EID UL FITR MUBARAK

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM
Posts: 6242
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#1

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Wish everyone a blessed Eid Ul Fitr Mubarak
May Allaha help us unite Ummah and our community.

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#2

Unread post by MMH » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm

SBM wrote:Wish everyone a blessed Eid Ul Fitr Mubarak
May Allaha help us unite Ummah and our community.

Wishing you and your family a very peaceful and blessed EId Ul Fitr.

talibeilm
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#3

Unread post by talibeilm » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 pm

WISHING A VERY HAPPY & JOYOUS EID-UL -FITR TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM

AmmarHussaini
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#4

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Happy EID to all muslims,

but I am not really happy with the community state, today I went for khutba namaz and I am so sad to see the condition of people, before khutba amil asked to give 2 covers of salaam, one for Imaam and other for Mufaddal, and to my surprise every one stood up and gave away money happily, just me, my dad and one more kid didnt put any money in collectors jhola. (we preferred to give cover to khadim of our masjid)

until people stop giving away money to kothar there is little hope for this community.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#5

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 am

Eid Mubarak to all my brothers.

From a speech " Expect the unexpected more than what you expect the expected". Never despair.

fustrate_Bohra
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#6

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:04 am

Eid-ul-Fitr mubarak to all the forum members.

Nafisa
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#7

Unread post by Nafisa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 am

Dear Forum Members & Readers
As Salaam u Alaikum & Eid Mubarak
I have got the following letter from one of the leading Muslim mailing groups, drafted by a Bohra Scholar of high repute, which contains a perfect message of the occasion. I hope readers would appreciate it without prejudice.
Nafisa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Brothers and Respected Sisters
As Salaamu Alaiykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Eid al Fitr Mubarak

On the departure of Ramadan, Muslim Ummah thanks Allah for giving them the will, the Quwat and the Tawfiq to observe Siyaam and obey His Ahkaam during the 30 days fixed period of Ramadan. This 30 days long special Sufrah of Maedah may be over but perpetual spring of Barakat will never cease for the seekers of the Najaat. Eid is a day of great rejoicing, but the Jahil from the religion are spending these days in profligacy, in committing sins in the following of the people of other nations. The Eid in Islam is not a festival of luxurious feasts and carnivals of joy, but it is an opportunity in which one should share with underprivileged class with generosity to earn pleasure of Allah. The doors of Maghfirat are kept open on Eid days.

A true devotee should reflect on the legacy of Rasulullah(S) and his ‘itrat Tahera,(Ahl al Bait) that we have received in the form of collection of Duas, dynamic Talim and explanation of the Shariah according to which we are required to mold our daily Muamlaat-behavior. This is how our worldly life becomes meaningful and an atmosphere of peace and prosperity prevails. Amir al Mumineen Ali ibn Abi Talib (A.S.) says in conformation of the meaning of Eid:
“Indeed the Eid is for those whose Siyaam has been accepted by Allah and whose Qiyaam-ibadah has been appreciated, and every day in which Allah has not been disobeyed is Eid.”
In other words a true Muslim, whatever the month or days of the year, is never uncaring to social, political, economic and cultural issues of the Ummah, especially those crying under Zionist oppression in the occupied and usurped land of Al Quds, Palestine. Those being brutally killed by Israeli-US supported ISIS Shait’an forces of confirmed terrorists in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and those being suppressed in Bahrain by the tyrant rule, those being martyred in Masajid and Husainiyyas in Pakistan by Shait’an terrorists masked as Muslims, and those in other parts of the world who being terrorized by the Zalimeen.

This is what we learn from the exemplary life of Amir al Mumineen Ali (A.S.), who taught us the correct way of observing Eid, and who was finally drunk cup of Shahadat on 19th Ramadan in the defense of Islam and humanitarian values, while engaged in Salaat in the Mehrab of Masjid al Kufa. Historians have unanimously agreed that Ali al Murtaza (A.S.) was killed for his insistence on absolute Justice without any compromise on basic principles. And history confirms what an Exemplary Ruler he was! Ali personified peace and justice and his portrait used to hang in the halls of the Christian knights of the Byzantine Empire as the sign of chivalry.

Let us make the Eid atmosphere more joyful by focusing on the advice by Amir al Mumineen Ali (A.S.) to his elder son Al Imam al Hasan al Mujtaba (A.S.):
“My son! Learn four things from me and through them you will learn four more. If you keep them in mind your actions will not bring any harm to you.
i). The greatest wealth is wisdom;
ii). The greatest poverty is foolishness;
iii). The worst unsocial character is pride and self-glorification;
iv). The noblest descent is through the excellence of morals.
“The next four things, my son, are:
i).Do not makes friendship with a fool because when he tries to do you good he will harm you;
ii). Do not make a miser your friend because he will run away from you at the time of need;
iii). Do not be friendly with a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest price;
iv). Do not make friend of a liar because like a fantasy he will make you visualize very near the things which are at a great distance and will make you see at the great distance the things which are near to you.”

