Dialogism: between Progressive & Mumeen

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Gulf

Dialogism: between Progressive & Mumeen

Unread post by Gulf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post deleted due to vulgar language and sexist references.

- Admin

S. Insaf

Re: Dialogism: between Progressive & Mumeen

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Dear Gulf, Who has come out with this? Whose creation is it? and whose ZEHNIYAT it is indicating? Please decide before posting next time.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 pm

Originally posted by S. Insaf:
Dear Gulf, Who has come out with this? Whose creation is it? and whose ZEHNIYAT it is indicating? Please decide before posting next time.
C'mmon S.Insafbhai dont take it too hardly... it's a joke... I thought you must be knowing.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:14 am

Brother Gulf,
You are trying to damage the image of Progressive Bohras who are real well-wisher of the Dai, Dawat and the community and calling it a joke!
Pleas brother remember that this site watched by people world over and it meant to bring social change and awareness in the community which worsening day by day by shear negligence of the leaders who are duty bound to take care of it.
I know since you are spending your valuable time and energy you must be equally concerned about it, unless you are the part of or beneficiary of the loot.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 am

Pleas brother remember that this site watched by people world over and it meant to bring social change and awareness in the community which worsening day by day by shear negligence of the leaders who are duty bound to take care of it
According to web information company this web site have an average 700 page daily. although you must keep in mind that before you want to reach proper page one has to click atleast 4 pages.. it means this website have 180 viewers however 50% of viwers are not visiting intentionally.

conclusion: The web site has an average 90 viewers per day.. moreover ..if you consider the fact that some members are clicking 20 to 40 pages per day.. then result will be more miserable

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:57 am

Insaf,
----------------------------------------------
Brother Gulf,
You are trying to damage the image of Progressive Bohras who are real well-wisher of the Dai, Dawat and the community and calling it a joke!
Pleas brother remember that this site watched by people world over and it meant to bring social change and awareness in the community which worsening day by day by shear negligence of the leaders who are duty bound to take care of it.
I know since you are spending your valuable time and energy you must be equally concerned about it, unless you are the part of or beneficiary of the loot.
------------------------------------------------
When u have joke on kothar or Aqa maula thats fine, but when on u its hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:00 am

Progressives!! aap b aapni ZEHNIYAT hame mumeen ni jem saaf raakho.

Dear Insaf,

Please don't go in to argument with this Gulef. Whos zehniyat is saaf it is very clear from the post.

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 am

Brother Gulf,
Mr. S.Insaaf.
You are agitated by one joke on PDB just look at the thread 'Jokes on Kothar'. Mr. INSAF Y THIS DOUBLE STANDARDS.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 am

TB
I do not speak for Mr. Insaf, but it is not the joke about progressives but it is the quality and if you do not understand the vulgarity of the joke which has evoked the kind of reaction.
I have condemned when the jokes on Kotharis/Taheris/Burhanis have also crossed the lines of civility and asked administration to block it.
In his joke regarding Progressives, it is Vulgar tone of the joke which is offensive and not the SPIRIT of the joke. Regardless, any joke regarding anyone(Kothari/Taheri/Burhani/Progressive/or any ethnic group)which has offensive and provocative tone should not be tolerated

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 am

Originally posted by omabharti:
TB
I do not speak for Mr. Insaf, but it is not the joke about progressives but it is the quality and if you do not understand the vulgarity of the joke which has evoked the kind of reaction.
I have condemned when the jokes on Kotharis/Taheris/Burhanis have also crossed the lines of civility and asked administration to block it.
In his joke regarding Progressives, it is Vulgar tone of the joke which is offensive and not the SPIRIT of the joke. Regardless, any joke regarding anyone(Kothari/Taheri/Burhani/Progressive/or any ethnic group)which has offensive and provocative tone should not be tolerated
It was a Joke is still a Joke!!!

Shall I start another thread with title "Jokes on Progressives".. shall I ???

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:03 am

Sure..............keep on rolling dude...waiting for christmas!

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Dear Gulf, Jayanti and Babu,
Friends! I have always treated this board very seriously. I have never participated in the “Jokes” column. If there is a separate column for Jokes then why post jokes else where and create controversy?
I had read three inspiring quotations during my school days that have shaped my life. They are:-

1) Dare to be different

2) Extraordinary people are ordinary
people with extraordinary courage and commitment.

