Conversion

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
confused25392

Conversion

Unread post by confused25392 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Dear all,

I want to know the exact process that I need to undergo to convert to enter the wonderful manifolds of the Dawoodi Bohras. I am a Sunni and have been reading a LOT about the community lately. My parents are free thinkers and have never interfered into any of my decisions, both professional and personal. I would be lying if I say that I love everything in the community, there are certain things like Female circumcision that freak the day lights out of me. But apart from these things, I love the progressive attitude and the forward looking thinking of the community in large. I am from Bombay and my parents have given me their consent for the same. I have read about the misaq and what it is. But no one really said how exactly does a person in my situation has to go about it. My parents are busy people so they cannot really help me in this and I do not know any bohri people to put in their sources. So, can someone please please elaborate in a detailed fashion as to how do I go about it? And what do I tell the various people I meet and etc etc etc.

Thank you.
P.S: This website is wonderful

anajmi

Re: Conversion

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Go to the wholesale store and buy a carton of envelopes. They will greatly simplify your entry in to the wonderful manifolds of Dawoodi Bohras. Fill them up with money and go to Saifee Mahal and hand them over. You will then become a wonderful Dawoodi Bohra.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:09 pm

P.S: This website is wonderful
Bhai, you just ruined your chances, to become dawoodi bohra and if you live in Mumbaim you can visit the office of Shiat Ali in Dongri and they may help you or go to any Bohra Masjid and ask to see the Aamil and he can guide you but PLEASE DO NOT EVER SAY THAT SOME BODY FROM PROGRESSIVE WEBSITE GAVE YOU THIS IDEA AND YOU ARE VISITING THIS FORUM OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET COLD RECEPTION
welcome to dawoodi bohra faith and with dua and barakat of our shafiq bawa TUS you are coming to right path
Are you converting because of love of a bohra girl or want to to marry a bohra girl? or you really in love with our Dai TUS

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 pm

anajmi wrote:Go to the wholesale store and buy a carton of envelopes. They will greatly simplify your entry in to the wonderful manifolds of Dawoodi Bohras. Fill them up with money and go to Saifee Mahal and hand them over. You will then become a wonderful Dawoodi Bohra.
Anajmibhai your jamaat has not caught up with times, for this case zinger is right one thing is free ie envelopes are free, zilch, zero, muft , opposite of Muffy, bure, .....nothing , non, 0,

in ramazan they gave free envelopes, names and amount noted on them including my registration number. Therefore I could not do dagabazii. The stuff we swear in misaq. Thought many times raiding my kids monopoly money ! Thank God I did not try when I gave the envelopes the clerk sheikh opened it in front of me to make sure it is filled with the correct amount.

Any smart ass abde before you bash me up , I think stealing from the crooks is not bad! If I could I would try being robin hood which is even better.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 am

Dawoodi bohra is a non proselytizing religion like judaism , it means that since the imam is absent dawah to non muslims \ muslims is discouraged . You have to be born as a DB or marry a DB spouse to enter its fold.
And i know you are here to pull the legs of the BOVINE DB

confused25392

Unread post by confused25392 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:11 am

@ anajmi: You have scared the daylights outta me. My family is a strict middle class one. And money is definitely an issue, atleast the amount that you project with the "carton of envelopes" . But honestly, come one, there are screw ups everywhere. Its easier to spot them.

@abde: Hey, you said, I just ruined my chance. Can you tell how?! I was a bit lost when I read it. Are progressive websites hated so much?! And no, it isn't because of love. I was just fascinated with certain things. One the understanding of the Quran which says that there is an inner meaning and the outer meaning to it and only the Dais get the inner meaning. I somehow, always felt this right from the childhood. Probably this draws me towards the community.

@Bohra spring: I did not get what you meant to say, but thanks regardless. I am still unaware of all the religious terms used by all of you. Would take a while to get to know it.

Also, @anajmi: There has to be a simpler way. There HAS to be one. One which doesn't involve money. You said "hand them over". It is the them that I want to know more about. Like, I need the exact roadmap. Like approach him, tell him this, dont tell him that, tell him this this..I need those sort of directions..somewhat on the lines of what @Abde said..like go to the mosque and all.

But I need concrete directions. If some of you could help me! Best regards!

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 am

go to any bohra aamil or badri mahal ull get guidence,this site is owned and run by dai's enemies,,,,here ull not get any guidance,provided u r really serious......what u read here has nothing to do with truth,

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 am

Confused take time to read this site option a don't ask for the sake of asking .

Option b why do you want to become a bohra! You should be concerned that you want to become a Muslim . Bohra is supposed to be a society within Islam

Option c you want to follow Ismaili ideology the you can become a PDB or a Burhani DB

If you want to be a BDB the as guy says you can go to their Amil and they have their site so go there and find out what they do try asking them why they o what they do.

