Zakat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
abcd

Zakat

Unread post by abcd » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:50 am

The laws of zakat are not known to most of the bohras. We know that 2.5% that is if you have 40 you have to pay 1 as Zakat.

Now supposing a person having a land worth of Rs. 1 lac without giving any income, how the person will pay the zakat. If he gives 2.5% of the land as zakat his wealth will sinks and one day the whole land will be over in paying zakat.

Can any one clarify this hypothetical situation and also put some more lights on other laws connected to zakat. In diam-ul-Islam it is explained, but more examples are given on the basis of barter systems rather then currency.

<small>[ 10-29-2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]</small>

porus

Re: Zakat

Unread post by porus » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:51 am

Please google "Zakaat".

The following link is one useful way of calculating it. Read the pre-requisite. It omits any mention of zakaat on owned real estate unless rental income is derivedfrom it. If you do not have any income, then there is no zakaat.

Amongst Bohras, the belief of the orthodox is that Zakaat is payable only to the Dai who will then distribute it to the recipients as he sees fit. You are not to question the Dai on accountability of the Zakaat money. The orthodox also believe that, if a poor Bohra does not receive the zakaat fund from the Dai, then obviously, he does not deserve it. THe Dai knows best. Please read what other MUslims have to say about this and make your own conclusions.

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/zcalc.htm

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:11 pm

Salaams,

Isn't the word "zakat" a religious tithe (a charity calculated at 2.5%) unauthored or an innovation of greed by the mullahs?

I understand "sadaqa" to mean charity but without any mathematics. Besides, the word "zakat", as I understand it, means purity or to purify, as per the understanding of contextual Quranic understanding.

Any thoughts?

Africawala

Unread post by Africawala » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:25 am

Dear Danish,

In reference to your use of word "religious tithe", I would like to say that "tithe" means one-tenth as per the Bible. Muslims do not pay tithe, but relgious tax.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:58 pm

The only mullah that asks that the zakat be given to him is the bohri mullah.

ado sayed

Unread post by ado sayed » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:54 pm

THERE IS NO DIFERENCE BETWEEN THESE BOHRI MULLAHS AND SHAITAN.THEY INTERPRET THEIR ON WAY TO MAKE MONEY.

WHY DID MUQSADA SADR MEN KILLED KHORI IN IRAQ?
MONEY -MONEY-MONEY WHO CONTROL THE MONEY
SISTANI SAME.

IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE WE ARE SERVENT OF THESE KHOTHARS! CERTAINLY NOT ME AND I AM HAPPY TO NOTE THIS NOT ME GROUP HAS BEEN GROWING.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:29 pm

Dear Africawala,

Acutally, a "tithe" is any tax or levy imposed on individuals, as is the case in religion, thus referenced as "religious tithe", such as the one-tenth or 10% in Christianity and 2.5% in Islam.

It is pathetically insane to impose any tax or levy on the System (deen) of GOD. Religion is purely a man-made ritualistic dogmatic system for Creed and Greed, hence the taxes and other mandatories and burdens pertaining to "Religion".

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:57 pm

Danish,

May be you should read more than two versus of HIS scripture to figure out what religion (deen as mentioned in HIS scripture) is and what Salat and Zakat is!!

Simpleton

Unread post by Simpleton » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:33 pm

Hello All,

The Canadian Jamaat's Return for 2003 has been posted on the following link:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/charities/ ... rim-e.html

If you look at it closely enough, you'll understand where all the funds are being diverted, albeit legally!!!

On second thoughts, it might be a good idea to start another religion, register it as a Charitable Institution, and collect money in the name of Zakat (oops, I mean Wajebaat), Sabeel, Khums, etc. etc. The good part is, I wouldn't have to account for any funds collected to anybody, because it's all in the name of faith!

One notable difference between Robin Hood and our Jamaats-Robin used to rob the rich to give to the poor; here everybody gets robbed, and the Jamaats are also poor, except one huge family of 400 or so, with possible bank accounts in Switzerland, so that nobody can touch them.

What a brilliant set-up, I must say!!!