Last but not least, it is my sincere advice to you to read “Nahj ul Balagha”, Inshallah you will get perls of divine wisdom from it. I am concluding Tehniyyaat al Eid al Fitr on the Imami Dua of Eid, in which Imam Ali ibn al Husain (A.S.) says:
“Ya Moulaya Allah’humma La Taqalibni Min Muzey’i Hazal Yawma illa Wa’qad Ghafarta Li Jami’a Zunubi Bi’Hawlika wa Quwatika wa Min’nika wa Ra’fatika”
(O my Moula! O Allah! Do not transfer me from this place (world) but in a condition that You have forgiven all my sins with Your power and command and Naimah and affection), A’ameen.

‘iltimas ad Dua & Best Regards
Qazi Dr. Shaikh Abbas Borhany (Min Aal al Valid)
PhD (USA), NDI, Shahadat al Aalamiyah (Najaf, Iraq), M.A, LLM (Shariah)
Mushir: Fed. Shariat Court of Pakistan
Member, Ulama Council of Pakistan
The Writer is Attorney at Law & Religious Scholar
Email: qazishkborhany@hotmail.com
Website: www.durrenajaf.com
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fatemistudies
Subscription for Updates: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/durrenajaf/
Cure-Problems: http://www.durrenajaf.com/spritual_center.php
Live Ziyarat of Najaf & Karbala : http://www.durrenajaf.com/live-from-al-atabaat.php...

Akhtiar Wahid
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#8

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:51 am

Eid ul Fitr Mubarak doston,

zaharaali302
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#9

Unread post by zaharaali302 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 am

Eid Mubarak Dear forum Members

Fateh
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:25 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#10

Unread post by Fateh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 am

Nafisa wrote:Dear Forum Members & Readers
As Salaam u Alaikum & Eid Mubarak
I have got the following letter from one of the leading Muslim mailing groups, drafted by a Bohra Scholar of high repute, which contains a perfect message of the occasion. I hope readers would appreciate it without prejudice.
Nafisa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Brothers and Respected Sisters
As Salaamu Alaiykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Eid al Fitr Mubarak

On the departure of Ramadan, Muslim Ummah thanks Allah for giving them the will, the Quwat and the Tawfiq to observe Siyaam and obey His Ahkaam during the 30 days fixed period of Ramadan. This 30 days long special Sufrah of Maedah may be over but perpetual spring of Barakat will never cease for the seekers of the Najaat. Eid is a day of great rejoicing, but the Jahil from the religion are spending these days in profligacy, in committing sins in the following of the people of other nations. The Eid in Islam is not a festival of luxurious feasts and carnivals of joy, but it is an opportunity in which one should share with underprivileged class with generosity to earn pleasure of Allah. The doors of Maghfirat are kept open on Eid days.

A true devotee should reflect on the legacy of Rasulullah(S) and his ‘itrat Tahera,(Ahl al Bait) that we have received in the form of collection of Duas, dynamic Talim and explanation of the Shariah according to which we are required to mold our daily Muamlaat-behavior. This is how our worldly life becomes meaningful and an atmosphere of peace and prosperity prevails. Amir al Mumineen Ali ibn Abi Talib (A.S.) says in conformation of the meaning of Eid:
“Indeed the Eid is for those whose Siyaam has been accepted by Allah and whose Qiyaam-ibadah has been appreciated, and every day in which Allah has not been disobeyed is Eid.”
In other words a true Muslim, whatever the month or days of the year, is never uncaring to social, political, economic and cultural issues of the Ummah, especially those crying under Zionist oppression in the occupied and usurped land of Al Quds, Palestine. Those being brutally killed by Israeli-US supported ISIS Shait’an forces of confirmed terrorists in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and those being suppressed in Bahrain by the tyrant rule, those being martyred in Masajid and Husainiyyas in Pakistan by Shait’an terrorists masked as Muslims, and those in other parts of the world who being terrorized by the Zalimeen.

This is what we learn from the exemplary life of Amir al Mumineen Ali (A.S.), who taught us the correct way of observing Eid, and who was finally drunk cup of Shahadat on 19th Ramadan in the defense of Islam and humanitarian values, while engaged in Salaat in the Mehrab of Masjid al Kufa. Historians have unanimously agreed that Ali al Murtaza (A.S.) was killed for his insistence on absolute Justice without any compromise on basic principles. And history confirms what an Exemplary Ruler he was! Ali personified peace and justice and his portrait used to hang in the halls of the Christian knights of the Byzantine Empire as the sign of chivalry.

