'Taajiyat' for Deceased Bohras.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

'Taajiyat' for Deceased Bohras.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 pm

After the janaaza namaz of a deceased bohra, people are instructed to give 'taajiyat' to all the mehramdars which is nothing but people standing in queue to embrace the mehramdars 3 times. I have never seen any other muslim sect performing this ritual hence I would like to seriously know as to whether is this islamic or whether such rituals were prevailent during Prophet (s.a.w.) times or were they incorporated later on and if so then by whom ? .... the Imams or the Dais ? If this is restricted to bohras alone then is there any bayan in daimul islam ? Perhaps Bro Insaf, Bro Porus or Bro Mubarak could have more to say on this.

Fatwa Banker

Re: 'Taajiyat' for Deceased Bohras.

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Although knowing its origin would be of interest, I am curious as to why it would matter if it were Islamic or not. If you can comfort someone with a hug, would you refuse to do so if it were considered unislamic ? Several social customs & traditions of Indian Muslims are quite different from their Arab counterparts, and most likely not prevalent during pagan Arab times. They could all be deemed unislamic.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 pm

It would matter to those who follow Islam. To the farts, it shouldn't matter. Comforting someone with a hug is not a problem. However, and this is just an example, if a fart wants to hug a female of a mourning family, and wants to call it Islamic, then it is a big no no. Ofcourse, only for those who actually follow Islam. For those that don't, it doesn't matter. There are several social customs of the bohras, like wadhaw vaanu, which has its basis in Hinduism and not in Islam. However, bohras practice it as being Islamic, hence it is objectionable, and rightfully so, to those who follow Islam.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Jaahil, you are predictable and most on this board don't have to ask you a question as they know what your answer will be...always rudimentary.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Consistency is a good thing. Farts should try that.
Last edited by anajmi on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 am

Actually, it is. As long as it is farts like you thinking that I am a jaahil. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:21 am

Being consistently Jaahil is not a good thing :wink:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:43 am

Actually, it is. As long as it is farts like you thinking that I am a jaahil. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:21 am

After 3 edits that's the best you came up with ? :mrgreen:

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 am

Ghulambhai wanted to know about "Taajiyat", but our stalwarts (anajmi and fatwabanker) have as usual diverted the subject by their incessant quarrels. Kothar has nothing to worry about reformists and should not bother sending abdes like sammy_guy, aziz, haqquun, et al to sabotage this forum. With these two gentlemen always ready to destroy any meaningful dialogue, the progressives have no chance advancing their agenda.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:43 am

^
Agree with this post, can you both be a little more courteous and more important relevant?

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:30 am

Except Hanafi Maslak which is being followed in all over south asian continent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) all other school of thought like Hanbali, Maliki and Sahfaee do arrange AZAA sitting for three days. All the relatives will Gather from Maghreb till Isha Prayers at an annouced place (Via newspaper, SMS and personal calls) people will come and pay their respect and console the relatives. There is separate arrangment for the females. During my 15 years stay in Arab countries I have observed and personally attended such Azza sitting. while in India and Pakistan the people console the members of deceased family after burial and than on the occassion of third day Fatiha. There also system of arranging meal for the deceased on 10th day, 40th day (Chehlum) and after an year (Barsi).

Regards

danishwar

Unread post by danishwar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 am

I think the right word is 'taaZiyat''

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:33 am

Actually, the website was giving me issues yesterday. For some reason one of my post appears before fart's post, even though I was posting after. So I had to repost it a couple of times and try other edits before I could get it in the proper position. What I wanted to say, remained exactly the same in all of them. As I had said earlier, and fart agreed, I am consistent. I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, the fact that fart wasn't able to figure it out, tells you something about him calling me a jaahil. :wink:

And to the others, if you read my posts and fart's posts, you will see that my first post is simply a response, however, farts post to me is a personal attack. If you go back and look through every one of the disputes, you will see that fart is the one who diverts the topic into a personal attack. I simply respond to his posts. Admin, I think it is time to ban fart. His only mission is to attack me (which is very flattering :mrgreen: ) but other than that he is nothing of value to contribute. :D

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 am

It should read - "he has nothing of value to contribute", however "he is nothing" also makes some sense.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 am

My initial post was on topic and not addressed to the resident Jaahil. I empathize with the rest of you who have to put up with this, but I will continue to whip this ignoramus into shape everytime I am provoked.