3) Good manners are the same manners every where.

Though I dare to be different than others who toe down to age-old customs or orthodoxy, or hypocrisy i.e. I do not do anything because my parents or my forefathers were doing it or since others in my society is doing it. I am committed to the cause of reform and have enough courage to stand by it and tell the truth on the face of tyrants however powerful he may be and whether I am in Jamat, public or at home there is no change in my behavior and manners.

I expect something more respectful and fruitful from all of you. You have right to defend your side and no one can deny that but please do it with dignity.

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Mr Insaf,
Well no hard feeling.no body gain any thing frm this site.This site is just for fun when u get bored n nothing to do.
Well tell me one thing do u know any of these people in the forums? their identity..All I see same people for last few months.some might be sunni,shia,hindus.....they just killing time n making fun of it.So pls shut down these site and hold hand of Aqa maula in these month of ramazan u will be far better off.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Dear Jayanti,
W. Ivanov who compiled "A Guide to Ismaili Literature", O'Leary who wrote "History of the Fatimid Khalifate", P.J. Vatikoti who wrote "The Fatimid Theory of State", Stanley Lane-poole who wrote "History of Egypt in the Middle Ages", Prof. Browne who wrote "A literary History of the Persia", Prof. R.A. Nicholson who wrote "A literary History of the Arabs" and many others were non-Muslims scholars of Islam. They brought to the world the hidden treasures of Fatimid literature. Excellent work has been done by our earlier Dais especially in Yemen. But Indian Dais, except Sayedna Abdeali Saifuddin have contributed nothing in this regard, though it was their duty.
There is nothing wrong it Sunni or Shia Muslims or even Hindus and Christians participates on this Board. Religion and its interpretation is not the monopoly of Sayedna and his family.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Dear Jayanti,
W. Ivanov who compiled "A Guide to Ismaili Literature", O'Leary who wrote "History of the Fatimid Khalifate", P.J. Vatikoti who wrote "The Fatimid Theory of State", Stanley Lane-poole who wrote "History of Egypt in the Middle Ages", Prof. Browne who wrote "A literary History of the Persia", Prof. R.A. Nicholson who wrote "A literary History of the Arabs" and many others were non-Muslims scholars of Islam. They brought to the world the hidden treasures of Fatimid literature. Excellent work has been done by our earlier Dais especially in Yemen. But Indian Dais, except Sayedna Abdeali Saifuddin have contributed nothing in this regard, though it was their duty.
There is nothing wrong it Sunni or Shia Muslims or even Hindus and Christians participates on this Board. Religion and its interpretation is not the monopoly of Sayedna and his family.
Dear honorable and respected brother Saifuddin Insaf sahib,

As per the order of Imam the office of Dai-al-Mutlaq was shut in Yemen and was opened in Hindustan. Like a branch not performing well is closed and branch with potential prospect is newly opened. Same like, Imam Hussain (a.s.) in his life’s last khutba asked to spare him so that he will settle in Hindustan and leave Medina/Mecca/Arabia.

Were there any Bohras (Ismailiya Mustali) in Hindustan before Kaka Akela and Kaki Akeli ( Allah bless them ) of Khambaat (Gujarat)?

It is because of sizeable contribution of Indian Dai’s efforts that there are Bohras in India and expatriates Indian Bohras in other countries.

First priority is survival of Bohra faith. ‘Survival of Bohras faith’ is the mother set which covers the sub-set ‘religious/Fatimi literature’ that you are talking about. If it was not Hindustan Dai’s efforts then from were these Hindustani and expatriate Bohras have come from?

Molana Fakhruddin (r.a.) was Dai-al-Balagh ( which is superior designation than Dai-al-Mutlaq ) who sacrificed his head for the survival of Bohra Faith (which cover sub-set literature).

Dai-al-Mutlaq Molana Sayyedna Qutab-ud-din, Ahmedabad like Hussain (a.s.) in the word of Moinuddin Hasan Chisti, Ajmeri : “… sir dad, na dad dar dast a Yazeed ”, has sacrificed his head but not succumbed to literature/faith of Awwal/Sani/Salis follower Aurangzeb!

