Shredded my Ejamaat Card

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Truth-Prevails

Shredded my Ejamaat Card

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:28 am

This morning I was going through the cards in my wallet and came across my ejamaat card. The golden one with the RFID...

I instantly decided to shred it and it made me feel liberated from all the nonsense Sh. MS and his brothers have been doing for the last so many years. Register for this, scan you card for that, we will monitor the tasbeeh you are doing and monitor the Moharrams you have attended.

Finally I can say my faith is between me, my maker and and my dai. No more fear and nonsense of Kothar.

Maybe be we need to organize a Ejamaat Shredding event..

rational_guy

Re: Shredded my Ejamaat Card

Unread post by rational_guy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 am

I will be doing the same shredding tonight. I am already feeling good about it.

way2go

Unread post by way2go » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 am

Truth-Prevails wrote:This morning I was going through the cards in my wallet and came across my ejamaat card. The golden one with the RFID...

I instantly decided to shred it and it made me feel liberated from all the nonsense Sh. MS and his brothers have been doing for the last so many years. Register for this, scan you card for that, we will monitor the tasbeeh you are doing and monitor the Moharrams you have attended.

Finally I can say my faith is between me, my maker and and my dai. No more fear and nonsense of Kothar.

Maybe be we need to organize a Ejamaat Shredding event..
Kudos to you Truth-Prevails! :) Applaud you....now I have to muster the courage to do the same to mine....at present restraining myself due to family obligations.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 am

I didn't even bother to carry my card while migrating Australia, but my parents have it, once I go there not just I will shred it, but also post picture here. lol

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 am

I m wondering, I have not been hauled up to account my activities in Ejamat Card. On some occasions I refused to have my ejamat card swiped and walked-in through the gates. All I got was stern looks from zealous abdes but no hassles. Morever my ejamat card is coded in “yellow” category and yet I have access to all the facilities.

Also the list of events runs long in my ejamat card which says “not attended” , infact its all “not attended”, interestingly I have warnings section which too is empty ! It was interesting to see the “warning” section !!

I m not goin to shred my ejamat card, I have not been oppressed yet ! I m happy with the services I get !

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 am

Gandhi's first protest (in South Africa)

Burning passes must watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNmJqRV7LOA
Last edited by monginis on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 am

Yes lets make it an event, it may look small thing, but ultimately it will appear as a symbol of freedom and protest against kothari un islamic demands.

also forward this news on what's up and newspapers.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:11 am

humanbeing wrote:I m wondering, I have not been hauled up to account my activities in Ejamat Card. On some occasions I refused to have my ejamat card swiped and walked-in through the gates. All I got was stern looks from zealous abdes but no hassles. Morever my ejamat card is coded in “yellow” category and yet I have access to all the facilities.

Also the list of events runs long in my ejamat card which says “not attended” , infact its all “not attended”, interestingly I have warnings section which too is empty ! It was interesting to see the “warning” section !!

I m not goin to shred my ejamat card, I have not been oppressed yet ! I m happy with the services I get !
the way you are obliged to carry your card to enter house of ALLAH is insult and oppression in its own way.

abbasb

Unread post by abbasb » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 am

Alhamdu-lillah, I never made mine in the first place :)

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what objective will this infantile act achieve?

The fact that you obtained an EJamaat card in the first place shows that you were culpable, docile, or coerced into obtaining it. The shredding of 10, 100, 10,000 cards will achieve nothing. Whether it is MS or KQ or XY as Dai, Bohras will always be subservient. Tens of thousands are not literate or have the wherewithal to inquire. Day after day they are busy earning their living. It is this populace that is and will always be the backbone of Kothar. Kothar is Gujarati word meaning 'a place where grain is stored'. Just substitute 'money' with 'grain' and you get the idea!

The broad objective should be to force Dais and Daism out of our system. Like hundreds of sects, sub-sects, bawas, pujaris, mullas, sadhus, priests, clergy and so on, Kothar has totally subjugated the community; made it cower by this and that chitti, dress code, imposition of all sorts of taxes and in worse cases enforcement by undesirables at their beck and call. Kothar, an institution of Shias, with the sole mandate of imparting Deen has sunken down to a level where it enlists such scum to enforce its self-serving objectives.

think

Unread post by think » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm

very well said indeed. gulami should come out of the nerves. Musa nabi tried and showed a lot of mojezas to the yahoodi tribes under slavery of firaun, but still some were very satisfied to be slaves of firon and make bricks day in and day out , than to accept the freedom musa nabi was offering.
gulami and haram khori is now in their veins and on top of that the very name vohra means businessman. The kothar folks are like leeches.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Mkenya wrote:Can anyone please enlighten me as to what objective will this infantile act achieve?

The fact that you obtained an EJamaat card in the first place shows that you were culpable, docile, or coerced into obtaining it. The shredding of 10, 100, 10,000 cards will achieve nothing. Whether it is MS or KQ or XY as Dai, Bohras will always be subservient. Tens of thousands are not literate or have the wherewithal to inquire. Day after day they are busy earning their living. It is this populace that is and will always be the backbone of Kothar. Kothar is Gujarati word meaning 'a place where grain is stored'. Just substitute 'money' with 'grain' and you get the idea!

The broad objective should be to force Dais and Daism out of our system. Like hundreds of sects, sub-sects, bawas, pujaris, mullas, sadhus, priests, clergy and so on, Kothar has totally subjugated the community; made it cower by this and that chitti, dress code, imposition of all sorts of taxes and in worse cases enforcement by undesirables at their beck and call. Kothar, an institution of Shias, with the sole mandate of imparting Deen has sunken down to a level where it enlists such scum to enforce its self-serving objectives.
my e jamat card is like almost 6-7 years old, I dont have the latest one neither I applied for it, but scrapping such cards will start a spark of liberty and freedom, things can start moving.

I perfectly understand you want to cling to your card like human being to enjoy freeloading jaman events, but at least dont defend it.