If you want to be PDB then this is one element of it which is give kothar an uneasy ride and speak for the silent. That is why I am here.

Option d you can be in both camps and enjoy the best of both worlds!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 am

Do not waste time brothers
confused25392 could be our ever returning buddy. He regularly returns with new nick. He has fun and some of you go tizzy.
Time to get out of bed for Fajr.
Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:37 am

confused,

No one in his or her right mind would want to become bohra because the Quran has hidden meaning and only the Dai has it. You are not going to get this hidden meaning from the Dai unless you become a complete abde idiot like pesticide and Adam on this board, and even then you would get hammered by people like me who have no access to this hidden meaning. The best thing that happened to me was to get out of this pagan cult and you want me to give you directions to get into it?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:55 am

anajmi wrote:Go to the wholesale store and buy a carton of envelopes. They will greatly simplify your entry in to the wonderful manifolds of Dawoodi Bohras. Fill them up with money and go to Saifee Mahal and hand them over. You will then become a wonderful Dawoodi Bohra.
i would also add that you get hundreds of photos made of your bare backside, as per practice followed by all abdes (an enthusiastic member of this forum known as zinger can advise you better on this) and enclose one in every envelope alongwith fakhir rakams, i.e. generous amounts of money. this will endear you to the bohra religious hierarchy and inform them of your intentions - your flexibility, your enthusiasm in accepting our deen e ilahi and spirit of servitude.

and of course, you will need to do the following to be accepted as a full member of the abdesyedna cult.

1. get atleast a half dozen kurta/saya/hijars, topis, dhadhi - the longer and untrimmed the better
2. get a second khatna done on yourself. your sunni khatna is not enough, bohras donate their khatna outcomes to have jootis made for their syedna
3 strengthen your back muscles and legs as you will be doing sajda-e-ubuddiya-taqriman-wa-taaziman very frequently to syedna and his entire family
4. have an employer that will grant you ten days leave in moharram, or be prepared to leave your job or be fired
5. you will have to fund the syedna's family, their travels, food, accomodation, clothes, lifestyle etc, all at 7 star hotel levels without question throughout your distinguished life as an abde bohra
6. when you get married your wife will have to be circumcised and then all your daughters too
7. you cannot pray namaaz in any masjid/markaz's except the bohra ones. if you do, your namaaz is invalid
8. you should eagerly look forward to travelling wherever syedna goes, esp. on moharram vaez's. it is all great fun as syedna chooses exotic locations every year, besides the religious aspect enjoyment can be had experiencing new cultures, cuisines, shopping and free food + accomodation at the vaez locations. of course the type and level of accomodation depends on your wilful participation in all the above. remember envelopes and fakhir najwas?
9. all members of our syedna's family are divine. even a 2 year old requires proper obesiance and stuffed enevelopes (with your posterior photo of course). the sooner you acquiesce to this fact the better
10. since you will soon be a new bohra, you might require a flak jacket to protect your chest in the initial stages. you see, as a bohra you will be doing a lot of maatam atleast 5-6 times in a day, which involves wild and uncontrolled beating of your chest, flailing of arms, screaming, wailing and sobbing, with or without copious amounts of tears. of course relief is soon obtained, as post maatam, labrez food is served for which bohras are well reputed.
11. after ten days of ashura another activity brings tremendous mental and spiritual relief for abde bohras and their leadership and you should make plans to join in. i.e. apply for additional leave from work, acquire a high powered rifle and suitable clothes to match, as you can accompany our dai's and their family on shikar trips where you can bag lions, elephants, buffalo etc. coming immediately on the heels of ashura, this will make a man out of you and prove to imam hussain, whom we mourn, that you are capable of taking on the zaalims of kerbala

i suggest that you begin with these few directives, other instructions will follow once you are converted. i and my fellow members on this forum will unstintingly advise and support you in your noble intention of seeking the path to true salvation as an abde bohra.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 am

"get a second khatna done on yourself. your sunni khatna is not enough, bohras donate their khatna outcomes to have jootis made for their syedna "

It is sad that AZ resorts to such language an Admin allows it.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:20 am

mnoorani wrote:"get a second khatna done on yourself. your sunni khatna is not enough, bohras donate their khatna outcomes to have jootis made for their syedna "

It is sad that AZ resorts to such language an Admin allows it.
This is oft repeated rejoinder to Abdes oft repeated devotional slogan that thy are willing to shed their 'Khal' for Maulana Saheb's pvitra jutaas.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 pm

confused25392 wrote: And no, it isn't because of love. I was just fascinated with certain things.
Please elaborate on the above so that others can give you their personal opinions on it because from your post it seems that it is not much of a religious and spiritual inclination that draws you to the bohra fold but its more of the outwardly aspects of bohra fold.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 pm

confused,

we are eager to know the outcome of our advice, did u muster up the courage to take the plunge and become a burhani abde?