URGENT - Need Coordinators

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
babdeen

URGENT - Need Coordinators

Unread post by babdeen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Dear Forum members.
I am posting this on behalf of The Global Dawoodi Bohra Alliance. The response to their boycott Sidhpur tamasha and stop paying dues has been huge. In first month, several hundred people have joined the Alliance. They need help emailing and managing responses. They are about to launch two commitment promise:
(1) Pay no or less dues. (2) Boycott Sidhpur
They are now recruiting coordinators from all over the world to launch these two campaigns. Please send them a message if you want to help. This is where the rubber meets the road. So, respond if you can commit few hours per week and have email proficiency..

Here is the message from GDBA:

The Global Dawoodi Bohra Alliance

Dear GDBA supporter, Salams

Thank you for your email and support for the initiative. Please accept our apology for the delayed response. We have been over whelmed by the huge response.

The GDBA is based in USA and is set up to operate a low cost, high impact information distribution system. We have access to over 50,000 email addresses. Our key goals is to reach these people and encourage them to participate in a capacity they are comfortable. Our first mailing to 5% of the email list has been extremely successful. The response rate and support indication is overwhelming.

We are looking for coordinators all over the world to reach all 50,000 people. Please review the coordinators duties below and tell us if you can help. Our goals are to get Bohras to stand up against tyranny and stop giving money which empowers these Kothari thugs. The strength is in numbers. So, the key is to get the message to masses and ask them to take requested actions. We need help to increase our mailings. We invite you to become a Coordinator:

(1) Become a GDBA Coordinator. Your name and contact information will be kept confidential.
(2) Send out the GDBA communications to emails provided by GDBA.
(3) Each coordinator can choose to receive 200 to 5000 email addresses from us.
(4) Each coordinator can send out emails to that list from a coordinator account set up by GDBA. Alternatively, you can choose your personal email account for mailings.

If you agree to do this, please email me your concurrence to get started. Your name, and email address will be confidential and will not be disclosed by the GDBA. To accommodate the request, we are not disclosing our founding and operating committee member list at this time. As a coordinator, you can request to add your name to The GDBA Operating Committee. In the mean time, keep forwarding the attached to other Bohras, local newspapers, and media outlets using all traditional and social media channels.

Thank you and regards,

Spokesperson
The Global Dawoodi Bohra Alliance Email: TheGDBA@gmail.com

SBM

Re: URGENT - Need Coordinators

Unread post by SBM » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Babdeen Dai Ul ----
Without getting the information of this GDB Administrator, how anyone can share their information. How do I know that this GDBA is not from Kothari Mafia who are trying to fish out the names and identities of the people
This is really sleepy slope and I am not ready to endorse them. You are asking people to risk their privacy without revealing who are behind GDBA.
Babdeen as much as I want to trust my Dai in Waiting, I am not sure I can follow this FARMAN...sorry to disappoint you.

New

Unread post by New » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:45 pm

Asghar Vasanwala is a pretty brave soul in Los Angeles. He is out and open and out. He also has a fairly large list of e-mails. I wonder would he get involved?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 am

bhai sbm,

i completely agree with you. there are some things that i find very hard to comprehend.

1. he mentions that hundreds have already enthusiastically joined. why cant those hundreds not take up the task of enthusiastically distributing emails also??!
2. coordinators must be bold and daring enough to reveal all their details and email addresses, but the fellow who is running this website GDBA has no guts to reveal his own??
3. terms like 'founding committee' and 'operating committee' are being thrown about to give the impression that there is a huge organisation working behind GDBA. why can't this committee do the job of distributing emails or are they just sitting around on their fat, lazy behinds directing minions to do their bidding, while they yawn and have their feet up on plush desks?
4. what is apparent is that there are no hundreds of members, no high-powered committees and no nothing. this is an attempt to garner email addresses of bohras, to go on a fishing expedition.

i have no doubt that babdeen is GDBA himself, a one man show. i also have no doubt his intentions are honorable in trying to change things, but the manner in which he is approaching this, smacks of arrogance, obtuseness and obfuscation. making grandiose and highly exaggerated claims will not garner him mass support, on the contrary it affects his credibility. no wonder the kutbi camp didn't take him seriously!

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 am

Why doesn't anyone need coordinators for sending mails if data is already ready? Use mailchimp or something to run a campaign.

babdeen

Unread post by babdeen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:12 pm

SBM wrote:Babdeen Dai Ul ----
Without getting the information of this GDB Administrator, how anyone can share their information. How do I know that this GDBA is not from Kothari Mafia who are trying to fish out the names and identities of the people
This is really sleepy slope and I am not ready to endorse them. You are asking people to risk their privacy without revealing who are behind GDBA.
Babdeen as much as I want to trust my Dai in Waiting, I am not sure I can follow this FARMAN...sorry to disappoint you.
GDB is an independent, Dai neutral group. I am not at liberty to release GDB supporter or coordinator names. I have joined as one of the coordinator and know that there are several coordinators helping the GDBA. The group is recruiting additional local coordinators to expand and to set up ground operations. Let me give you an update:
This week over 4000 bohras have been contacted by GDBA coordinators using email by. Based on past mailings, GDBA expect around 500 responses. The coordinators respond and follow up. Each mailing results in over 100 members and few recruiters. Using a mails servers for mailing as suggested by someone does not provide an opportunity to followup up and recruit. The coordinators choose to operate either openly or incognito. I assume you know why people are afraid to release names.

This is a sincere attempt to use social media to disrupt kothar's business. I assumed the reform crowd on this site, may want to help.

I was disappointed to read some of the comments in response to my request. Throwing personal insults and just spewing stuff on this web site is not what we need. The path to success will come from concrete actions and creating local mass protest and actions. I believe the GDBA is committed to providing a platform and resources for that. Boycott Sidhpur event and not paying dues are first two action calls. I hope you and others on this site will join the GDBA.

By the way, our Mukasir title under my Daiship is safe regardless of your support for the GDBA. LOL

babdeen

Unread post by babdeen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:16 pm

AgnosticIndian wrote:Why doesn't anyone need coordinators for sending mails if data is already ready? Use mailchimp or something to run a campaign.
Mass mailings makes it difficult to follow up when people respond back. The goal here is to engage and build local support.
However, one time mass mailing can be useful. Can you help set up and Mailchimp and send out our message to Bohraleaks 50,000 email addresses?
Thanks

babdeen

Unread post by babdeen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:22 pm

New wrote:Asghar Vasanwala is a pretty brave soul in Los Angeles. He is out and open and out. He also has a fairly large list of e-mails. I wonder would he get involved?
Asghar bhai is a brave soul and his contributions are enormous. I am in touch with him. He has always been supportive and helpful.
For those who do not know, he has been dealing with some health issues. We need new people to step forward and carry the banner.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 pm

babdeen,

what are your founding committee and operating committee members doing? why cant they send out your emails?

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 pm

emailing is not enough, normally each abde gets 10 such whatsapp message which is against muffy but they do what?

read, think for 2 seconds. laugh, delete and forget it and continue with same routine ....

what we need is real world action, real world protests and cases in courts, real world chaos which can give sleepless nights to muffy and his ghanti chor brothers.

Shk Mohammed Yamani

Unread post by Shk Mohammed Yamani » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:39 am

Any updates from babdeen or has he gone into hiding [DELETED]?