Let us make the Eid atmosphere more joyful by focusing on the advice by Amir al Mumineen Ali (A.S.) to his elder son Al Imam al Hasan al Mujtaba (A.S.):
“My son! Learn four things from me and through them you will learn four more. If you keep them in mind your actions will not bring any harm to you.
i). The greatest wealth is wisdom;
ii). The greatest poverty is foolishness;
iii). The worst unsocial character is pride and self-glorification;
iv). The noblest descent is through the excellence of morals.
“The next four things, my son, are:
i).Do not makes friendship with a fool because when he tries to do you good he will harm you;
ii). Do not make a miser your friend because he will run away from you at the time of need;
iii). Do not be friendly with a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest price;
iv). Do not make friend of a liar because like a fantasy he will make you visualize very near the things which are at a great distance and will make you see at the great distance the things which are near to you.”

Last but not least, it is my sincere advice to you to read “Nahj ul Balagha”, Inshallah you will get perls of divine wisdom from it. I am concluding Tehniyyaat al Eid al Fitr on the Imami Dua of Eid, in which Imam Ali ibn al Husain (A.S.) says:
“Ya Moulaya Allah’humma La Taqalibni Min Muzey’i Hazal Yawma illa Wa’qad Ghafarta Li Jami’a Zunubi Bi’Hawlika wa Quwatika wa Min’nika wa Ra’fatika”
(O my Moula! O Allah! Do not transfer me from this place (world) but in a condition that You have forgiven all my sins with Your power and command and Naimah and affection), A’ameen.

‘iltimas ad Dua & Best Regards
Qazi Dr. Shaikh Abbas Borhany (Min Aal al Valid)
PhD (USA), NDI, Shahadat al Aalamiyah (Najaf, Iraq), M.A, LLM (Shariah)
Mushir: Fed. Shariat Court of Pakistan
Member, Ulama Council of Pakistan
The Writer is Attorney at Law & Religious Scholar
Email: qazishkborhany@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.durrenajaf.com
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fatemistudies
Subscription for Updates: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/durrenajaf/
Cure-Problems: http://www.durrenajaf.com/spritual_center.php
Live Ziyarat of Najaf & Karbala : http://www.durrenajaf.com/live-from-al-atabaat.php...
Thanks Nafisaben for posting such a meaningful & informative mail.Keep going to do so.
I wish you & all the forum members a joyful IDD-MUBARAK.

anajmi
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#11

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 am

Eid Mubarak to all. May this Eid bringing lasting peace in Palestine and everywhere else where Muslims reside.

alam
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#12

Unread post by alam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 am

Eid Mubarak to all of our brothers and sisters in the Islamic world. Let us also observe compassion for those less fortunate than us, for those under throes of trauma and grief on this very day.

Humsafar
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2000 5:01 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#13

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 am

Eid Mubarak everyone. Strive for justice, pray for peace.

way2go
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#14

Unread post by way2go » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am

IDD MUBARAK! To all Forum members...

system5
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#15

Unread post by system5 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 am

IDD Mubarak to all and everyone

think
Posts: 1834
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#16

Unread post by think » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you one and all. My eid would not be complete without wishing you all; the fighers of justice a very happy eid .

accountability
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:01 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#17

Unread post by accountability » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:08 am

Eid Mubarak to all muslim brothers and sisters.

Habeel
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#18

Unread post by Habeel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 pm

EID Mubarak To Everyone. May Allah make us Grateful for the blessings we have.

bohraji
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:01 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#19

Unread post by bohraji » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 pm

EID MUBARAK TO ALL.

Ummul Bani
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:09 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#20

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Wishing all members a Very Happy and Prosperous Eid.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#21

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

I wish you ALL a very happy and peaceful Eid.
May Allah accept your good deeds,
forgive your transgressions and ease
the suffering of all people around the globe.
Eid Mubarak

DisillusionedDB
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#22

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Idd Mubarak to all brothers & sisters. May Allah accept all our rozas and namaaz and absolve us from all our sins.
Sorry for being a day late but as you know Idd day is quite hectic :)

Moiz_Dhaanu
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#23

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 am

Eid Mubarak to everyone ,

Just went over all the news coming out of Palestine, i could not help but feel that this is one of the saddest Eids i have witnessed for a long time for 2 reasons
1)First Eid in my life without Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin(RA),
2) Never have seen so much bloodshed of Muslim Brethren in Ramzan and in Eid (Allah have mercy on Muslim Palestinian Brethren)

Deerseye
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#24

Unread post by Deerseye » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 am

HAPPY IDD
Letter to God
Ya ALLAH
Firstly pls do the needful and stop the hypocrisy n chaos in my bohra community
Secondly , pls stop all Shia Sunni clashes in my country
Thirdly pls bring about about Hindu Muslim unity in India
Fourth but not the least pls stop the bloodshed of Muslims around the WORLD.
GOD replied
For all ur four wishes you only need one miracle my child
LOVE. Period



Wish every mother would just add this one secret ingredient to her every recipe, Idd would be so much nicer.

