again and again and pay again and again when the mullah demands they empty their wallets. This submissive behavior is now a part of the Bohra DNA.

The present usurper of the da'i's title is a money grubbing moron. He can't put together a couple of sentences without sputtering in anger. Yet, we see thousands of sheep-like Bohris scream "More-la, More-la" when he appears in front of them. This fool collects money 4x faster as each of his hands and feet are kissed at the same time as his minions collect envelops from the Bohra sheep. If he was not so lazy he would stand and use his left and right butt-cheeks too. Perhaps a special price could be charged for that part of his posterior anatomy. Knowing Bohris, there would be a sold-out line!

So let us stop this fantasy that Bohras will rebel. They won't. They have never rebelled. Specially with Bohras being addicted to food and so-called thali, they will take any humiliation and shame so they can eat a meal. And why not? This is a parasitic relationship: Mullah provides food and some comfort (for a price, of course), and Bohras provides mulla Muffy and his Iblisi family with unlimited funds to have fun. It is unlikely to change. Mullahs will enjoy and life of decadence, and Bohras will meekly submit.

Sheikh Ali sadiq

Unread post by Sheikh Ali sadiq » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:35 am

it is all about who can stand alone and fight, I observed if you have ilm and power to speak then local amil or any of his chamcha will never try to mess with you. infact they give you respect (my personal case)

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:10 am

Biradar wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 pm If he was not so lazy he would stand and use his left and right butt-cheeks too. Perhaps a special price could be charged for that part of his posterior anatomy. Knowing Bohris, there would be a sold-out line!
Haha :lol: :lol: You are giving him ideas.

As for a revolt, not going to happen. When in history have sheep revolted? They always line up obediently for fleecing and for slaughter. One look at the Bohras today and you know they are the willing herd, in love with their sheephood. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I've been part of the progressive movement for long enough to know that there is no hope, no redemption. Bohras have been turned into a cult, they never cared about Islam or religion. They are happy to belong to a cult and follow its rules and pay up for the membership. What they care about is the "convenience" of belonging, have their social needs fulfilled and have their religious rituals performed. Nothing else matters to them. They are happy being sheep. And happy sheep don't revolt.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:39 am

What does it mean to be a Bohra in 2022 ?

Can someone please comment.

I am sheep who did not revolt but jumped the fence and now live in the bush, sometimes meet the tagged sheep grazing, and then runaway back in the bush , where I live with other goats, hyenas, antelopes, free to do what I want to. Some sheep could have joined me but love the torture and whip of the master so stay as a herd of sheep.

I was born in a Bohra family, culturally I am Bohra where I speak like one, enjoy the food, some traditions, have my relatives and friends who are Bohras, some orthodox some on fringe some self exited as in don't pay dues or attend any religious events. I go around with other Muslims, attend their events, sometimes pray with them

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:15 pm

You are not "the only sheep", there are many many like you. With the threat of baraat, they have silenced all the oppositions. No body can question any of their actions lest they get branded as munafiqeen.
Not a miqaat goes by when they collect money with one holy sounding cause or another. Some collections are called Qardan Hasana but they are non-refundables. Some of these are big amounts like Taheri scheme with a unit of $215 and they want everyone to contribute multiple units. How can it be Qardan Hasana according to Quranic definition when it is never returned to you, the sheep swallow their B S without any questions. They have become so bold now because there is nobody to question their greed. I would say 99.9% are sheep in the community now. I asked once to show me who benefits from all these qardan scheme and there was no show only verbal diarrhea about not trusting them and forgetting Molana's ehsanaat blah blah blah. Essentially they don't hold themselves responsible to respond for any financial dealings. If truth ever came out, we will find that Dawat beats Ambani and Adani combined in assets and holdings!!!
Any religion that prohibits or hides info
About finances is doing something shady and doesn't want you to know about it. And a lot of shady dealings are going on behind the curtain in Dawoodi bohras religious administration.

Sheikh Ali sadiq

Unread post by Sheikh Ali sadiq » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:24 am

How can it be qardan hasanah when the borrower cant get money unless he provides gold for it.

If he had gold why would he to and beg for money to Amil?

Taking gold for lending money is not qardan hasanah. It is some thing what baniya did some time back in India.

They don't take interest but they take money in other forms.