Taxes and Payments throughout the year

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
taara

Taxes and Payments throughout the year

Unread post by taara » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 pm

I get confused by all the various amounts that are collected from bohris - there is wajebaat, sabil, najwas, salaams, silafitr, etc. Can anyone here list out all the different amounts collected throughout the year, what purpose the collection is for, whether it is voluntary or mandatory? Thanks in advance!

Invictius

Re: Taxes and Payments throughout the year

Unread post by Invictius » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:20 am

Nothing is compulsory, and you will not be ex-communicated or shunned from society if you do not contribute. Also, it is not a tax. Wajebaat is mandatory as it forms the zakaat.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:57 am

Agreed wajebaat is mandatory as it form zakaat and zakaat are used for the well being of our community especially for poor and needy now you tell does the needy really get help even after facing so much humiliation?

Bro Invictius if our wajebaat which also consider as so called zakaat and all the other n numbers of taxes are used in gentle and honest way m 100% percent sure our dai would not be having such kind of extravagant life styles and so as our amils n theirs chamcha, this is clearly an eye opener and for us to think how our dais had become multi billionaire without doing business.

bro invictius please dont argue for the sake of argue just give yourself some time and think on this n am sure if you are smart you will definitely get some light.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am

Ref: Sabil-ul-Khaire-Wal-Barakat

Your so called religious administrators should be ashamed of asking the hard working Dawoodi Bohras to contribute to your theft. The LA district Attorney is being informed by my council informing them of the conspiracy and mixing the law of the state with law of your organization. I am surprised at the obnoxious amount that Anjuman-e-Burhanee, Los Angeles is asking of its faithful. It seems like the organization wants members to borrow money against their credit card and pay interest to meet their objective, even though they know that paying interest is not Kosher in the Sharia. You are indirectly telling the die-hards that paying this obnoxious $ 3,000 is more important than violating the sharia of not paying interest.

I do not know if you know or not but it is illegal to ask money from followers of a faith to subscribe to money that will be laundered to the organization’s leaders of the community in India. Your name is also being forwarded as a co-conspirator to the human rights and the State Attorney General Kamla Harris for promoting Female Genital Mutilation and carrying this activity with innocent young girls and forcing their parents to subscribe to your diktats

You know what has happened in Australia to a member of your organization when he and a lady Bohra doctor and a mid wife were arrested and the West Hills police are being informed of your activity. In addition I have asked my attorney to file a notice with the IRS informing them about the unethical activities carried out by your organization and ensure that your Tax exempt status is revoked.

It seems like your organization is not satisfied with milking the poor followers with undue pressure of ex communication and other social boycott activities and trying to exhort from individuals like me to pay a heavy price for getting a piece of land 6'x2' for my father's burial and as a sane individual used the auspices of the Ishnasiri Shia Muslims, with the help of my Iranian neighbor. Also as a sane individual, I decided to give a translation of the Misak to my 16 year old, a senior next year at a prestigious Ivy School, asked him if wanted to go through the ritual and after he read the translation, He said dad I am no stupid guy who will follow this ritual in blind faith. Even some of the off-springs of the members of Jamat who are at school with my son, concur with him, but because of their respect of their parents went through the rituals and regret it. As a family we have incurred a huge debt with a student loan. My first obligation is to pay off his student loan instead of paying this insane tax, which is not going to be used for the welfare of the followers in Los Angeles, but will go into the treasury of the Priesthood in India.

It seems like the Dawoodi Bohra Organization under the assumed leadership of Muffadal Saifuddin is bent on bilking the community to pay for his leisure villas in Zambia and kill Living beings ( Elephant) to fulfill his personal pleasure of seeing blood of the animals. It seems that his thirst of blood has not been quenched after the blood he and his cronies have sucked of the followers of the faith since his illegal accession to the seat of the Head Priest. By this mail, I have informed all members of the local congregation that falls under the local Chapter of both the Los Angeles and Orange County chapter that this threat should be registered with the local Police and Sheriff in Los Angeles county. I will ensure my attorney will file a complaint on behalf of several followers of the Dawoodi Bohra Faith who reside in the Los Angeles and Ventura county

Best Regards:

A Concerned Bohras

TO: Anjuman-e-Burhanee Members 23653 Gerrad Way | West Hills, Ca. 91307

Sabil-ul-Khaire-Wal-Barakat

Afzalus-Salaam

Sabil-ul-Khaire-wal-barakat is one of the Hasanaats of Syedi-wa-Moulai Abdul Qadir Hakimuddin A.Q. to organize and finance the day-to-day running of the Jamaat activities and functions. It really helps the Jamaat operate more efficiently when members pay full Sabil on time.

