dai mul islam

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
manfar

dai mul islam

Unread post by manfar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 am

can any one please send me the link to online reading of Dai-mul-Islam volume 2.?

anajmi

Re: dai mul islam

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 am

Haven't found it online. Doesn't look like it has been made available online.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:39 pm

I think there are 2 versions of the same, one which the Ismailis follow and the other which Bohras follow. However the TRUE version as per the Dai's doctrine is not available for public..... Aa taawil che.

Munira_RV

Unread post by Munira_RV » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:44 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:I think there are 2 versions of the same, one which the Ismailis follow and the other which Bohras follow.
Kindly provide proof on which you based your thinking above?

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:06 am

Part 2 is not available on line at least in english. You can buy a gujarati version available from Mr. Yunus Baluwala in mumbai.. cost about
Rs 600 for both part 1 and part 2.( Gujriati)

Part 2 english version by Mr. Poonawala is available on certain online book stores.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:41 pm

Munira_RV wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:I think there are 2 versions of the same, one which the Ismailis follow and the other which Bohras follow.
Kindly provide proof on which you based your thinking above?
I already said that I THINK there 2 versions which means I categorically said that Iam not sure and if Iam wrong then you are free to correct me.

Isn't it true that Bohras are kept away from reading the book ? It means that there is a so called version with the Dai and his henchmen which they believe to be true and which is not public.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:33 pm

The complete book is available on this website in Hindi:

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/pdfs/daim-hindi.pdf

Also, contrary to what GM says, the daim al-Islam is an open book, and available at many places. Obviously, the traditional reading of the book with a teacher would require permission, but one can just buy it, or loan a copy from the library (or read the Hindi translation above). There is no difference between the version publicly available, and the one used in Bohra seminaries. In fact, Ismaili Poonawala has done a careful survey of the available manuscripts, and according to his bibliography, there are only minor differences (this is not uncommon as often errors creep when texts like these are copied).