Aga Khan to invest $1bn in East Africa Education

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
salim

Aga Khan to invest $1bn in East Africa Education

Post by salim » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:29 am

The Aga Khan University has announced a $1 billion investment in education in East Africa. His Highness the Aga Khan said Africa must move rapidly to establish and reinforce a healthy civil society to help improve quality of life. The investment will see new campuses and graduate schools in the region. Read the full article from The Citizen

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/nation ... d=15222705

Munira_RV

Re: Aga Khan to invest $1bn in East Africa Education

Post by Munira_RV » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 am

Good.

lawgraduate

Post by lawgraduate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:02 am

good to know finally khums money of Ismailis are used for good purpose instead of wasting it on 200 million dollar yacht, expensive divorces and expensive designer clothes for Mr agha khan and his wives.

I hope Ismailis will keep pressure on this playboy and he will be kneeled down to use khums money for such authentic missions.

blitzkreig

Post by blitzkreig » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:58 am

lawgraduate wrote:good to know finally khums money of Ismailis are used for good purpose instead of wasting it on 200 million dollar yacht, expensive divorces and expensive designer clothes for Mr agha khan and his wives.

I hope Ismailis will keep pressure on this playboy and he will be kneeled down to use khums money for such authentic missions.
Seems like you have been hiding under a rock given that you have no idea about various initiatives of the AKDN, and other institution. FYI, of the top of my head I can recall $300 million museum showcasing Islamic art, millions for Aga Khan academies in Africa, India and the middle east, expansion of AKU, hundreds of millions for health in India, countless spent by Focus humanitarian assistance for crisis response, etc. Maybe you should educate yourself before making ignorant statements.