Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Social Awareness

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by Social Awareness » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:35 am

yes thats the point when dai mutlaq has been ended and hudud of those time created a system to appoint dai nizaam just to keep the community going, taher saifuddin grabbed it and changed too many things for power.

unfortunately, most elder people are dead now and new Bohras are not interested to know about it.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:56 pm

alivasan wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:28 pm
Humsafar wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 pm

You are mixing up two different concepts of Imamat. One is the Shia/Ismaili/Fatimid chain of Imams who are supposed to be present at all times to guide the believers. The other is the concept of Qiam al Qaim, the Final Imam, the Redeemer who will come at the end of times and bring justice and peace and will defeat the forces of darkness and falsehood. This concept is fundamental to the Shia belief and, it is my understanding that Sunnis also believe in it. This ideology is similar to that of Kalki you refer to, and to the Christ's Second Coming, and is also common in many other traditions.

But here, in the Bohra context, we are NOT talking about Qiam al Qaim. We are talking about the "regular" Imam who is supposed to be here and now guiding us, and keeping the Dai in his place. And obviously, the regular Imam is not around doing his job. The whole discussion is about this Imam and this concept of Imamat. Do not confuse these two distinct concepts.

BTW I'm neither senior nor aged :wink:
interesting distinctions between imam's.."Regular imam" and "qaim imam" who is to come at end...this is new innovation in disputed concept of imamat
After 46th Dai only Dai Nazim is position and sts was crook to hide this truth by replacing with blatant lie of continuity of dai mutlaq. average bohra should gain some wisdom from ancestors. :lol:

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:05 pm

Social Awareness wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am looks like there is a power tussel going on between 3 sons of muffa, such an impotrtant event in Marol and only Hussain was present 2 other changu mangu were not even present.

cant be a coincidence.
ishara dat hussain churanuddin who is youngest of 3 muffa kids will come to power someday when muffa gets fragile and drama of mayo or tisch will unveil like cromwel :lol: l

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 am

yes where there is unlimited money there is always family to fight

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:59 am

I am glad this case was lodged in Indian court, we are getting lot of inside knowledge which was only restricted to jamea students and only one sided story was told by Ustads. When we fence sitters read this we see it from another angle. "So its NOT NASS its a Will" that's an eye opener how this dawat is becoming " Baap ki Jaagir " by this nazim-Dai's

Many times i did write the past Dai's were just Mullah's or Kazi of Masjids who use to lead prayers during Namaz times, now 2 generation down the road they become Syedna's, Pheshwas and Sultans and its all our fault.

How can ordinary bohra who runs behind Rolls Royce yelling Ay Moula Ay Moula and Muffaddal Zindabad will understand :oops: :oops:

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:36 am

people are greedy they are attached to the present dawoodi bohra sect for the following reasons. not necessary that all Bohra considers the present leader as holy or miraculous.

1 Karzan, many Bohra businesses are completely dependent on karzan system and they are in no way able to get loans for their businesses from other sources

2 dabba, yes many Bohras are now lazy ass and they are totally dependent on dabba thali food

3 entry in roza and markaz

4 those who buy titles want to get fake izzat from the community so they stay connected, they have no value in the outer world so they want to continue with the present system

5 marriages of kids are important and they dont see an option in other Muslims sects

these are major points

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:21 am

Social Awareness wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:36 am people are greedy they are attached to the present dawoodi bohra sect for the following reasons. not necessary that all Bohra considers the present leader as holy or miraculous.

