Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other se

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Hussain_KSA

Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other se

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm

The interfaith dialogues among the various sect of Islam recently concluded in the Holy city of Makkah on the invitation of Custodian of holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin AbdelAziz Al Saud. This conference was prelude or preparation for the proposed inter religious dialogues between Jews, Christans, Hindus and Muslims. Almost 500 delegates from all over the world belonging to various sect of Islam attended the above mentioned dialogues. Shias, Druze and Ismaili sects beside many "unknown" including sulemani (Makrami) bohras were among the attendees.

The festive note is that no one from Dawoodi Bohra community invited for the said dialogues.

Bohras population is above one million. It is also a million dollar question that why they did not invite the bohra sect to attend the conference while the other shia sect were invited. On the other hand druz and sulemanis are very much less in numbers compares to Dawoodi bohras.

This clearly shows the position of Dawoodi bohras in eyes of other sect of Islam. How can the leader claims that he would construct the domb of Syeda Fatima Zehara the beloved daughter of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).

Note : Grammatical or spelling mistakes are regretted.

seeker110

Re: Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other se

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Bohras in their own eyes are not following Islam.Even,if the invitation to attend the confrence was extended to us who is the person to represent us.
Other muslims are aware of our cult,sayedna has nothing to gain,and everything to loose if he or his rep., attends or becomes part of the main stream muslims.
Our motto is to keep the bohras occupied in majlis and darees so none would have time to look sideway's or ahead.
Beard and layers of white clothes is what it takes to be a momin.
We should all be ashamed to call our selves muslims.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:39 pm

"Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other sects of Islam?"

they dont stand, they are sitting... in thaals, waiting for food!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 pm

We need to send our scholars.Hmmm who can fill the void.Who do you think should represent us.Lets see someone aware of the religion and current conditions.Also has a lot of experiance speeking among other scholars.I say we send Mr.Engineer.Or the bakwas ka ghar.Damn it I am a bohra and a muslim.Dont ever count us out.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 am

Originally posted by seeker110:
Or the bakwas ka ghar.Damn it I am a bohra and a muslim.Dont ever count us out.
The "bakwas ka ghar" can only mean religion that worships a male supernatural fathomless yet fathomable deity.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 am

Originally posted by Danish:
The "bakwas ka ghar" can only mean religion that worships a male supernatural fathomless yet fathomable deity.
Baloney :D ;) :p :cool: :roll:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:51 am

Okay then you suggest what to do and say if you are going to keep them for umpteen hours.All lectures stink within an hour,wouldnt you say?

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 am

Originally posted by anajmi:
Originally posted by Danish:
Baloney :D ;) :p :cool: :roll:
Certainly!

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:26 am

Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:
The interfaith dialogues among the various sect of Islam recently concluded in the Holy city of Makkah on the invitation of Custodian of holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin AbdelAziz Al Saud. This conference was prelude or preparation for the proposed inter religious dialogues between Jews, Christans, Hindus and Muslims.
Hussain_KSA,

Did non-Sunnis in attendance ask the "King" why they can't pray as they wish in Makkah ? If so, what was his answer in this spirit of "dialogue" ?

Forget Jews, Christians and Hindus as the "King" can't even accept fellow Muslims. Bohras should be honored that they weren't invited to this farce.....

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 am

Did non-Sunnis in attendance ask the "King" why they can't pray as they wish in Makkah ? If so, what was his answer in this spirit of "dialogue" ?