The Sabil for Anjuman-e-Burhanee, Los Angeles is $3,000.00 per calendar year, that is, from January to December 2014.

Jamaat expenses have increased significantly over the last few years, specially with the construction of the Masjid. Although Masjid Iftetah has not occurred, there are expenses that have increased, such as, utilities and maintenance. This has resulted in an increase in Sabeel for all Mumineen of the Jamaat.

The Board of Directors of Anjuman-e-Burhanee request you to please promptly pay the Sabil or provide installment checks. If you have any questions, please call me at (818)348-5661.

Wassalaam

Abde Syedna (TUS)
Saifuddin mogri

taara

Unread post by taara » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for sharing this. So all of these are collected in the form of wajebaat and this is collected in ramadan?

And then there is sabeel for the running of the jamaat. This is also collected during ramadan, correct?

What about the najwas. Are they essentially the same as salaams?

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Invictius wrote:Nothing is compulsory, and you will not be ex-communicated or shunned from society if you do not contribute. Also, it is not a tax. Wajebaat is mandatory as it forms the zakaat.
It is a forced tax by kothar. They extort money in the name of religion and live a luxurious life from our hard earned money. If people oppose such imposition of tax by the kothar, the Amil of the area scolds, humiliates and stops raza for any kind of ceremonies of the family, including burial.

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 am

Rebel wrote:
Invictius wrote:Nothing is compulsory, and you will not be ex-communicated or shunned from society if you do not contribute. Also, it is not a tax. Wajebaat is mandatory as it forms the zakaat.
It is a forced tax by kothar. They extort money in the name of religion and live a luxurious life from our hard earned money. If people oppose such imposition of tax by the kothar, the Amil of the area scolds, humiliates and stops raza for any kind of ceremonies of the family, including burial.
Rubbish. NOTHING is forced. Not a single penny is forced. Why is it always about money for you people?
Look at our community today- people who have contributed immense amounts to dawat are flourishing today. They have not gotten poorer neither have they been dissatisfied. Even people of the middle and lower income groups who have willingly contributed to dawat have only grown leaps and bounds in their businesses. NO ONE HAS LOST OUT OR FELT CHEATED AFTER CONTRIBUTING. You can keep your hard earned money to yourself. The community will continue to flourish without you.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:28 am

Invictius wrote:
Rebel wrote: It is a forced tax by kothar. They extort money in the name of religion and live a luxurious life from our hard earned money. If people oppose such imposition of tax by the kothar, the Amil of the area scolds, humiliates and stops raza for any kind of ceremonies of the family, including burial.
Rubbish. NOTHING is forced. Not a single penny is forced. Why is it always about money for you people?
Sirji, which world r u living? come outside the kothar or Aamil's chamcha world then you will come to know that each and every single penny is forced.

Look at our community today- people who have contributed immense amounts to dawat are flourishing today. They have not gotten poorer neither have they been dissatisfied. Even people of the middle and lower income groups who have willingly contributed to dawat have only grown leaps and bounds in their businesses.
Do you mean those who are giving immense wealth are flourishing, rest who dont are not? Is their any connection between money and Allah (who give us rigz)? Mr. Invictius there are few of my of relatives/friends (BLIND FOLLOWERS) as an instance who are giving money more than their capacity but instead of growing they are loosing and you know what is the reason. Simple reason is either they dont know how to do business OR make wrong decisions. So dont give reason just because they are paying immense wealth they are gaining.

NO ONE HAS LOST OUT OR FELT CHEATED AFTER CONTRIBUTING. You can keep your hard earned money to yourself. The community will continue to flourish without you.

The only one who flourish are Qasre-Aali and Aamil and their Chamchas thats too from poor Abdes money.

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:10 am

Invictius

by your above post I really am surprised how people think that money is the only way to keep Allah happy and money is the only parameter to judge success and happiness of people.

In our bayans we have heard that Maula Ali was very poor on money front by this it should mean that he was not the righteous. Its also heard that Muwaiyah was very rich on money should this mean he was righteous.

Again think of the progress the bohra's have made in the last 50years compare to the wealth the world has made in the same time. there have been numerous entrepreneurs who have earned leaps and bounds in very short time. lets all find out which charity do these people pay their money as that seems give back wonderful returns.