Where do they get these Amil Sahebs

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.

Where do they get these Amil Sahebs

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:33 am

Dear Janab Mustafa Bhaisaheb,

4th April, 2002

First of all it is my DOA that Allah SWT Bless our Aqa Mowla for all long, long life TA Qiyamat, with Health and Happiness.

Our beloved Aqa Mowla has with Karam and Ahsan sent you to make Khidmat for us.

But very sad to say you are highly arrogant, conceited and above all you have NO ILM. Ulamas, Aamils, who had ILM will behave in a dignified manner, it's a shame that you think too much of yourself, and you are just acting as if you are Aqa Mowla.

Please take note and heed our warning! Be humble, talk and smile to everyone and earn some respect for your tenure of office, so that when you retire you will leave behind your pleasant smile, good naturedness and take with you our DOAS and a FAT purse for yourself and your family.

Mumin, Mukhlesin make Niaz since 40/50 years and you deprive them by putting Taxes. What authority you have to do this? Because you are hungry for money, otherwise earlier Aamils used to help them in money and kind and used to coax them to continue making Niyaz. Don't become a beggar.

Do not be like a Demon, or ZALIM, with high taxes. And please, please have some to pray and make Doa for good time for Singapore. May Allah, with the Vasila of Aqa Mowla TUS give you Hidayat and good sense.

Sheikh Abdulkader Fidahusein Tayebally
and Abedeen Tayebally

Re: Where do they get these Amil Sahebs

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:38 am

Here is the 'Story'

Defamation Case against Amil of Singapore - Amil Apologises and pays damages
The greedy and arrogant Amil of Singapore demanded a donation of 1000 Singapore dollars (Rs. 25,000) from Singapore's philanthropist, Shaikh Abdulkader Tayebally and insulted him and his son Abedeen in open Jamat. The father and son first wrote a letter to Amil and then served him a notice of defamation by a leading lawyer of Singapore.
The arrogant Amil ultimately had to apologise and pay damages. The Bohra Chronicle congratulates Shaikh Abdulkader and his son for the courage they have shown and ask other influential Bohras to take inspiration from them to end Kothar's arrogance.

Notice of defamation from Shaikh Tayebally's Lawyer
DREW & NAPIER LLC
Advocate & Solicitors Trademark & Patent Agents
20 Raffles Place #17-00, Ocean Towers
Singapore - 048620

To,
Mustafa Bhaisab
c/o #08-00, Burhani Masjid, 39 Hill Street
Singapore - 179364

Dear Sir,
Defamation of Shaikh Abdulkader F. Tayebally and Mr Abedeen A. Tayebally
We act for Sheikh Abdulkader Fidahusein Tayebally and Mr Abedeen Tayebally. As you know, our clients are well known and respected members of the Bohri community in Singapore. They are also well known within the community as traders and businessmen, operating under the name and style of Bombay Trading Co Pvt. Ltd.

We refer to the events that took place at a function ("the Jumat") at the Burjani Masjid on the evening of 28 March 2002. As you knew, the Jumat in question was one of the more significant events in the Bohri calendar. We are instructed that, during the Jumat, you said words and/or conducted yourself in such a manner as to cast highly defamatory allegations against our clients.

The events leading to the Jumat
We are instructed that on 7 March 2002, Sheikh Abdulkader telephoned you for an appointment at your office for the purpose of seeking reza (permission) to host the Jumat on 28 March 2002. On 8 March 2002 our client gave you, by way of salaam (obeisance), a token sum S$21 for the Jumat. You accepted this salaam and granted the reza to our client.

On 20 March 2002, your aide, one Sheikh Husain Jaorawalla, telephoned Sheikh Abdulkader and asked him for a donation of S$1000 to meet travelling expenses of Shazada Mohammedul Baqir Bhai Saheb from India to Singapore for the 10 days of Moharram, beginning 14 March 2002, who was to arrive in Singapore on 13 March 2002.

As the Shazada Saheb did not come to Singapore on 13 March 2002, our client informed your aide that he would not pay the said donation, as the purpose for it no longer subsisted. In the circumstances, you knew that our clients had a valid basis for declining to pay the sum of S$1000, which they were under no obligation to pay in any event.