Saeed al Khair
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#25

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 am

Salaam & Eid Mubarak
Thanks Nafisa Behn, you have posted an informative Eid letter from which I have found a very useful and educational website of a Bohra scholar, Dr. Qazi Shaikh Abbas Borhany.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#26

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Significance of Eid

Eid al-Fitr is celebrated on the first day of the month of Shawwal. Muslims gather in Eidgahs (open spaces) and mosques to thank God for having enabled them to fulfil their Ramzan obligations — seeking of divine proximity through prayers, striving for moral discipline by conquering physical desires, and inculcating a sense of social commitment to the cause of the economically deprived. As an expression of this solidarity, an obligatory aid, zakat al-fitr, is disbursed to the needy before the thanksgiving prayer to ensure that no person remains deprived of happiness on this day of Eid. Zakat al-fitr is not a charity but part of an Islamic entitlement programme promulgated through the last Prophet to alleviate hunger. Every Muslim household has to contribute, for each member, at least 3 kg of rice, wheat, barley or any other staple food.

Eid al-Fitr also marks the beginning of the 11-month break (fitr) from obligatory fasting with a pledge to put in practice all that was learnt during the 30-day conditioning period in which Muslims, apart from fasting, train themselves to diligently participate not just in the five compulsory prayers but also in the late-night prayers called taraawih. The exercise is to understand the inclusive message of the divine Book through salah, soum and zakat (prayer, fasting, annual wealth tax), which are institutional means to establish the philanthropic order of Islam. The congregational prayers inculcate social equality and a sense of community, fasting sensitises people to the misery of extreme poverty, and zakat helps finance socio-economic development. Once this humanitarian intent behind Islamic rituals is internalised, celebrating Eid al-Fitr becomes a different experience altogether.

A. Faizur Rahman

zinger
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#27

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 am

Deerseye wrote:HAPPY IDD
Letter to God
Ya ALLAH
Firstly pls do the needful and stop the hypocrisy n chaos in my bohra community
Secondly , pls stop all Shia Sunni clashes in my country
Thirdly pls bring about about Hindu Muslim unity in India
Fourth but not the least pls stop the bloodshed of Muslims around the WORLD.
GOD replied
For all ur four wishes you only need one miracle my child
LOVE. Period



Wish every mother would just add this one secret ingredient to her every recipe, Idd would be so much nicer.
Aameen

Saeed al Khair
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#28

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Significance of Eid

According to the Ahl al Bait Taraweeh is a pure Bidat, and all Bidaat is in Jahannam.


Eid al-Fitr is celebrated on the first day of the month of Shawwal. Muslims gather in Eidgahs (open spaces) and mosques to thank God for having enabled them to fulfil their Ramzan obligations — seeking of divine proximity through prayers, striving for moral discipline by conquering physical desires, and inculcating a sense of social commitment to the cause of the economically deprived. As an expression of this solidarity, an obligatory aid, zakat al-fitr, is disbursed to the needy before the thanksgiving prayer to ensure that no person remains deprived of happiness on this day of Eid. Zakat al-fitr is not a charity but part of an Islamic entitlement programme promulgated through the last Prophet to alleviate hunger. Every Muslim household has to contribute, for each member, at least 3 kg of rice, wheat, barley or any other staple food.

Eid al-Fitr also marks the beginning of the 11-month break (fitr) from obligatory fasting with a pledge to put in practice all that was learnt during the 30-day conditioning period in which Muslims, apart from fasting, train themselves to diligently participate not just in the five compulsory prayers but also in the late-night prayers called taraawih. The exercise is to understand the inclusive message of the divine Book through salah, soum and zakat (prayer, fasting, annual wealth tax), which are institutional means to establish the philanthropic order of Islam. The congregational prayers inculcate social equality and a sense of community, fasting sensitises people to the misery of extreme poverty, and zakat helps finance socio-economic development. Once this humanitarian intent behind Islamic rituals is internalised, celebrating Eid al-Fitr becomes a different experience altogether.

A. Faizur Rahman

zahir
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:18 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#29

Unread post by zahir » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 pm

so what do u thing.doing ziyarat will save u from hell n giving abuses will degrade our awliya kiraam.it was my moula who allowed u scoundrels otherwise who can dare enter our mohalla n speak ill about our moula.look at this photos u all look like aliens.n cyclewala is aishaa reborned.

zinger
Posts: 1971
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: EID UL FITR MUBARAK

#30

Unread post by zinger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 am

zahir, calm down!!!