Forget Jews, Christians and Hindus as the "King" can't even accept fellow Muslims. Bohras should be honored that they weren't invited to this farce.....[/QB]
Who is stopping the non sunnis from praying as they wish in Makkah? Had you been to Makkah ever? Every one is free to pray inside the Masjid haraam. I have seen Shias are praying with open handed sometime alone sometime behind the same Imam. However bohra leasdership has banned the bohras from praying in congeration. Bohras are rarely seen in Haram during the prayer time. They come usually after Isha prayer from the gate NO.5 (babe Ajyaad)They make every bohra to enter from the Ajyad gate as new FARMAN. On Safa Marwa Bohras don not walk with other Muslims instead they are told to walk on the same way resulting in disturbing other pilgrims. In brief Makkah is open for every one (Muslim) to pray. However Bohra mosques are not open for those who are excommunicated and did not pay the wajebat. In Haram you can pray beside the wall of Kaba. In any bohra mosque it depends on your payment and accoding to your payment you will get the place. List goes on brother. Just accept the fact that you are not welcome among the other sects of Islam as your leaders want you to make the seperate community with unique identitiy.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:42 am

"Bohras should be honored that they weren't invited to this farce..... "

a classic case of khattey angoor!!!!

it is also a clear acceptance of the fact that bohras, sorry taheris, are not muslims and that they themselves admit to it.

for our great pretender syedna, islam is a convenient handle to be used as expedient. when there is advantage, he claims allegiance as a 'muslim', when it is not advantageous, he shows he is far removed from a 'normal' muslim and in fact is a much higher and superior entity.

'dono side ke laddoo khao aur duniya ko bewaqoof banao....'

reminds me of those gatecrashers at weddings, where you just walk in and hog on the food, whilst pretending to be an honoured guest. both sides, the groom's and the bride's, are then left wondering that you might be the guest of the other and you get away with it!!

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:47 am

KSA,

So Bohris and Shias can build a mosque in Makkah if they wish ?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:26 pm

FB,

before thinking about bldg a masjid in makkah, pls see to it that all muslims are allowed to come and pray at each and every of our masjids all over the world. because that will be the condition if the saudi govt allows the taheris to build one in makkah.

keeping their doors closed and openly discouraging visitors shows taheris have things to hide.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:37 pm

However Bohra mosques are not open for those who are excommunicated and did not pay the wajebat.
This is a very interesting point made by Husain Bhai. What this shows is that the all knowing Syedna and his clergy is even above allah. Because only someone who has a authority higher then allah can stop a muslim from going for a prayer in a mosque which is nothing but house of allah. Our beloved prophet always said that a masjid should always be open for the believers to come in and pray.

I can understand kothar playing tough ball by not allowing mumineen (who have not paid the taxes) to attend other religious functions, but not allowing to go and pray namaz is the biggest crime that our priesthood can commit in the name of religion.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 am

I dont think any of the muslim sects need to built their "own" mosques when they are allowed to pray freely anywhere in the holy city according to their own traditions.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 am

mosque which is nothing but house of allah.

quoted by Aareef

Bro aareef, I can only laugh at such statements!!! :D :D :D :D

Consider the whole universe as the house of allah, please do not confine him to four walls.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:04 am

Bro aareef

You can very well ignore my last post as I do not wish to engage in any kind of debate with you. I appreciate the fact that there is alot in common between us atleast on our views on Kothar.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Br. LM,

I appreciate your views and do not wish to debate either but would still like to clarify my point on Mosque. I agree to the fact that allah is everywhere. He is there on freeways and he is even there on tennis courts. He is even there in White house and Lok Shaba. However, as you know each place is made for a specific purpose. I mean tennis courts are made for playing tennis and cricket stadiums are made for playing cricket. Similarly, mosques are built with the prime purpose of praying salaat. Mosque is commonly reffered to as "house of allah" or "Khuda nu ghar". Since, they are made for praying to allah, anybody and everybody has the right on it. Because everyone is equal in the eyes of allah and he is accessible to all of his followers. This is what I meant when I said that mosque is the house of allah. Please do not confuse it with universal presence of allah. I hope you get my point.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Originally posted by feelgud:
I dont think any of the muslim sects need to built their "own" mosques when they are allowed to pray freely anywhere in the holy city according to their own traditions.
Exactly! Tomorrow the taheris will want their own Kaaba too...but I forgot, they do have their own Haqiqi Kaaba, their dai!!!