Anwar

Unread post by Anwar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:01 pm

For once, I have to agree with fatwa banker, what is wrong in consoling someone with a hug, during probably the saddest time in his/her life? If someone thinks its not Islamic, at least its HUMAN in my opinion.
I have been to Christian, Hindu, Sikh and ofcourse Bohri burials, and have seen people que up and give a hug to members of the immidiate family, what we bohras call mehramdars.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:59 pm

but I will continue to whip this ignoramus into shape everytime I am provoked.
And how well has that been working out for you fart? :mrgreen:

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Considering you are still a Jaahil, not too well. ...but I must admit it can be entertaining at times. :mrgreen:
You are too easy a target, so if a new ignoramus joins up, I may ease up on you.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I think Admin should create a new website called ANJAMI v/s FATWA BANKER since they are acting like some spoiled Shezaadas and make every topic on this forum to their personal vendetta.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH BETWEEN TWO OF YOU, COULD YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR PERSONAL FIGHTS SOME WHERE ELSE. PROGRESSIVE HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH HN,ADMIRER AND GUY_SAM AND THEIR LIKES WHO DIVERT EACH TOPIC AND NOW WE HAVE TWO OF YOU TO AUGMENT THEM IN DIVERSION OF TOPICS
Please my humble request to both of you, You are not doing any favors to this forum with your personal attacks, please take your personal venom throwing to some other website or forum,

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Bro. anajmi:

I believe you know a lot about Islam, about Quran and about the prophet. No offence, but I am just wondering does it suit a true muslim to be arrogant, vindictive and trying to win an argument at any cost and to to humiliate, to ridicule an opponent? Does such behaviour give a good impression about our religion? Is all your knowledge of the Quran to be used to win arguments at any cost? I have noticed that every time fatwa banker or porus comes on this board, you appear just to harass them. I may be wrong in this assessment but I think many people feel the way I do

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm

bro canadian,

You are right on all counts, but I am willing to make exceptions for people like fart. Also, fart is one of those...what is the word.... maso...something.... chist... He enjoys the pain that I dole out to him. That is why he keeps coming back for more. He likes the entertainment!! :mrgreen:

oma,

You should ignore anajmi and deal with the abdes. Please do not keep crying. It will create the wrong impression amongst the abdes.

haqqun nafs

Unread post by haqqun nafs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 am

well i can see there is lots of love between progressives :D

hehehe

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 am

HN
NO, You got it wrong, in earlier posting you and other abdes had asked whether progressives will ask other progressives to stop abusive language and would they use strong words, The proof is right here, No it is not question of love among progressives but of righteousness
We do condemn if some one regardless of their stature or knowledge gets out of hand UNLIKE YOU AND OTHERS I AM STILL WAITING TO SEE GUY_SAM WHO LECTURED PROGRESSIVE ABOUT THAT, TO CONDEMN YOUR POSTINGS AND GAALI AND NASTY NAME CALLINGS.
We do call Spade a Spade unlike Hypocrite Orthos.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:55 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:After the janaaza namaz of a deceased bohra, people are instructed to give 'taajiyat' to all the mehramdars which is nothing but people standing in queue to embrace the mehramdars 3 times. I have never seen any other muslim sect performing this ritual hence I would like to seriously know as to whether is this islamic or whether such rituals were prevailent during Prophet (s.a.w.) times or were they incorporated later on and if so then by whom ? .... the Imams or the Dais ? If this is restricted to bohras alone then is there any bayan in daimul islam ? Perhaps Bro Insaf, Bro Porus or Bro Mubarak could have more to say on this.
Dear Ghulam Muhammed,

‘Taziyat’ receiving is not exclusive for the ‘mehramdars’ and anyone in close association with deceased can receive it.

Per Shariyat, if your rtuals are not against Islam Shariyat then you may practice it or otherwise.

‘Taziyat’ giving/receiving is not against the Shariyat. In Daim-ul-Islam there are references of Imam Bakir (a.s.) on ‘Taziyat’.

FYI,

Per Daimul Islam, if there is a death announcement then it is compulsory on EVERYONE in that village/city to leave all work and rush to mosque. When a sizeable crowd gathers then proceed towards graveyard and not wait for balance natives.

Imam Saidk (a.s.), Imam Bakir (a.s.) and Mola Ali (a.s.) had said: rush towards coffin procession as it will remind you of ‘aakhirat’.

Imam Bakir (a.s.): Between attending coffin procession or marriage food party – choose former than latter.

Prophet Mohamed (s.a.): Intelligent is one who remembers death and prepares for life thereafter.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:25 am

Per Daimul Islam, if there is a death announcement then it is compulsory on EVERYONE in that village/city to leave all work and rush to mosque. When a sizeable crowd gathers then proceed towards graveyard and not wait for balance natives.
Mubarak,

Are you saying that the Daim-ul-Islam has a higher authority than the quran and the sunnah of the prophet? Did Allah or his prophet give this command? Are you making a farz out of something that neither Allah nor his Prophet (saw) wanted?
Imam Saidk (a.s.), Imam Bakir (a.s.) and Mola Ali (a.s.) had said: rush towards coffin procession as it will remind you of ‘aakhirat’.

Imam Bakir (a.s.): Between attending coffin procession or marriage food party – choose former than latter.

Prophet Mohamed (s.a.): Intelligent is one who remembers death and prepares for life thereafter.
Yes I agree. But do not make a farz out of a recommendation. If you do, then you are doing haraam. Besides, attending a janazaa has nothing to do with doing taziyat.