1 Karzan, many Bohra businesses are completely dependent on karzan system and they are in no way able to get loans for their businesses from other sources

2 dabba, yes many Bohras are now lazy ass and they are totally dependent on dabba thali food

3 entry in roza and markaz

4 those who buy titles want to get fake izzat from the community so they stay connected, they have no value in the outer world so they want to continue with the present system

5 marriages of kids are important and they dont see an option in other Muslims sects

these are major points
Totally agree

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:59 am

was listening waez of fatemi dawat mazoon, he says akhirat ni fikr karo and dont make big big hawelis and big big motorcade

I think he forgot he lives in alishaan haveli and drives mercedes and audi. :lol: holds great huge property in USA

I dont know how do these people lie with straight faces.

muffa and his all brothers taheri gang are liars of greatest order

hypocrites

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:08 am

bewe leader zikr Ali ni kare che, zindagi muawiya ni jiwe che

Taher should donate every thing to his community member, live in a simple 1 room kitchen and then talk about Imam Ali, tyaare khabar pade.

haveli maa rahine bija ne updesh naa apay

I judge the book by its content and not by its cover.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:35 am

Is he trying to say that Muffa is gaam ni foi baa and he cant keep any thing in his stomach thats why burhanuddin never told him about nass? :lol:

waez is like a movie very funny, most about the muffa and his blunders
Attachments
document_6302953636041329714.mp4
(35.78 MiB) Downloaded 203 times

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:09 am

Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm

was skipping through this video and came across an interesting idea at the 33 minute mark. The prophet (ﷺ) is an angel sent down in the form of a human so that he could communicate with us humans.

I stopped listening after that.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:45 am

yes, because ultimately he was trying to prove that his leader is also an angel, they always speak like that to ultimately prove their own leaders in holy way.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:38 am

Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:

I am actually surprised to this one, he looked really frustrated and this is the first time I saw some one using this kind of words,

even the "farela" on this forum dont use such language :lol: :lol: :lol:

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:30 am

anajmi wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm
was skipping through this video and came across an interesting idea at the 33 minute mark. The prophet (ﷺ) is an angel sent down in the form of a human so that he could communicate with us humans.

Why did you stop listening ? Did you not believe that The prophet (SAW) as an angel in form of human. I believe all prophets 1,240,000 were angel's in form of humans, its mentioned in holy Qu'ran that Rasullah SAW was born from Noor of Allah, the miracle birth of Esaah Nabi AS which of the Niham'at of Allah SWT will you deny.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:45 am

allbird wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:30 am
anajmi wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Why did you stop listening ? Did you not believe that The prophet (SAW) as an angel in form of human. I believe all prophets 1,240,000 were angel's in form of humans, its mentioned in holy Qu'ran that Rasullah SAW was born from Noor of Allah, the miracle birth of Esaah Nabi AS which of the Niham'at of Allah SWT will you deny.
No prophets were angels, creating by Noor doesn't mean they were angels, Humans are above angels.

this dude was trying to call his leader angel with an agenda.

﴿قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَٰهُكُمْ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَاسْتَقِيمُوا إِلَيْهِ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوهُ ۗ وَوَيْلٌ لِّلْمُشْرِكِينَ﴾
[ فصلت: 6]

English - Sahih International
Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allah -

but yes prophets are above the humans with intellectual and fazl from Allah, they have more close relation with Allah and that makes them superior to other Humans.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:53 am

Social Awareness wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:09 am Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:
can u plz tell at which point, did he say that
the time line, if u have heard the full video
time consuming and have no patience for it.
thanks

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:57 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:53 am
Social Awareness wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:09 am Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:
thanks
listen after 1.30 hrs whole thing is about MS, dont have time to listen again to get the exact time.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:41 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:53 am
thanks
Ok I got the time for you

1:58 to 2:05

listen

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 am

heard from my mom she was in Mumbai on 27th that when muffa was speaking about court case his mike got cut off and he was not allowed to speak on broadcast. only people around him were able to hear what he said.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:01 am

Social Awareness wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:38 am Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:

I am actually surprised to this one, he looked really frustrated and this is the first time I saw some one using this kind of words,

Can you please point out exactly (exact time) where he says these exact words? It is a long waiz, so that would help ...

