Seattle Jamaat Board Members: Rampant Corruption

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
seattle_mumena

Seattle Jamaat Board Members: Rampant Corruption

Unread post by seattle_mumena » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Email received by all Seattle Jamaat members from Shaikh Akbar Devaswala <mandvitools@gmail.com>:

Baad Salaam il Jameel,

Mumineen ane mumenaat,

Chand zaroori aylaanat jena par aapni tawajjo chahu chu.

A number of irregularities that were committed in the Seattle Jamaat, during last Shehrullahil Moazzam have been noticed! I would like to take this opportunity to make the mumineen of Seattle aware of them & what they should be doing this Shehrullah.

1. Vajebaat Arz: During vajebaat bethak a few mumineen have mentioned that when they did araz of Zakaat ul Maal, higher than what they had done last year. On this, they were asked not to do so, rather divert them to other non obligatory columns items like Niyaz, hoob etc.

Mumineen should be aware that the foundation of all barakaat lies in doing as much vajebaat araz as possible. It is one of the 7 daims that we follow. It is Allah Ta’ala’s haq which He has fixed at 2.5% of your capital. Aqa Maula (tus) with karam & ehsaan accepts our vajebaat even though it is way below what it should be and makes our halaal maal paak. Our aim should be to minimise the gap between what is vajib and what we actually pay. Under no circumstances & pressure should the Zakaat and Khumus amounts be diverted to fund other initiatives.

2. Misappropriation of Funds: A number of mumineen have also mentioned that, last year, they were asked to contribute to Niyaz e Husain (SA) whereas their online statement displayed in the category of “General Contribution”.

Mumineen, our tassavur is, contributions we are making are going to Aqa Maula (tus), so it should not matter whether there is this internal transfer of funds. However, this is not right. If you have been asked/or have voluntarily contributed funds into Niyaz e Husain, or Faiz e Mawaid e Burhani or other areas, then the body receiving your funds does not have the authority to use it for any purpose they deem fit. That is misappropriation of funds. The only exception is if there is a farman from Aqa Maula’s or Aali Qadr Maula’s office, as these farman(s) overrides everything because apni jaan ane maal na malik Maula che. And it is with this tasawwur, if there is such a farman then that should be read out in a public forum so that everyone is aware of it.

3. Qasre Aali Saheb Iftar: Last year funds were collected for the iftar of Qasre Aali Sahebo. It is indeed a matter of grave honor and pride as well as Aqa Maula’s karam and ehsaan that he allowed mumineen to do iftaar of his Ahayl.

But the question is why would Aqa Maula (tus) give such a sharaf to just the Seattle Jamaat? Shouldn’t this sharaf be extended to other Jamaats as well? Not only in America but the entire world? Also I have reliably learnt that the collection that was made was not deposited into the accounts of Dawat e Hadiyah, America. It went out as a personal cheque which would eventually araz’d to Aqa Maula (tus). This is an absurd & highly irregular procedure. Aqa Maula (tus) has appointed an Ameen for North America – Behlulbhaisaheb. An Ameen is someone whom Aqa Maula (tus) trusts with his Amanat & a signatory to Aqa Maula’s funds. All funds to be araz to Aqa Maula (tus) need to be araz to Dawat e Hadiyah, America and no personal cheques should be made out to other individuals.

During Ashara Mubaraka, like all previous years, mumineen did Niyaz e Husain (SA) araz for araz to Aqa Maula (tus). This time around instead of depositing that amount with the Dawat e Hadiyah office your Jamaat office bearers sent a personal cheque in the name of your Aamil Saheb. Again why are personal cheques being made out to individuals when there is a Dawat office in LA. At the very least your raqam should be registered there by the Jamaat committee and with the approval of Behlulbhaisaheb can be sent elsewhere. Then it is Aqa Maula’s (tus) Ameen who has given the raza to do whatever transfer is necessary.

Mumineen my humble request to you is to make sure that such farmans are read out in public and not casually mentioned during namaaz. Secondly, any contributions that you want to do towards Aqa Maula (tus) should be done in the form of a cheque made payable to Dawat e Hadiyah, America so that they get deposited in the right account. Please do not give Cash or Self Cash Cheques or Cheques made out to your local Jamaat.

4. Mumineen in Riba: I have very reliably learnt that Vajebaat, Sabeel, Niyaz and Faiz e Mawaid funds are being collected from mumineen involved in riba. With the raza of Aqa Maula (tus), there is a farmaan in place, since the last six years, from Shz Aali Vaqaar Shz Qaedjohar bhaisaheb Ezzuddin saheb, that NO Vajebaat, Sabeel ul Khair val Barakaat, and Niyaz e Husain (SA) funds should be collected from mumineen who are in Riba. This has now been extended to contribution to Faiz e Mawaid e Burhani.

Mumineen, this farman from Shehzadasaheb, is not to deprive mumineen of any sawab but the neeyat is that mumineen should save every little bit and get out of this bala, as soon as possible. The faster you cleanse yourself of this bala the faster the doors of barakaat will open for you. All our sawab comes from the fact that Aqa Maula (tus) has given us the raza to contribute to these causes. So even if you contribute, to feel that you are doing a good deed, know that you are not getting the benefit of any sawab and just prolonging your time in riba. The only contribution that you should be doing is paying Zakatul Fitr or Silah Fitra. For this Maula (tus) has given his raza mubarak.

