ANCIENT REVERBERATIONS

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Danish

ANCIENT REVERBERATIONS

Unread post by Danish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Reverberation: An echolike force or effect; a repercussion

Why do religionists (especially Muslims) regurgitate with such underlying and unrelenting fervor and ferocity to command our current and advancing lives in past tense submissions which they themselves do not understand? Haven’t we learnt enough lessons from the past to carry us forward and thenceforth reform or is it that mankind must dwell in 7th Century thinking, visions and actions that are obviously obtuse, meaningless and contrary to our ways and means of living a righteous and peaceful lives directed by our advancing education and technology alongwith current natural, realistic and logical circumstances and laws that govern our righteous paths? Why is it extremely important and relevant to adhering to ancient man-made “holy books” of their times that overides today’s sophisticated and purposeful standards of living structures? Muslims are the ONLY religious denominations in existence today that purport and enforce their ancient “gibberish” rules to subjugate the masses to the extent of apostasy by death. Why? Don't they have brains with which to reason, eyes with which to vision and ears with which to listen .... of their own?

znanwalla

Re: ANCIENT REVERBERATIONS

Unread post by znanwalla » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Brother danish, pertinent questions indeed which you have raised !

We are sincerely alarmed that many want to pretend to act as the Rappateur on Freedom of Expression against those who are brave enough to question their medieval superstitions that challenge the elementary norms of reason and rationalism. Allowing bigots, as individuals to run our lives for us, is to make ourselves vulnerable - it is like putting the fox to guard on the chickens, if you will !

jahlaiyyas have used the religion of Islam as a tool to secure absolute power, and to trample all over the human rights of their own citizens.Barely a day goes by without news of gross violations of human rights of Muslims living in Islamic countries...and then they have the gall to call their countries an "islamic Republic"....utter hypocrisy !..zn

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:52 am

freedom and human rights are always trampled in the pursuit of power, whether it is "secular" europe, "christian" america or jewish isreal.

We are all individually responsible for our own choices----saying that "I did not know" isn't going to cut it at judgement day. As the Quran says---we have been given intelligience---if we fail to use it---it's our fault---an no one elses.

znanwalla

Unread post by znanwalla » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:35 pm

The solution is simple ! Constant remembrance of Allah ! is what is essential now ! and I mean Constant ! The recitation of this sacred name of Allah ( and HE has many other beautiful names also) destroys egoism and as one begins to embrace the "nature' of this sacred Name, thro' Constant remembrance, the idea of "I" then vanishes...also this constant remembrance calms the disturbed mind but helps to break asunder the "barriers of ego" and so slowly one begins to remove any 'separative" tendencies of "I" and "You".....this will then generate sweetness in the heart towards others in society and community ; between rulers and masses and generally within the Umma....Education is vital....Our children and our women deserve dignity ! Not just subsistence

Our children and women are and will always be exposed to a society where well being is tied to personal achievements and an environment where there is and will be an incredible stress ! Lack of Good education and health will diminish their chances and they will be ssubservient to other children of other faiths and this would not be in the best interest of the Umma.

The passport is to learn the International language or languages and obtain solid world calass education so that our children can remain competitive and in demand within the global work force..

The key is to exercise the spirit of ADL ! as all are equal before Allah and as dear and pleasant to HIM ! and Yes! ignorance is NOT a privilege ! but if we love humanity (Allah's won Creation)...we will certainly also love HIM...as how can one claim to love God and not love HIS creation? and we do not need to be highly educated to understand certain basics in life.....the Intellect is Allah's finest and best creation ! Allah gave mankind a freewill for a reason....we cannot simply maintain that everyting is pre-destined....divine pre-destination is not in conflict with free will and the concepts of "Qada" and "Qadar" needs to be properly understood by people....Thanks...zn

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 pm

znanwalla wrote:The recitation of this sacred name of Allah
What was HIS (a male deity) real name? You stated "sacred name of Allah"; meaning "sacred name of The God"(Allah). Mind you, the Creator of our cosmological universe (if any) has no personal proper name since the Creator is fathomless and unperceivable and no creature can encompass. Proper names are only given to living and physical entities.

znanwalla

Unread post by znanwalla » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 am

Al Kirmani says..."The act of Origination (ibda) is not apart from the Originator (God). It is only an aspect of Him. Since there are many acts, and since every act which comes into being acquires a name that differentiates it from the others, according to the nature of the act, and since Origination is an act... it was given a name to denote that it exists... from nothing prior to it."....