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:18 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:01 am
Social Awareness wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:38 am Muffa is gutter maa padelo darudyo - says mazoon of fatemi dawat :shock:

Can you please point out exactly (exact time) where he says these exact words? It is a long waiz, so that would help ...

listen

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:14 am

Social Awareness wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:18 am
dal-chaval-palidu wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:01 am

listen
I listened to it. I certainly did not hear what you are claiming. Specifically it is at 2 hours, 2 minutes and about 40 seconds. For a minute before that, he (Mazoom of FD) is talking about alcohol and how it is a sin, and then he says that those who drink alcohol are "utter ma parelo daruriyo". He is not talking of MS BS since at least two minutes before. Either you are mistaken or it is deliberate. If it is deliberate, it is highly specious of you to ascribe such words to him, when he is not saying that. It is unfair to him.

Having said that, I will mention a couple of things.
  • people who drink alcohol, using such words for them is also not nice, nor accurate. Leave it to Allah to decide. I don't agree with that kind of phrase.

And, he is quite angry at times, and that really is not helping his cause. It actually takes away from his message. That is not the way he is likely to win over anybody

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:56 am

DCP he is talking about MS and it is clear as he is talking about him for last 1 hour.

it is obvious he will not take a direct name or he will be lynched on the same day. I am sure you are not a kid and can understand it well. it is clear what he is talking about.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 am

Social Awareness wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 am heard from my mom she was in Mumbai on 27th that when muffa was speaking about court case his mike got cut off and he was not allowed to speak on broadcast. only people around him were able to hear what he said.
you are talking about whom?
MS was in karbala on 27th rajab, and he gave waaz there.

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:23 am

qutub_mamajiwala wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 am
Social Awareness wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 am heard from my mom she was in Mumbai on 27th that when muffa was speaking about court case his mike got cut off and he was not allowed to speak on broadcast. only people around him were able to hear what he said.
you are talking about whom?
MS was in karbala on 27th rajab, and he gave waaz there.

marol jamea opening day was some waez for Mumbai area only. not 27th corrected

juzer esmail

Unread post by juzer esmail » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:40 am

*succession case of the Dawoodi Bohra community*

In the Hon Bombay High Court. The case has now reached a very crucial stage as the plaintiff and defendant have closed their arguments. Starting 1st March, the plaintiff will start with the final set of counterarguments before the bench. 

Below are the next dates and timing for your easy reference.

Wednesday 01st March – 4:30 PM to 6:30PM
Thursday 02nd March -  4:30 PM to 6:30PM
Friday 03rd March - 4:30 PM to 6:30PM
Wednesday – 08th March – 4:30PM to 6:30PM
Thursday – 09th March – 4:30PM to 6:30PM
Friday – 10th March – 4:30PM to 6:30PM

You can also visit Courtroom number 24 to hear the case or you can login to Zoom via below details to hear the case live.

Meeting ID: 202 222 4242
Passcode: 2722

Do let us know if you want to speak with the plaintiff lawyers and spokesperson, we will be happy to arrange the same.

Thank you, Gautam from Pitchfork Partners

Social Awareness

Unread post by Social Awareness » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:33 am

Mumbai: The last leg of the Syedna succession case hearing is all set to commence on March 1 in the Bombay high court. According to Justice Gautam Patel, who has been hearing the case since it was filed in 2014 by Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin, the hearing should be completed by the end of the month and the judgement will be pronounced in due course.

HT Image
HT Image
While the HC will be deciding on the issue of whether Syedna Qutbuddin’s claim that his half-brother, the 52nd Dai who passed away in 2014, had conferred a secret nass (divinely inspired appointment) on him in 1965, a dive into the history of the Dawoodi Bohra community reveals that conferment of nass has been a contentious issue since the 16th century. There have been multiple splits and the emergence of different factions on account of this, and even today, the Dai (head) of each faction avers that he is guided by the divine inspiration of the Imam in seclusion.

The period between 1597 and 1621 saw multiple splits in the Bohra community, which resulted in the formation of three major factions. The splits were purportedly on the question of Daiship, which is also the issue being heard by the HC. The suit filed by Syedna Qutbuddin, and continued by his son Syedna Taher Fakhruddin after the demise of the former in 2016, has challenged the Daiship of Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin who currently heads the Dawoodi Bohra community across the world as the Dai-al-Mutlaq.