BTW, will you all please stop using the word "mosque" and start using the word MASJID? mosque is a derogatory word coined by the spanish when the arabs were ruling over grenada, the word is derived from the root 'mosquito'. by using a westernised word for a muslim place of worship, we are not making ourselves appear modern or westernised, we are basically insulting our own faith and our house of worship! we shouldnt be afraid to use the correct word which is 'MASJID', no matter with whom you are talking, westerner or asian or anyone. if they ask what it means, explain to them that it stands for the place where muslims congregate to pray, in a house specially designed for it. if everyone starts using this word, soon it will be adopted by the rest of the world too, and if you hear anyone using the word 'mosque', pls gently correct them and remind them of the correct word. Thanks.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:22 am

Al,

My apologies for communicating with you in a "westernised word", please forgive me as I can't write any other. Having said that, how will you convert incarcerated American criminals to Wahabism without using westernized words ?

Exactly!
I happen to agree with you, I don’t think Muslims should be allowed to build MASJIDS in the US or anyplace in the West when they are allowed to pray freely in Churches, hell even airports. Reminds me of a Gil Scott-Heron lyric:

Civil rights, women’s rights, gay rights…it’s all wrong. Call in the cavalry to disrupt this perception of freedom gone wild. God damn it…first one wants freedom, then the whole damn world wants freedom.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:49 am

Actually it's a give and take when it comes to the US. If they want to build military bases in muslim countries, they'd better allow masjids to be built in the US!!

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:05 am

Originally posted by Fatwa Banker:
KSA,

So Bohris and Shias can build a mosque in Makkah if they wish ?
Why they need to make their own mosque? Are they not muslims? Non muslims are not allowed in premises of Makkah and Madina.Shia don't have any problem in praying in haram. They are praying too. You may watch them praying in haram which is being live telecast on number of channels. Bohras are busy in Jaman or listening to live telecast of their master in Rubaat that time. Once I ask to one of "Shezada" that why bohras do not pray after the Imam of Haram? There had been no problem if Imam of Haram had taken the permission (Raza) from Syedna. :D :D :D

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 am

I hope muslims in the west dont need to build their masjids when they are allowed to pray regularly with prescribed religious timings inside the churches .there would a call for prayers for them.They can pray either alone or in congregation like christian brothers.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Br. Feelgood

Plese explain your above post especially
they are allowed to pray regularly with prescribed religious timings inside the churches .there would a call for prayers for them.They can pray either alone or in congregation like christian brothers.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Originally posted by Fatwa Banker:
I happen to agree with you, I don’t think Muslims should be allowed to build MASJIDS in the US or anyplace in the West when they are allowed to pray freely in Churches, hell even airports. Reminds me of a Gil Scott-Heron lyric:

][/QB][/QUOTE]

I hope muslims in the west dont need to build their masjids when they are allowed to pray regularly with prescribed religious timings inside the churches .there would a call for prayers for them.They can pray either alone or in congregation like christian brothers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro MF,
we were talking about muslims sect allowed to pray inside any mosque in KSA.

are muslims in the west allowed to pray freely in the churches ?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:34 pm

"are muslims in the west allowed to pray freely in the churches ?"

As a matter of fact YES, Many Muslim communities used to rent the church for Jummah and Eid Salats before Muslim community grew where we start building our own Masaajids. I think in PA Bohras still rent a Church hall as their Markaz

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:06 am

Originally posted by feelgud:
Bro MF,
we were talking about muslims sect allowed to pray inside any mosque in KSA. are muslims in the west allowed to pray freely in the churches ?
Are you that lazy and ill-informed that Bro MF is your source for fact checking ? If so, you have no business posting on this board or any other for that matter.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 am

I think it was a rhetorical question. Besides, the number of "facts" (=farts) posted by you on this board is pretty well known for those who actually read your posts.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:10 am

Originally posted by anajmi:
Actually it's a give and take when it comes to the US. If they want to build military bases in muslim countries, they'd better allow masjids to be built in the US!!
Hmmmmmm. Military bases same status as Masjids????
heard it somewhere before...........Yup Naik...thats it.i wonder....

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 am

Welcome back brother Oma :)