Future of Bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
asad

Future of Bohras

Unread post by asad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 am

Is their really any future for Bohras in todays world. How can Bohras compete in the fast changing world. The so called 100% educated community is not educated but just literate to write their name(please dont take it in literal sense). Almost 80% woman above 50's are hardly literate not even 8th pass, for man that percentage in that group should be around 50%. So we have people in their 30's and 40's who are raised by people who are not much educated,
on top of these people are either married or engaged at a very early age, for boys its around 20-24 and girls 17-21. How can we expect progress from people who are barely educated and pressurized by family problems at a very early age. Its a deadly concoction and potent to erode community much further then it has already been.

brain_dead

Re: Future of Bohras

Unread post by brain_dead » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:40 am

Are you from another planet ?

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 am

brain_dead wrote:Are you from another planet ?
yes, Its called Planet of DB's. I belong to a planet where every one thinks that do whatever you want and in the end one will be heading to jannat, where nothing talks but the color green(money), Where you are given high status in Allah's house with purchased titles. In short i live in a place which is nothing but a sham. and just if you have not noticed we all look same, behave same, talk same and now even eat same so in short we are zombies acting on cue of the ring master called clergy.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 am

Future of Bohras = DARK

They love to be SLAVES ........... so who are we to stop them?? This slavery is an addiction, they love to be humiliated, kicked and used.

tml87

Unread post by tml87 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Asad, you are right. The early marriage edict that is being relentlessly preached recently is indeed a potent concoction and a particularly devious ploy by the Bohra hierarchy. One must marry early and have children early to assimilate oneself into the supposed Bohra utopia and everything will be all right. No questions asked. Literally. At least, that is the less insidious explanation I can give for it.
It is my sincere belief that a lot of this marriage brouhaha stems from another more sinister train of thought. I genuinely believe that the Bohra hierarchy and the Qasr-e-Ali in particular are staunch proponents of a eugenics sort of philosophy, i.e. our "blood" is superior to other peoples. They wish to make sure that young people marry early and marry Bohra so that mixing of "blood" does not occur. Evidence that their mindset is along these lines is easily found when you consider where they primarily derive their own spouses: from within their own large, extended family. They consider their bloodline to be superior to that of the ordinary Bohra, never mind other religions. It is an incredibly biologically unsound strategy. I would not find it surprising if many of the children of the Qasr-e-Ali suffer from genetic disorders because of this.
Also, I must point out that the Bohra gene pool is not exactly large and varied. Many of us are interrelated to each other which can have dire consequences for future generations if marriages continue to take place, like they do, within limited Bohra circles. One need only look at the low fertility rates and genetic disorders within the Parsi community to know the effects of the scientifically unsound edicts of the Bohra clergy.

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Tml87 you have made an interesting point.
can any one point out how many girls from qasre Aali have married outside the fold of their extended family, i bet none. they now dont even marry to baite zaini guys. where as i know of few girls who married to low wrung bhai sahabs and divorced after they didnt adjust to the 'lifestyle'. Wives of one or two shezadas is out side of the extended family from ship chandlers but he was a sycophant and a very rich guy of his time

So in short they are OK to take your girls(only very highly connected ultra rich sheikhs) but dont even dare to ask their girls hands.

Their mind set is that their blood is superior to you. Have you seen how people are treated by low wrung two bit great grand kids of dai and their cronies. on the face they will show you respect but just dont comply and hear the religious blackmailing. Their diwans are so well trained in this whole exercise that a well respected person outside with a high ego meeks in front of them.

Whole of qasre Aali use to call us as raiyat(in hindi Praja, english subjects) just few years back they have changed it to mumineen but the meaning is still same in their eyes.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:45 am

I was visiting a small town in Gujarat. I was interacting with few youngsters during my visit. Any religious intellectual discussion revolves around Whereabouts and Glorification of Sayedna sahib and Royal Family. I observed some profound beliefs in one young bohra mumin.