On 23 March 2002, Sheikh Abdulkader asked you for permission to make a public announcement to extend invitations to all to attend the Jumat on 28 March 2002. You gave this permission. Our clients accordingly made announcement. At no time did you make it known to our clients that their hosting of the Jumat was made conditional upon their donating the S$1000, which condition would in any event be baseless and /or unreasonable.

The events during the Jumat
On the commencement of the Jumat, Sheikh Abdulkader went on his knees with an offering of salaam to you (in accordance with customary practice). As you knew, the custom of offering salaam and opening the Jumat is a highly important event in the eyes of the community and all present. Mr Abedeen Tayebally, as a member of the family hosting the Jumat, was assigned the ceremonial task of washing the hands of the diners.

When Sheikh Abdulkader made the offering to you, you said to him (in Gujarati), "You have refused to host the Jumat." Our client replied that he had not, and that he had never refused to host a Jumat and that his family had been hosting this Jumat for the past 60 years.

You turned to your aide Sheikh Husain Jaorawalla and asked him (in Gujarati), "Did he not refuse to do the Jumat?" Before your aide replied, our client interjected and asked him whether he had indeed refused to host the Jumat or had he refused to donate the S$1000. Your aide replied that our client had only refused to pay the S$1000.

You then turned to one Sheikh Moiz Nomanbhoy and asked him whether or not our client had refused to host the Jumat. Moiz Nomanbhoy replied our client had refused to host the Jumat, as he had not paid the S$1000. Our client made the offering to you again and asked if you would accept his salaam. You again asked our client to pay the S$1000 and our client replied that he would not. You then refused our clients' salaam and did not permit our clients to host the Jumat.

You then turned to one Abbaz Bhavnagarwalla, who was standing nearby, and said to him (in Gujarati), "Come, you offer me the salaam. This is your Jumat."

All the above words were said within the hearing of all persons present at the head thal (plate). All the above events were conducted within full view of the entire Jumat of about 250 male members of the Community.

By refusing to accept the salaam and refusing to allow our clients to continue with the Jumat, and by your statements, you falsely alleged to all present at the head thal that our clients were dishonorable and/or disreputable persons, who were incapable of or unwilling to pay their debts. By your behavior, you falsely alleged to all persons present at the Jumat that our clients were dishonorable persons and/or had committed some grave wrongdoing against the community and were therefore unworthy to host the Jumat.

Your words and conduct were malicious. First, you knew that there was no basis for you to demand payment of the S$1000. Secondly, you deliberately misled our clients into believing that you had granted permission for them to host the Jumat, when clearly your intentions were otherwise. You had ample time between the granting of the reza on 8 March 2002 and the Jumat on 28 March 2002 to inform our clients that you had rescinded or would rescind the reza, but did not do so. Thirdly, you chose the critical moment, the offering of the salaam in the presence of the whole Jumat to say and do the said words and actions, for maximum impact and presence of the whole Jumat, to say and do the said words and actions, for maximum impact and effect. Fourthly, you chose to make a spectacle of the situation by questioning our client and prolonging the ceremony. Fifthly, the events were obviously staged as you had various persons standing by to answer your questions and to "take over" the hosting of the Jumat.

Your words and conduct were clearly calculated to disparage our clients in their profession and/or calling as traders and/or in their trade and /or business. They contribute a grave slander on our clients. As a result, our clients have suffered considerable embarrassment and loss on our clients. As a result, our clients have suffered considerable embarrassment and loss.

Our clients require you to :
  • publish at your own expense an apology and an undertaking in terms to be decided by our clients
  • compensate them by way of damages and
  • agree to indemnify them in respect of the costs which they will have incurred in connection with this matter.
Our clients require a written confirmation that you will comply with these conditions, along with your offer for damages within 5 days of the date of this letter, failing which our instructions are to commence legal proceedings against you.

Yours faithfully

Drew & Napier LLC
-----------------------------------------------------
Take Note: We are going to bring them all out and expose them here

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:47 pm

They come from the same school,

This S'pore and Toronto Amil both were class fellows.

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:15 pm

I hope Br Qiyam, Br Simon, Br Huzaif and All the Abdes, Amtes, Chamchas and Chamchis are reading this exemplary behavior of our Dai-e Fatime employee!

