I wish I could have the same same

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

mr cool

Re: I wish I could have the same same

Post by mr cool » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 am

Hozefa can please tell us were was this photo taken in which country

S. Insaf

Post by S. Insaf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:40 pm

The whole purpose of namaz is defeated if one has a special place and separate raised position than other in namaz, as in front of Allah every one is equal. "Tere darbar mein ponhche tau sabhi ek huye"
Even the person leading the prayers can not have a raised position.
But unfortunately from 51st Dai's time 'Brahamical superiority" order has started and the people of Dai's family and his Amils are considered superior than common Bohras even in namaz.

Muslim First

Post by Muslim First » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Notice Namaazi playing with his cell phone on the left. He is probably reading text message from God himself!!!

Gulf

Post by Gulf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Originally posted by moonlight:
This is a custom-made photo, I dont think it is a real photo.
Do you mean Sayyedi Saheb looking after or staring at that worthless mobile??? dont make me laugh at you please :p

Gulf

Post by Gulf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Originally posted by Gulf:
Originally posted by moonlight:
This is a custom-made photo, I dont think it is a real photo.
Do you mean Sayyedi Saheb looking after or staring at that worthless mobile??? dont make me laugh at you please :p
if it is real photo, then thread starter must provide a link.

Smart

Post by Smart » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:24 pm

@MF
Maybe they had transmitted the munajat in form of sms. That way they are quite tech savvy! To quote George Bush, don't misunderestimate them.

znanwalla

Post by znanwalla » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:28 pm

MF...."Verily God hath preferred Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of Imran, above HIS creatures...."

"And WE chose them and guided them unto a straight path.." !

You just said everyone is equal...what does the Quran say?....God shows a preference ! or am I wrong?...ZN

znanwalla

Post by znanwalla » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:36 pm

MF...

Besides, the Koran says: “And God is not going to chastise them while you are, O Muhammd among them” (8:33).

On reading the above Koranic verse, one comes to the conclusion that the privilege which Allah showed to Muslims and mentioned therein is or was restricted only to the life time of the Prophet as it reads: “While you are among them.” ....so please explain what happens now as admittedly the Prophet himself is not here any more...right?

Do you think that is the reason why Islam is in turbulence today? Allah is categorical here...HE "chastised" whilst the Prophet was amongst us....so now what is our fate? or recourse? or what is the alternative, if any, offered?...do please enlighten !...ZN

Muslim First

Post by Muslim First » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 pm

You just said everyone is equal...what does the Quran say?....God shows a preference ! or am I wrong?...ZN
Zaney

It looks like got in your head and under your skin.

"everyone is equa" quote from Brother Insaf. Argue with him.

Br. Insaf please answer Znan

Wasalaam

znanwalla

Post by znanwalla » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:34 pm

It is not easy to ruffle me ! not that easy to "get under my skin"....

I have shown you an ayah from the noble Quran that shows that Allah Himself has shown a preference .... either you agree with the Quran or you disagree....there may be exceptions but it is a reality nonetheless !

The Koranic verse, “If you should quarrel about anything, refer it to God and the Messenger” (4:59), necessitates the fair conclusion that the concept of "equality" that folks tend to apply is not applicable in all situations or circumstances or else it would contradict the Holy Quran.

Lets look at this one then..." The Quran says, “And if when they had done injustice to themselves, they had but come to you and asked God’s forgiveness, and the Prophet had (also) asked forgiveness for them. Surely, they would have found God Forgiving, Merciful.” (4:64).

It indicates that when God commanded the people to have recourse to the Prophet for the forgiveness of their sins and ask for forgiveness through him, does this not establish the necessity of this "means"..."al-wasila", firstly and also that the Prophet was above the people and thus not equal but "more equal"? It is logical conclusion ! OR does God say have an unmediated , direct relationship with HIM?

Salaams !

ZN

S. Insaf

Post by S. Insaf » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 am

Hozefa can please tell us where was this photo taken, in which country?
This is a custom-made photo. I don’t think it is a real photo. Do you mean Sayyedi Saheb looking after or staring at that worthless mobile??? Don’t make me laugh at you please.

Brother Gulf,
When you click on the photo above to save it gives the title "23Colombo12" which means it from some series of photos in Colombo.

Now for equality in Namaz. Please note that the seat of one who leads the prayer is not raised anywhere in any masjid. It is because the person chosen for the leading the prayer is from among the common people gathered in the masjid for prayer depending on his merit and seniority. Unfortunately in our Dawoodi Bohra Community the person to lead the prayer is appointed by the Sayedna’s establishment and when the person is from Sayedna’s family he does various things to show his superiority.

seeker110

Post by seeker110 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:23 pm

"when the person is from Sayedna’s family he does various things to show his superiority".
If its against the rule of prayers and masjid than the word superiority needs to be changed to "Stupidity"

Omar Bin Abubakar

Post by Omar Bin Abubakar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 am

:D