Rida-Saya and Topi in Xenophobic environment

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Rida-Saya and Topi in Xenophobic environment

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 am

I am starting this thread to see how our community is adopting in this new environment. I like to see posts mostly from USA residents.
There are many in Muslim community who are re-thinking about wearing Hijjab in public.
Do all the Abdes/Amtes who were asked by SMS to wear Rida and Topi even when going to work still continue doing so and what kind of looks or remarks they are facing?

Mkenya

Re: Rida-Saya and Topi in Xenophobic environment

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:37 pm

[quote][/quote]

Muslims in todays world face a highly charged environment, and for the wrong reasons, particularly in the western world. Western media is awash with to-the minute coverage of the negative portrayal of Islam vis-a-vis ISIS. It is a documented truth that most people in the US and Canada are ignorant of historical, geographical and cultural backgrounds of new comers in their midst. Their knowledge is mostly gleaned from right wing media which is often their only source.

The negative profile of the Muslim world has no doubt brought attention upon itself but I do not think generally dress has anything to do with it. Religion/rida/saya/topi/niqab/beard/ghettoisation/cuisine/Sharia law, etc. are visible signs that have catapulted into the microscope.

I am sure offensive situations occur regularly in workplaces, shopping, cultural and sports environment. These issues have to be dealt with dialogue and communication. Since Ramadan mosques in Canada have organized 'Open Houses' where congregants were asked to bring their neighbours or workplace colleagues to learn about Islam, prayers, madrassas, etc. They have been well attended. It is an uphill battle but at least it is a step in the right direction.

Abdes/Amtes have no choice. The dress code is a must for all their religious gatherings but to defend its use in other situations will come down to the individual.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:21 pm

"Since Ramadan mosques in Canada have organized 'Open Houses' where congregants were asked to bring their neighbours or workplace colleagues to learn about Islam, prayers, madrassas, etc."

The inclusion of the above paragraph in my previous post refers to Shia and Sunni mosques. Dare I say can the Bohras do the same?

New

Unread post by New » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Bohras can not open a nd will not open their prayer houses, why?

1. They utter lanatas on 1, 2 , 3 and Ayasha. Impossible for others to understand.
2. Lanatas on their former Mazoon.h
3. They do not appreciate the host country and shout Mola Mola.
4. Hour long Matams.
5. Unhygeinic way of eating.
6. Illegal money activities of Hawala and giving loans.
7. FGM news is likely to spread all over.
8. Jungli Dadhi.
9. Collecting 25,000 people from all parts of the world and cramping in to small space with a spread of diseases.
So tell me are you proud of yourself
9. We should be opening up our Masjids to Shias and Sunnis
Let them hear the Lanats and see the videos of Sajdas, all anti Islamic practices.

think

Unread post by think » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:43 pm

very rightly so. My very thoughts. would a bohri bhaisaheb welcome an open deiaslogue with the other sects. He will be ashamed of himself and his crooked religion.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Br Think and New
Do not be so harsh on them, They have opened their Masjid and Raudat Tahera to people who are associated with Modi but not for family.
This thread is not for these people but for Abdes/Amtes who were going in public with Rida and Topi specially in USA.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:13 pm

I remember during some riots dawoodi bohras claimed that they were bohras and not muslims. I think they should make that a slogan on their ridas and sayas on the front and back to avoid being mistaken as muslims.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Ola musalman che, Apney tuo aman pasand ney jaman pasand chey.

New

Unread post by New » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Also show that our leader has a thirst for blood and kills African wildlife for his pleasure just like his father and grand father. He got World Humanist Award by bribing, he is anti education and does not women to prgress.

At one point he had 2 wives, his grand father had 4 with 23 children.

His lieutenant has been cohvicted in Australia for participating in FGM.

I am very very proud to be a Bohra.

New

Unread post by New » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:43 pm

SBM bhai I agree with you about the utility of the thread you have started. We do need openness however. You and me are trying to tell and teach people who are unteachable.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:43 am

There is a video circulating on watsapp, I think it is of France jamaat. A bunch of abde teenagers and kids are wearing military uniform and marching in the markaz introducing themselves as some sort of saifee burhani guards or somethine. this bunch is lead by an adult abde. it was funny and worrisome also.

why is there a need of such dramabazi .. and why kids .. it was silly and wrong in many ways, even if one is to consider the flattery of the muffy maula.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:51 am

There Have Been 19 Hate Crimes Against Muslims in the Past Week

Tampa, Florida: Two Muslim women wearing head scarves were violently attacked on different occasions by angry Islamophobes in Tampa. One woman reported being shot at as she was leaving a mosque in Tampa. Another woman reported that a man cut her off in traffic, threw rocks at her vehicle from the window of his car, and at one point, exited his vehicle and screamed at her.
December 11

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Just like cuckoo abde there are few of the same on the other side. However it is in the benefit of all to tone it down. If not possible pray at home, until this blows over. The Amil lives on site and has no close neighbors or has to drive through traffic, it is not the same for everyone.

