I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is its Gate

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
labbaikyaHussain

I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is its Gate

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 am

Allah draws us on to all that is kind and good, for that way lies the forgiveness of our sins, and greater real prosperity and satisfaction. No kind or generous act ever ruined any one. As Allah knows all our motives and cares for all, and has everything in His power, it is obvious which course a wise man will choose. But wisdom is rare, and it is only wisdom that can appreciate true well-being and distinguish it from the false appearance of well-being.

Allah says in the Quran that, “He grants wisdom to whom He pleases; and he to whom wisdom is granted receives indeed a benefit overflowing.” (2:269)

The word wisdom in the holy Quran implies the best knowledge seeking to act with fullness and soundness of one’s own conscience. True knowledge is spiritual illumination or divine guidance worked through the grace of Allah as and when the necessity for it occurs. This being the active result of the constant seeking for it by man from the All Wise and the Almighty. The highest kind of this unique gift is revelation through divine agency which is conferred upon the divinely chosen and the purified ones, i.e. Prophets and Imaams.

Allah orders to His chosen ones in His book Quran that, “Invite (all) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best.” (16:125)

This divine plan to send the Last Prophet with the most advanced knowledge and wisdom is to convey the final message along with the provision for the continuance of the divine guidance to the last day of the life of the world. Hence the All Wise, Almighty created Ahl-e-Bait-Rasool (AS), the People of the Holy House of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA), with the purity needed for the purpose of their mission.

Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) said, “I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is its Gate.” And also “I am the House of Wisdom and Ali is its Gate.” And also “None shall convey anything or preach on my behalf save myself or Ali who is mine and I am his.”

Allah says in the Holy Quran that, “Verily We have shown him (man) the way, be he (man) grateful or ungrateful.” It has been left to the independent choice or the responsibility of every individual seeker after truth, to know these divine agencies of true guidance and be guided aright, or to reject them and get astray. The right way has been shown to man for all times.