The first split in the Bohra community occurred in 1597, resulting in the formation of the Sulaimani Bohra faction, which believes that Syedna Sulaiman bin Hasan, the grandson of the 24th Dai, was the 27th Dai. However, as the majority of Bohras in India accepted Syedna Dawood bin Qutubshah as the 27th Dai, they came to be known as Dawoodi Bohras.

In 1621, the second split occurred after a disagreement ensued on who was the successor of the 28th Dai. While the majority accepted Syedna Abduttayyeb Zakiuddin as the 29th Dai, a group believed Syedna Ali bin Ibrahim to be the successor and followed him. The break-away faction came to be known as the Alavi Bohras. Incidentally, the founding Dais of all three factions are buried in the same graveyard at Ahmedabad.

Interestingly, there have been three more instances of splits in the Dawoodi Bohra community after 1621. The first among them was in 1754 after the demise of the 39th Dai, Syedna Ebrahim Wajiuddin. The breakaway faction came to be known as the Hebtiah Bohras after Ismail bin Abdur Rasool broke away from the majority community which followed Syedna Hebatullah-il-Moayed. The name Hebtiah could be based on the name of Ismail’s son, Hebatullah. Though not much information is available about this faction, its adherents are believed to be concentrated in Ujjain.

The next split occurred after the death of Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin, the 46th Dai of the Dawoodi Bohra community in 1891. The breakaway group was headed by Maulana Abdul Hussain Jivaji and came to be known as the Atba-i-Malak, as its followers believed that as the 46th Dai had passed away without appointing his successor, the system of Daiship was disbanded. However, the majority Dawoodi Bohra community accepted the Daiship of Syedna Abdul Kadir Najmuddin who was the mazoon (second in command) of the 46th Dai.

The Atba-i-Malak group formed in 1891 further split into two groups, namely Atba-i-Malak Badar and Atba-i-Malak Vakil. Though comprising a miniscule percentage of the overall Bohra community, both groups are based in Nagpur and have followers all over India.

All the above splinter groups, however, have almost similar beliefs with regards to the Imamate and other religious tenets; the only difference is that of the Dai. Each group has its own Dai who appoints his successor based on the inspiration by the secluded Imam.

Incidentally, before the major split between 1597 and 1621, there was another split in the Bohra community in Patan, Gujarat, which was led by Jafar Patani, who gave up Mostali Tayyebi Bohra beliefs and converted to Sunnism in 1538. This group came to be known as the Jafari Bohras, which was later changed to Jafari Vohras. The followers, now known as Sunni Vohras, are found mostly in Karachi but there are some in India as well. However, this split is the only one which is not due to the Daiship issue.

Another group called the Hujumiya revolted against the 33rd Dai, Syedna Feer Khan Shujauddin, in 1657. However, the group did not break away on the question of Daiship; it was unhappy with the way the Dai was conducting the affairs of the community.

Why the splits?

All the splits in the Bohra community have been based on the issue of who was appointed by the Dai as his successor. In the present case in the Bombay HC, the plaintiffs Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin and later his son Syedna Taher Fakhruddin maintained that as per Dawoodi Bohra tenets, the Dai names his successor based on inspiration from the secluded Imam, and as both the Imam and the Dai are infallible, once a successor is named or appointed, whether openly or in secret, the name cannot be changed.

The original plaintiff Syedna Qutbuddin claimed that as the 52nd Dai had conferred nass on him in December 1965 and was told to keep it a secret, after the demise of the 52nd Dai in January 2014, he was the rightful successor but the current Dai and defendant in the HC case, Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, wrongly claimed the position for himself.

However, the counsel for the defendant informed the HC that there were instances of nass being revoked and changed by previous Dais. Senior advocate Fredun Di’Vitre cited relevant passages from authoritative books of the Bohra community, where the authors had refuted the claims of the Sulaimani and Alavi Bohra groups and stated that revocation of nass was an accepted norm in the community.