Above all stay incognito. Least under the radar. Those clothes are neon sign for attracting hate.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:49 pm

anajmi wrote:I remember during some riots dawoodi bohras claimed that they were bohras and not muslims. I think they should make that a slogan on their ridas and sayas on the front and back to avoid being mistaken as muslims.
When Muslims are targeted in Gujarat, to claim that Dawoodis are not Muslims is sheer betrayal

It was reported in English daily Indian Express and Hindi daily Pratakal on 4 April 2002 that a group of Dawoodi Bohras in Gujarat claimed that they are ‘Not Hindus. No. Not Muslims either. They are Dawoodi Bohras caught in the crossfire’.

"When the Maulana gives us any directions, we follow. When he asked us to return to business, we had to", said Shabbir Moiz Vohra, who set up shop in Kawant a week ago.

Shabbir suffered losses to the tune of Rs 6 lakh when his three shops were looted and burnt, but did not accept any compensation, saying he would "be better off without it".

We don’t fear anything after hearing from the Maulana. We don’t want to take revenge because we love peace", said Aliajgar Jainuddin Vohra, who has reopened one of his three damaged shops.

Both of them clarify that they "are not Muslims, but are Dawoodi Bohras". So does Nadir Badruddin Vohra. "We do break bread with them but marriages are taboo. They offer namaz five times a day, we do it only thrice; our mosques are also different", he stressed.

These Bohras claim that "When the Maulana gives us any direction we follow". It is obvious that whatever they have said regarding their not being Muslims is as per dictates of Sayedna Saheb. There is no corrective statement regarding this claim from Sayedna’s side either. So one will consider it as official statement of Sayedna that Dawoodi Bohras are not Muslims.

In fact any one who follows the basic principles of Islam and believes in Allah, His book the Qur’an and the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) is a Muslim. Dawoodi Bohras are very much believers of these three essentials and are, therefore Muslims. They also believe in Wilayat of Hazrat Ali and therefore they are a sub-sect of Shia Muslims. They combine Zohar and Isha prayers and again Asar and Maghrib prayers and pray five times prayers in three times. But they observe all five prayers. Their mosques are known as masjids and not by any other name like temple, church or synagogues. They believe in five pillars of Islam: Wahdat, Salat, Zakat, Haj and Jihad. So it is wrong to say that they are not Muslims.

Being a business community it is true that by and large Bohra community is a peace-loving community. It is unfortunate that their present religious heads have adopted a life of luxury and in order to amass wealth they have imposed several un-Islamic taxes and practices on the followers. In order that their followers do not mix with other Muslims and know the true Islam they make systematic efforts to assert on the minds of the followers that they are quite different from other Muslims.

But the hypocrisy of their religious leaders becomes evident when they order their followers to close down their bank accounts as interest is prohibited for Muslims, or when the Bohra religious head takes pride in being the Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University or his representative being on the Central Haj Committee and Muslim Personal Law Board. They make announcements of their being the real well-wishers of the Muslim world.

But when the time comes for them to be accountable under Islamic law or Muslim Waqf Act, or to save their skin in a situation like in Gujarat now, they feel no shame in claiming that they are not Muslims. Further more, the Dawoodi Bohras statement, obviously under instruction from Sayedna Saheb, that they are peace-loving is most dangerous under the circumstances, which directly implies that the other Muslims are not peace-loving and are trouble creaters.

Violent attacks on reformist Bohras time and again by fanatic followers of Sayedna and their round and arrogant behaviour with other Muslims, cursing the Muslim Khalifas and creating riots are for any one to judge how peace-loving these followers of Bohra high priest are? It is the duty of Sayedna to immediately refute the statements made by his followers that they are not Muslims. We also insist on Muslim organizations like Muslim Personal Law Board, Haj Committee, Aligarh Muslim University etc to seriously note this contention on behalf of Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin.

(Source: The Bohra Chronicle, Mumbai, June 2002) q