Are Bohra's safe in India ??

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Conscíous

Are Bohra's safe in India ??

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:19 am

With all the sectarian violence around the world and near its borders, it's only a matter of time, before it spills over to India.. It's no secret that small minorities have been/are being a targeted in rural areas and others places around India.. We see tension rising between different religious and ethnic groups, and daily demonstrations for one thing or another, and insurgents (activist) infiltrating all kinds of group's (even this forum) with ideas of rebel.. I understand the treat to our Dawat and our Maula faces.. Some might say, I'm exaggerating or being paranoid.. What do you think?? Are Bohra's safe in India?? Is our Dawat and its institution safe in India??

Fateh

Re: Are Bohra's safe in India ??

Unread post by Fateh » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 am

Yes dawat & its institution is very safe in India but about Dawoodi bohara we can not say any thing.I am 100% sure we are so unsafe under this corrupt Dawoodi bohara institution.

Conscíous

Pakistan, India spar in Kashmir in worst border violence in

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Pakistan, India spar in Kashmir in worst border violence in years

SRINAGAR, India — After a decade of relative quiet, Indian and Pakistani troops are shelling each other with vigor again along their disputed border, raising tension between the nuclear-armed nations and forcing hundreds of villagers to flee.

Many fear there is worse to come. Continue reading here http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/pak ... story.html

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:37 pm

More good news..

India's BJP names Hindu nationalist Narendra Modi as election candidate
Modi to run for prime minister despite critics depicting him as an extremist to blame for 2002 mob violence against Muslims

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... i-election

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Religious riots displace 10,000 in northern India – report
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Thu, 12 Sep 2013 01:29 PM

NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – Around 10,000 people have been forced to leave their homes in northern India since religious riots erupted five days ago, the Times of India reported on Thursday, in a sign of rising tension between Hindus and Muslims ahead of a general election due by May.
Continue reading here http://www.trust.org/item/2013091213292 ... urce=hptop

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Dawat Nee Haree Bharee Vadi ma bhee bohra SAFE nathi ... :(

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Ohh.. So ignorant of me for asking so silly questions like this.. Let me rephrase my question.. Is it safe to go for zyrat tour to India?? I'm sure, many of us are inching for this trip with our family's and wondering about our safety..

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:05 pm

With the RSS stooge and butcher of muslims, Narendra Modi being nominated as BJP's prime ministerial candidate there will be an all out effort by the saffron brigade to bring back their slogan of 'Hindu Rashtra' and woo the hindus who form the majority in this country. This may lead to anti muslim rhetorics and if the mood touches feverish pitch then the hindus will not differentiate between Muslims and Bohras. Every Muslim sect will be painted with the same brush !! Even the Rs.One crore cheque and felicitation of Advani, Modi and Thackerey didn't have any effect on the biased minds of Hindus and one such example is their refusal to allow Muslims including Bohras to buy flats not only in Congress ruled states like Maharashtra but even in Gujarat cities like Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot Vadodara etc.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Conscíous wrote: Is it safe to go for zyrat tour to India??
Recently there were communal riots instigated by BJP and RSS in Uttar Pradesh which is ruled by Samajwadi Party which is seen as pro muslims so don't be surprised if they instigate more riots in BJP ruled states like Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh where there are maximum number of Bohra ziarats. This may or may not happen depending on their evil hidden agendas.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:02 am

I don't know how to explain all this with my sixth grad English but I'll give a shot..
From what I know, our Maula has never criticize or taken a stand on the on going conflict in Kashmir, Palestine or the western nations for publishing cartoons of prophet muhammad pbuh.. By this he has not created new enemy's ( external threat ) while nurturing his friendship with people like Hindu nationalist Narendra Modi and his likes around the world so our institution are intact and functioning.. The Abde's call this, playing smart.. While the progressive call him a coward..

I don't know yet, how riots irrupt in India and who are the victims.. But I have a impression, it is those whom are very poor, living in villages (like what we are seeing in Burma).. I agree with Br Fateh, in a riot, our institutions are safe because our Dawat has good ties with the police but what about those living in villages (if we have any) and heavily populated areas?? Is there any real danger to them??

Another thing that concerns me as a foreigner thinking about traveling around India.. What are the chances of getting attacked by a mob?? Can one just walk anywhere with Saya Kruta or is it this uniform that is going to save us Bohra's from the violence??

And than we have the internal treat.. We see multi division in side.. Fighting for power and position.. Then we have the reformist, fighting against the ideology that is being perched and practiced..

Bhai GM,,
It will be interesting to see how the situation develops in the coming months/years..

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:24 am

Br Conscious

You have raised an interesting point, which is worth discussing over.

Is adopting the Saya-Kurta as pristine Bohra Muslim Identity help bohras to be safe from anti-muslim hatred & violence ?

Who will turn against bohras ? Muslims themselves or Non-Muslims ?
-------------------------------------------------------
Rampaging mob does not really care who is who in the frenzy. Other than targeted killing, as happening in Pakistan !

In my opinion, bohras are so far conducting themselves fine, but with heightening craze of Kothar Royals, increasing visibility of wealth and affluence may create an envious environment in heart of others.

Kothar leadership is increasing the political influence, but how much that benefits down to bohra commoners is yet to be proven. There are several cases of bohra murders in Gujarat Riots, which never made any headlines, police action is far dream. One can understand the politically smart move by kothar leaders to appease NaMo and his party for future gains. But its cowardice and shameful to look over innocent lives lost and no justice handed out to their murderers.

Kothar’s efforts of political influence will only benefit those wealthy who are in good books. Bohra community under the care of kothar is shrinking and becoming an exclusive club of rich bohras who are complimenting or supporting kothari lifestyle. Majority of commoner bohras are on their own funding the corrupt machinery.