When Kotwal (policemen of Aurangzeb) came to arrest Molana Qutab-ud-din, his daughter Ajab Bu said, “undar padaro aap, undar padaro aap, apan kom che ghareeb”. What is the meaning of Ajab Bu sentence? Narrators of ‘Nasihat’ infers that in ‘Daur-us-Satr’ when the Imam is in seclusion then the Dai-al-Mutlaq is like a ‘Azu zatul bait’ (Eldest lady of house), Imam is like Ghar dhani and when he is expire ( Imam is always present this analogy is to explain the meaning ) the widow of the house (Dai-al-Mutlaq) will sit in ‘Iddat’ and in ‘Iddat’ one is supposed to do only things that are necessary. Role of ‘Azu zatul bait’ is to keep the house members in fold i.e. not to preach Bohra religion to any outsider so to entice him/her to embrace Bohra religion, etc If someone come from outside on his own to embrace Bohra faith then he/she is welcomed however the Dai-al-Mutlaq cannot preach to outsider. After becoming Dai-al-Mutlaq one cannot leave his ‘Zazira’ i.e. one cannot go to perform Haj and Umrah. None of the 46 Dawat-a-Haq went to perform Haj or Umrah after becoming Dai-al-Mutlaq. Thus, the Indian Dai’s have contributed their efforts in preservation of literature and adopting in India, surviving the rough/tough time against the faith.

Fatimi Dawat has faced very rough time and it was because the effort of Indian Dai’s that the Faith (belief/literature/regulations/etc) is alive.

Mola Musan Ji Tajkhan (r.a.), Baroda, Gujarat was thrown in boiling pan of oil!

When the ‘biddat’ of Suleman grew and he conned many Mumins then Molae Raj adopted the dress of ‘fakeer’ and when any body came to grant something to him (in dress of faker) Molae Raj said that I am not that faker, I am faker of Allah, my brother I am Raj, where are you going, listen to me, listen to the right one…. These are how the efforts of Indian Dai’s!

Molae Khan Ji (r.a.) ibn Pheer Ji , Udaipur taught translated ‘Taurat’ from Hibru language to lisn-a-dawat and taught to his able pupil Molae Hakimuddin (r.a.), Burhanpur.

Every Indian Dai have contributed in some way or other as the situation demanded. Like Imam Hasan (a.s.) fought with ‘kalam’ and Imam Hussain (a.s.) fought with ‘alam’.

You are acknowledging that Molana Abd-a-Ali has contributed. Who was Molana Abd-a-Ali (r.a.)? He too was Indian Dai. So there is dichotomy in your statement that in one place you are saying that Indian Dai have not contributed and in next line you are saying that Abd-a-Ali (r.a.) has contributed. When you say that Sayyedna Abd-a-Ali Saifuddin (r.a.) has contributed that makes your charge of Indian Dai not contributing as null and void.

Best regards,

Mubarak

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Imam Hussain (a.s.) in his life’s last khutba asked to spare him so that he will settle in Hindustan and leave Medina/Mecca/Arabia.
Mubarak saheb: what is your source or refrence. it seems quiet fanciful.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 pm

please read "quite".

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:40 am

Forum members,

It's quite clear from Gulf's posting what kind of individual is writing here. Any man who would denigrate women and refer to private bodily functions is quite obviously still not past adolescence - if he is even at that point.
His misogyny is apparent and quite frightening. That there are actually people like this in the world - people who hate so much - is really unnerving.
It's people like these that show us the true character of humans when they have descended into neanderthalism, hate-mongering, and uncivility.
This person is filled with hatred
(and it's usually self-directed, and he uses this forum to project this anger onto others.

My advice, frankly, is to ignore the posts of this rather simple and transparent individual and flag them for the admin to see.