Abu Ya'qub Ishaq as-Sijistani (4) in his epistle Tuhfat al-mustajibin says (5) that Divine Will (al-amr) was the first and only thing to issue out of God. It is also called knowledge (al-ilm), Word (al-kalima), and Unity (al-wahda). This Amr, he continues, is the source of creation, or, in other words, it is the first cause, or the cause of causes (illat al-ilal). "His Amr", says the Quran, "when He desires a thing, is to say to it "Be", and it is (6). ...zn

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 am

The solution is simple ! Constant remembrance of Allah ! is what is essential now ! and I mean Constant ! The recitation of this sacred name of Allah ( and HE has many other beautiful names also) destroys egoism and as one begins to embrace the "nature' of this sacred Name, thro' Constant remembrance, the idea of "I" then vanishes...also this constant remembrance calms the disturbed mind but helps to break asunder the "barriers of ego" and so slowly one begins to remove any 'separative" tendencies of "I" and "You".....this will then generate sweetness in the heart towards others in society and community ; between rulers and masses and generally within the Umma....Education is vital....Our children and our women deserve dignity ! Not just subsistence

Br.Znanwala,

You have rightly put things in its perspective. There is a beautiful saying which says,
PEHLE IS HASTI-E FAANI KO MITA
PHIR DEKH TUJHKO, TUJHME KYA
KYA NAZAR AATA HAI.

Now the condition is to relinquish oneself but sadly people are more keen on adoring oneself. Instead of Hasti-e faani ko mita, people are spending time in Hasti-e faani ko sanwarna. Naturally one then finds it extremely difficult to reach his/her goal in life and hereafter.

znanwalla

Unread post by znanwalla » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Thank you brother Ghulam.....When one stands up for prayers the spirit must not remain 'sluggish" or it becomes false piety and such "muraa'oon" are simply white washed tombs...pure and clean on the outside...but decaying inside and dead !

"Riya" in any form is Shirk or atleast amounts to Shirk as verily one who works not for Allah, his reward lies not with Allah but with some other entity that is NOT Allah...

Now people may ask how does "Riya" amont to Shirk? ....because it becomes a deification of the "self" (nafs) and so eventually "riyaa" deifies the self and sets it up as something important and worthwhile entity whilst it is only Allah who is everything and the most important !....

Like Jesus said.." Things that cause people to sin are bound to come but woe to that person through whom they come...it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea...".........

"niyyah" is only seen through actual performance and based on what is expected of people and those who simply show false piety; false virtousness are just like the "pharisees of the days of Yahya"...they stand on the streets loudly proclaiming their wordy but worthless and vain utterings and prayers but inside their hearts, there is disease and decay....so how can anyone allow sins to become manifest through them or allow themselves to be used to such an extent that sins become manifest through them ?...backbiting is like eating the flesh of your own brother !...but we all do this freely !...truly unfortunate !...zn

znanwalla

Unread post by znanwalla » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Mf,

do they? I didn't know ! Gee thanks for telling me ! I thought they sit down, cross their legs and recite their obligatory prayers....now how do you recite your "namaz"? do you wish to get into it? I am sure not !........and as for hypocrites, the ones who abandoned the Prophet's family and betrayed the Prophet are the ones who fit this bill MF....

Imam Ali....".And whoever makes a breach (with Allah and His Messenger) his path becomes difficult, his affairs will become complicated and his way to salvation will be uncertain..."

Ta'wil of word 'Ali' (Vision of Ali):
"The holy Prophet said: "To look at the face of Ali is worship." (al-Mustadrak, III, 152-153; Sharh, IX, 381; Kawkab, p. 161). Ali's vision is worship because of the fact that he is the speaking Qur'ân, the supreme Name, the mazhar of the Divine light, the mirror which shows God and he is the legatee of the holy Prophet. [Source: Tawil 621: A Thousand Wisdoms]

Ta'wil of words 'Qâla Rasûl Allâh' (The Messenger of God said):

"The holy Prophet said: "I have left behind among you two weighty things as a rope reaching the earth from heaven, one of them is greater than the other: the Book of Allâh and my itrat (progeny), the people of my house. They will never separate until they will come to me at the pond (of Kawthar)." ....but you guys are even disputing this nah?

Sura YASIN...

37. A token unto them is night. We strip it of the day, and lo! they are in darkness.

13. Coin for them a similitude: The people of the city when those sent (from Allah) came unto them; 14. When We sent unto them twain, and they denied them both, so We reinforced them with a third, and they said: Lo! we have been sent unto you. ......15. They said: Ye are but mortals like unto us. The Beneficent hath naught revealed. Ye do but lie! ...see MF who are the Munafiqun?

Now tell me Mf...who has a better chance to meet the Holy Prophet at the pond of Kawthar?

Cheers !

zn