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:52 pm

Khalid bin Walid killed some innocents during the Mecca campaign(remember the Prophet had given 'amaan' to the people of Mecca) even though he was expressly told by the Prophet(PBUH) to refrain from killing anyone. Imam Mustansir had a high official who was corrupt and unjust and prevented Syedna Moaiyyed Shirazi to approach the Imam.<br>Syedna Dawood bin Ajabshah's brother in law was corrupt.<br>Does a Khalid bin Walid make my esteem and love for the Prophet diminish. Does a corrupt official make my esteem and love for the Imam and his Daii diminish. No, to both the questions.

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:57 pm

Dear Jinx,<br>During this entire case, if indeed it is true, did the Shk Tayebali say a word of guilt towards Sayedna (tus) or the khotar or the jamat. No. The entire case is against an amil who's head got to big for him. According to the story...the amil apologies in public. In the story...even the amil's aide, shk husain, didn't agree with the <br>amil's ploy.<p>So what have we learned...nothing of the reformist agendas. The amil is not the khotar nor the Dai. He works for the kothar and the Dai...and got burned...as he should have.<p>I know many amils who have gone this same way...and had worse done to them. One amil in Gujarat, India was publicly humilated by the Jamat members in the streets...because he had stole money from the trust. He is currently teaching wudhu to children.<p>They entire reply is based on the idea that this story is true.

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:27 pm

<br>Simple Simon.<p>Here we have not just one!! One too many.<p>Br Qiyam,<br>The story is indeed true.<br>Do we expect Abde Sayedna "SHAIKH" Abdul Kader Tyebally say anything. IT WAS HIS SON ABID WHO TOOK UP THE MATTER.<br>

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:48 pm

Br Q,<p>Another abatted with the amil<br>"......You then turned to one Sheikh Moiz Nomanbhoy and asked him whether or not our client had refused to host the Jumat. Moiz Nomanbhoy replied our client had refused to host the Jumat, as he had not paid the S$1000. ....."

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:58 pm

<br>On further reading:<p>.... Before your aide replied, our client interjected and asked him whether he had indeed refused to host the Jumat or had he refused to donate the S$1000. Your aide replied that our client had only refused to pay the S$1000. .....<p>BEFORE the aide could take side Abideen interjected.......I believe Abideen is a Solicitor himself.<br>

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:04 pm

Br Qiyam : These are not isolated incidents- You have heard the saying that "Je Raja chor teni praja pan chor"- Most of these corrupt Amils are not punished any way but transferred to another lucrative positions in another city-My friend reminds me of the case of Saifee Profumo affair amil, Guess what happened to him-Although people beat him kothar he was sent to another city!Most of these amils are spoiled by the luxuries offered to them & become greedy & tyrant just like the administration who sends them!

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:49 pm

In prior discussions Qiyam has claimed that if and when these instances of abuse are brought to the attention of the Dai he has taken "care" of them. Now that it is on the Internet, I'm assuming the Dai has knowledge of the incident and I trust you will keep us informed of the action, when it is taken.<p>Great post Jinx, I am pleasantly surprised that these instances that I grew up around (without "proof") are now making it to the Internet.

Unread post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:58 am

FYI, these corrupt people are caught red handed. These people with no morals are sent by Khotars (Family/representation body of The Dai). These same Amils abuse power for their own personal gain because that is what the Dai-El-Fatimi is promoting indirectly. <p>Observed what Papa 'Dai' is doing with Dawat and you will see exactly how our system is working.<p>Another thread is the story of Toronto Amil misdeeds and for a complete story on the Singapore Amil can be found at http://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/chronicle/jun02/index.htm

Unread post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:03 pm

YES Brother Qiyam. No one is that foolish to get excommunicated by taking on the Dai himself. Even I am not that stupid to get my family and myself excommunicate. Observe what has happened to people like Dr Asghar Ali Engineer..<br>

Unread post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:23 pm

Br Simon<br>In that case I think Ubaydulah Ibn Ziyad (The governor of Kufa) who murdered the Family of Imam Hussein in Karbala was a bad man and Yazid Ibn Muawiyyah who sent him (put him in the position) was a holy man! And according to you I should not lose my Faith in Yazid.