Naveed

Unread post by Naveed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 am

"Well no hard feeling.no body gain any thing frm this site.This site is just for fun when u get bored n nothing to do........... "

Jay Aunty - If you are bored why don't you go and do some parjoosh maatam, maybe it will help with your weight issues too

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:24 pm

With due respect to the emotions of brother Mubarak the point I would like emphasis is that there is much more to be learnt beyond orthodox Jamiah education.
I do not want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Admin,
Thank you for deleting the inappropriate posting.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 am

Admin:
Thank you for deleting inappropriate postings with the explanation.
Keep up the good work

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:07 am

Post deleted due to lot of frustration and confusen references to progress movement. ;)

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Molana Fakhruddin (r.a.) was Dai-al-Balagh ( which is superior designation than Dai-al-Mutlaq ) who sacrificed his head for the survival of Bohra Faith (which cover sub-set literature).
Br. Mubarak,

AS

Is This Molana Fakhruddin same as Fakhruddin shaheed of Galiyakot?

Thanks,
Aarif

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Originally posted by Aareef:
Br. Mubarak,

AS

Is This Molana Fakhruddin same as Fakhruddin shaheed of Galiyakot?

Thanks,
Aarif
Walekum afzal salam,

Dear Br. Aarif,

Yes, Molai Sayyedi Fakhruddin (r.a.) belongs to Galiyakot. In my original post I have used the title "Molana" that was mistake. The right title is "Molai" or "Sayyadi".

He was appointed "Dai-al-Balagh" by the then Imam-uz-zaman who was 'zahir' and not went in seclusion.

One question will pop: should he be superior than Dai-al-Mutlaq

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 pm

then why the title "Moali" or "Sayyedi" is used and not "Molana" or "Sayyedina".
Answer is: In Zahir, whomsoever will be the top in hierarchy will be termed as "Molana" and rest as "Molai". Becasue Imam was in Zahoor that is why Dai-al-Balagh Molai Fakhruddin Shaheed is ref. as Molai or Sayyadi Fakhruddin shaheed.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Br. Mubarak,

Thank you very much for the information. The reason why I wanted to know this was that sometime back I had started this thread based on my personal experience in Galiyakot:

http://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/cgi-bin/U ... 1;t=002415

I had mentioned Fakhruddin Shaheed as Dai in this thread and Kaka Akela had criticized me to the core by saying that I am completely ignorant about the bohra Dai history and Fakhruddin Shaheed was Just an Aamil etc. .. Now, from your post it is clear that my assumption about this GRT man was right...

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:23 am

Originally posted by Mubarak:
then why the title "Moali" or "Sayyedi" is used and not "Molana" or "Sayyedina".
Answer is: In Zahir, whomsoever will be the top in hierarchy will be termed as "Molana" and rest as "Molai". Becasue Imam was in Zahoor that is why Dai-al-Balagh Molai Fakhruddin Shaheed is ref. as Molai or Sayyadi Fakhruddin shaheed.
I wonder what this Dai-al balagh post was created for and which Imam ( tayyibi mustalian imam) was in zahoor at that time.....
Secondly, as far as i know Sayyedi Fakhruddin was a missionary of dawah and was killed(martyred, if it pleases you)by local tribal people.

babu

Unread post by babu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:42 am

Dialogizm From MRs. OMA BHARTI TO ADMIN OD THIS FORUM :
--------------------
omabharti
Very active
Member # 608
------------------------
posted September 16, 2008 09:02 AM
Admin
Can you also please delete the quote by Smart in Truebohra's posting Just the quote about Syedna
It has no place on this forum
-----------
posted September 10, 2008 06:16 AM
This thread is about Understanding Bohras and Br. Insaf was doing a nice job till once again people with their own agendas diverted the topic and moved away from original topic.
ADMINISTRATION SHOULD MONITOR THE THREAD AND ANY TIME THIS GETS DIVERTED IN PERSONAL ATTACK ON BELIEFS, THEY SHOULD STEP IN AND BLOCK IT OR DIVERT TO OTHER THREAD
------------------------

posted September 10, 2008 06:21 AM
Why is this discussion going on under Sk Rajab Ali..
passed away. Like Areef said in previous thread let him rest in peace and not invoke his name for this thread
Can these type of discussion be used under Islam Folder rather on this folder....
Administrator please check if the heading of the thread has any thing to do with the discussion
Again and again either Non Dawoodi Bohras and Kothari Goons always hijack the main topic and turn into their personal score setting.
----------------------------
posted August 30, 2008 02:49 PM
Admin
Please delete the last posting by Jayanti, She has crossed the lines of civility.
-----------------------------------