It is every momin’s wish that they be a part of building a masjid in their moze so that Allah makes a home for them in jannat. Many mumineen who are in riba have contributed to this. When Ebrahimbhaisaheb bin Shz Qaedjoharbhaisaheb was raising funds in North America, he did not accept any funds from mumineen in riba for Masjid e Azam bil Kufa, but accepted their pledges. Similarly you should pledge your amounts and if you have already contributed, please request for your money back and get out of riba as soon as possible.

If you are being pressurized in anyway to act in a manner different from what I have advised, please feel free to send the details of your case in reply to this email or to the sahebs copied on this email. I will compile a list of such cases and do araz in Al Vazaratus Saifiyah for necessary action. As you can see all of last year’s discrepancies have already come to our notice and we are already looking into the matter.

May Allah Ta’ala grant our beloved Aqa Maula (tus) and his mansoos Aali Qadr maula (tus) a long and healthy life ta roze qayamat. Ameen!

Abde Syedna (tus) al Mina'am va Mansoosehi Aali Qadr Maula (tus)

Akbar Devaswala
Mumbai

SBM

Re: Seattle Jamaat Board Members: Rampant Corruption

Unread post by SBM » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Time to report to FBI

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 pm

SBM wrote:Time to report to FBI
you have been talking of reporting things to FBI and CIA from years now, being in US have you reported single thing till now?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 pm

incredible wrote:
SBM wrote:Time to report to FBI
you have been talking of reporting things to FBI and CIA from years now, being in US have you reported single thing till now?
When did I say things like that, please provide me one link. For your information, CIA can not investigate local crimes
So next time before you say anything irresponsible, please provide the proof and my quote was figure of speech....

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 am

Seatle Momina behan needs other avenues to fulfill her religious duty. To distribute her share of tax to the rightful recipients according to the orders of Allah. When I share my earnings I get 70 times the happiness of ammount of money donated. Barkat in true form.

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 am

Posting this email from Devaswala is an excellent idea!

It would be interesting to see how things proceed, and what action is taken by the people of Seattle or the Dawat e Hadiyah or the CIA or FBI for that matter.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm

lots of misappropriations in atlanta also. This year salams were forcefully taken by the jamaat goons for bewe moula, mazoom and mukasir. mumineen were asked to write personal checks even if they were in riba. The checks were sent to los angeles jamaat where they were cashed. If need be i can also disclose the bank where the checks were cashed. This kind of money grabbing was never seen before in this religion, if it can be called a religion from what is going on now a days.

seattle_mumena

Unread post by seattle_mumena » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Rather than honestly trying to answer the accusations raised by Shaikh Abbas Devaswala and assuaging the broader community concerns in an open forum, the pathetic response of the corrupt board was as follows:

Baad Afzalus Salaam.

With the Karam and Ehsaan of Aqa Maula tus and Aali Qadr Maula tus Anjumane Burhani (Seattle) has been established as a Jamaat for the past 8 years.

A Jamaat committee has been established with the Raza Mubarak of Aqa Maula tus, who under the guidance of Janab Aamil Saheb carries out various farmaans and Irshadaat from AqaMaula Tus and Aali Qadr Maula Tus.

Mumineen Mukhleseen are very well aware of the importance of Raza. Our ibadaat, khair na Amaal are accepted because we believe and perform amal (deeds) with Raza.

*If any individual without Raza tries to spread any kind of misleading information we would strongly condemn it and reject such accusations. Khuda hamne aa misal ni bad tasawwur si mehfooz rakhe.*

Board of Directors can be reached at the following contacts.

on behalf of Anjuman-e-Burhani (Seattle)*

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 pm

This is a standard, proforma response from a set of dummies who must toe the line. What else can you expect? All thorny issues must be shoved under the (plush Persian) carpets... but not for long. The thorny issues will grow and grow as time passes and will come to bite the very fat asses that now warm the carpet. :)

Starwars

Unread post by Starwars » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm

1. Vajebaat Arz: During vajebaat bethak a few mumineen have mentioned that when they did araz of Zakaat ul Maal, higher than what they had done last year. On this, they were asked not to do so, rather divert them to other non obligatory columns items like Niyaz, hoob etc.
2. Misappropriation of Funds: A number of mumineen have also mentioned that, last year, they were asked to contribute to Niyaz e Husain (SA) whereas their online statement displayed in the category of “General Contribution”.
3. Qasre Aali Saheb Iftar: Last year funds were collected for the iftar of Qasre Aali Sahebo. It is indeed a matter of grave honor and pride as well as Aqa Maula’s karam and ehsaan that he allowed mumineen to do iftaar of his Ahayl.
Abde Syedna (tus) al Mina'am va Mansoosehi Aali Qadr Maula (tus), Akbar Devaswala, Mumbai[/quote]

WHEN WILL THIS ALL HERO WORSHIP END?! ARE THESE FOLKS BRAIN DEAD OR PERMANENTLY HYPNOTISED?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:34 am

I meet the bohra brothers whenever there is a burial at the local Qabrastan. When asked why I dont give Yari (attend Waiz) my reply always is I cannot afford the gas expenditure. Pan koshish karis. They know, they all know.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:10 pm

they are both.