Unread post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:23 pm

That is if u had faith n Yazid in the first place

Unread post by Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:40 pm

"Show me first your penny," (of a brain)<br>Says Simple Simon to the pieman, "Indeed, I have not any."<p>Jinx,<br>I think that you should not fear, why should we be afraid of this mortal.<p>BTW, the amil of TO is being posted Banglore,India.

Unread post by Guest » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:50 am

So thieves get recycled..eh?<p>These guys are a bunch of thug. Disguised as religious personality.<br>

Unread post by Guest » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:33 pm

Must make mention Moiz, Half? -brother of Abideen Tyebally is also a reformist.<p>Shaikh Abdulkader sure must be proud of these two sons.<p>One Shaikh two reformists.<br>Needs to retake his mishaq?

Unread post by Guest » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:10 pm

Bhai Mohammad Husain and all like minded:<p>They are transfered to other lucrative stations because Kothar can't afford to loose them. The reason is very obvious they all share very valuable inside knowledge of Kothar's KALEE KARTOOT.<p>Shiek Zohair (ex Toronto Amil) is now transfered to Banglor.<p>Cheers,

Unread post by Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:04 pm

So Br Qiyam &Simon: Did you get the story right ? These Goonda Daakoo Amils don't get punished-In Kothari Administration they all get promoted to a bigger city because they need such goondas to rule the meek bohras!

Unread post by Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:27 pm

Dear Mhd Hussain,<br>Did you read my example of the amil in Gujarat...from your response..no. A major scholarly amil by the name of Salman bhaisahab was ostercized from three separate jamats. He is currently in San'a Yemen giving sabaqs of Sayedan Hatim Saheb.

Unread post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:59 pm

Br Qiyam: So what good is done by choosing this Amil to teach young children giving moral sabaqs by a man who is not worthy?He should have been degraded to a regular Bohra But I know this Daakoo Salman (As my wife prefers to call him) has lot of connections inside kothari circle!If this is the Same Salman who was Amil in Newyork & CHicago etc I have some stories to tell about him!

Unread post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:32 pm

Dear Mhd. Hussain,<br>Mostly likely it is the same...I also know how knowledgable he is and he faithfulness to the dawat. You may mock him...but he actually keep his own store both in Chicago and New York. You may have bad stories of him...I have just as many good ones. He by far not perfect...but a highly faithful to the Dawat.

Unread post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:44 pm

Br MH,<p>You are very negative.<br>Let's hear the good from Q.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:36 am

Well...these people have 2 face. <p>One for God and one for the community. They will tell this fancy story about Moula and how to do this and that but then another trait that are very common to employee of Dawaat -thievery!

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:41 am

another crazy amil is the one that just left malaysia. he caused a lot of suffering to innocent bohras. he thought he was the dai himself!! he is transfered to mumbai i am told.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:14 pm

Dear Jinx,<br>Yes and no. Some amils are very sincere both to the dawat and the jamat. Some are not. Salman bhaisahab was well known for going to people's house for sabaqs and occassions (like mithaq, nikah, etc)...no money asked, if they were'nt able to come to the markaz. He was known to be very kind to the jamat..both in addressing them and watching over their affairs with the jamat. He was also very staunch when something was wrong. He asked nothing from the Jamat that wasn't required of them...it was the Jamat that just didn't want to follow what was required of them. It was however his continual staunchness on certain issues (like zakat and sabil) that the jamat had him relocated. No one questioned his spirtual direction nor his knowledge.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:03 pm

Br Qiyam: I don't know who told you all the good things about him- On the contrary my friends (reliable) in newyork & chiago tells me that he was hell of a dictator like Idi Amin &cruel in asking as much salams as he could & he had 3 (2 illegal) wives to support!how do you think he has all the real estate in those states? Br Qiyam you make me laugh by your ignorance & too much blinded faith!!!!!!

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:20 pm

Dear Mhd. Hussain,<br>I was a member of the New York and Chicago Jamat during the times of Salman bhaisahab. I visited his house. I think you have too much blind faith in your "reliable" friends. I can tell you personally that the members of these jamats (mostly from india and africa at the time) remember how much easier the jamat was during his times. I also think your "reliable" friends have mixed up him with someone else. I'd check your sources.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:26 pm

Also,<br>Salman bhaisahab married three times...divorced twice. The first two wives didn't have children..so instead of having two or three wives he divorced them.<p>He has never had more than one wife at a time.