posted February 07, 2008 07:41 AM
Admin:
How can you allow the language in last posting by MUMINEEN.This should be deleted.
-------------------------------------

posted January 26, 2008 08:08 AM

Your posting is correct and may I ASK ADMIN TO REMOVE MY POSTING AS IT MIGHT CREATE CONFUSION AND MIS-INFORMATION
Thanks Br. Hussain for info and clarification
----------------------------------------
posted December 26, 2007 09:46 AM

Admin:
Can you plese delete the post by Gulf or atleast if you want to expose the language these people learn at their Sabaq then atleast edit the word by leaving the first letter only.
IT SHOWS THE ADAB AND TEHZIB THESE PEOPLE LEARN FROM THEIR AAMIL SAHEBS
--------------------------------------
posted December 16, 2007 08:05 AM
Admin:
Some of the latests posting by Ponga and Aarif has crossed the lines of civility. If you want to keep this board where families can visit then you have to take some stern action.There are people from other side who would love to make this message board an irrelevant and rejoice.With verbal garbage between Aarif and Ponga Bohri, this message board should now be declared as "R"rated site.
---------------------------------------------
posted October 18, 2007 01:20 PM
Admin
Could you please delete my last post as it has expletive words posted by Pig
posted August 23, 2007 09:29 AM
Admin:
Here we go again the posts from the ill informed,unfortunate who started calling names and we are asked to control ourselves,
I THINK YOU SHOULD START EDITING THESE MORONIC POSTS FROM KOTHARIS OR IF YOU DECIDE TO BAN THEM, NOBODY WILL MISS THEM EXCEPT FOR THE VALUE OF ENTERTAINMENT THEY PROVIDE
---------------------------------
posted August 19, 2007 08:41 PM
Admin
Thanks for removing the non sense post and the warning to those unfortunate and ill informed bunch
who have exceeded our hospitality on this message board.
---------------------------------------
posted August 02, 2007 03:26 PM
Admin
You told us to be civil following is the quote from DUKKAR (dawat e lisan translation of his name pig)
What is wrong if I address Pro Pig in Dawat e Lisan language which they understand very well
--------------------------------------------
posted June 03, 2007 08:39 AM
Admin.
I think you have given too much freedom to this Kotharis. This message board is for messages and not posting pictures and diverting the topic
Zack who gave a long lecture on his website about not offending and using foul language should be proud of his friends and should be happy that these people will be using his web site.
posted May 16, 2007 08:45 AM
Admin
Please refrain people from posting haha.... type of messages and if they have nothing to say, please delete their postings. We donot want Kotharis to take unnecessary advantage of the freedom of expression we are providing.
------------------------------
posted November 23, 2006 07:28 AM
I had posted the names and the link earlier on this board, If Admin. can search and help me since I am very novice in navigating this message board.

posted February 20, 2006 09:56 AM
Admin: This discussion is getting down right childish and ugly. It is degrading into toilet bowl dialogue and this should be flushed out as soon as possible. You donot want this message board to stink with this kind of on going dialogue
-------------------------------

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:05 am

Originally posted by Mubarak:
Mubark Bhai, Please do not mislead the members. Where did you find that Fakhruddin Shaheed was Dai Ul Balagh? The last known and declare dai ul Balagh was Sydetna Araw bint Salman (Hurratul Maleka). Fakhruddin Shaheed was among the first converts to Ismaili/musta'ali/ Tayyabi sect. He was a missionary like other famous preachers of that time like Molai Abdullah, Moulai Ahmed and Molai Nooruddin.
As far as title Syedi is concern it was started only after the announcement of first Dai Ul Mutalaq Syedna Zoeb by Sydetna Hurratul Maleka and Mazoon and Mukasir were addressed by the title of Syedi. At the time of Imams etiher in Satr or Kashf, numbers of missionaries were sent to different parts of the world to preach the religion that's why it called dawat -e- Fatmi (now this concept has been changed completely). So the prechers or dai were givent the title of moulai by their followers.