“Sayedna Sahib’s health condition is due to Sins of commoner bohra mumins”

“Shehzada and Shehzadi are of royal blood, superior in flesh and intellect than commoners”

“Royal members are so humble, they treat commoner as equal as them. He was excitingly stating his experience of how a shehzada benevolently placed his arm around a commoner mumin and listened to his araz”

“Royal Family is so simple and down-to-earth in their presentation. They wear simple Ridas and Kurta Saya as compared to flashy and expensive ridas worn by commoners”

“Royal Family is blessed with beautiful childrens, who are fair and plum as pink. They have gifted radiance on their faces. No children are dark or ugly looking”

“Royal family has immense wealth of their own, they just organize the wealth redistribution amongst needy in our community”

“Royal family and its authorized Amils are the only true source of knowledge about Quran, for which they have spent years and years learning the Zahiri and Batini meanings”

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 am

In mumbai thier is commonly used slang for qasre aali its "Qasre Mawali"

londonwala

Unread post by londonwala » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 am

Some fair and correct points are made above, although I do not agree that we are not educated. Overall, we are definitely an educated community, although our appearance and our beliefs may suggest otherwise.

“Royal family” members are often criticised on this forum, but in my experience many of them are decent, polite individuals. It is just that they are born into very wealthy, luxurious lifestyles, where they are surrounded since birth by sycophantic bohras who tell them how great and beautiful and superior they are. They are also taught that, the more closely related to syedna they are, the more important they are. When they grow up they do not do jobs or business like ordinary bohras. They are put into positions where they are leaders over ordinary bohras, whether it be high and mighty amils or leading smaller sabaq groups, toloba/talebaat groups, etc. Some of them are not very confident or comfortable in these leadership positions.

I am sure that many of them, those who are intelligent and rational, are aware of the criticisms against them and secretly agree to some extent. However, they, like ordinary bohras, find it very hard to leave the fold, even if in their case leaving the fold just means marrying an ordinary bohra rather than leaving the community completely. They have too much to lose. They would be looked down upon for marrying “beneath” themselves, and would also lose out financially and have a harder life. Ordinary bohras have to deal with the outside world directly, but royal family members have the comfort zone of having ordinary bohras and khidmatguzars act as a buffer between them and the outside world.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 am

Poor Royals ! Victim of wealth and opulence. Denied enjoyment of ordinary life. Brainwashed into feeling of superiority. Shoved into autocratic leadership. Forced to make commoner elder bow down to greet.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 pm

“Royal Family is blessed with beautiful childrens, who are fair and plum as pink. They have gifted radiance on their faces. No children are dark or ugly looking”
Thats true that they are beautiful and as plum as pink but to deduct the reason behind is not too tough :-
1.) When someone put on expensive attires, he/she automatically starts luking good and royal. ( figure out the babies and children of extremely richie people around you and i guess it holds true most of the time ) Amir aadmi ke bachche, khubsurat ki hote/lagte hai :D
2.) Hardly go out in hot sunrays or i doubt if had to face any kind of hard physical work, they are spending most of the time under AC and full fledge facilities.
3.) High quality diet, living in the surrounding of top class hygiene and comfort level at his best.
4.) They must be using high quality beauty products, soap, shampoo or everything else.

All in one, they are born with golden spoon and don't have to face any kind of physical hardship. I really doubt if your physical beauty is return or tag of your belief ?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

humanbeing wrote:“Sayedna Sahib’s health condition is due to Sins of commoner bohra mumins”
This is the exact belief of Christians with regard to Jesus Christ.
humanbeing wrote:“Shehzada and Shehzadi are of royal blood, superior in flesh and intellect than commoners”
Typical caste system as practised by hindu brahmins according to whom the lower strata are untouchables.
humanbeing wrote:“Royal members are so humble, they treat commoner as equal as them. He was excitingly stating his experience of how a shehzada benevolently placed his arm around a commoner mumin and listened to his araz”
There is a power game going on in saifee mahal wherein there are 3/4 groups, each trying to corner as many bohras as possible and hence they sometimes resort to such marketing gimmicks.
humanbeing wrote:“Royal Family is so simple and down-to-earth in their presentation. They wear simple Ridas and Kurta Saya as compared to flashy and expensive ridas worn by commoners”
Bohras are yet to see their houses in saifee mahal, once they have a look at the taps made of 18 carat gold with the washbasins having gold carvings, their swings hanging on pure silver rods, their iranian carpets and stuffed tigers not to forget the expensive jewellry they MIGHT have a different opinion.
humanbeing wrote:“Royal Family is blessed with beautiful childrens, who are fair and plum as pink. They have gifted radiance on their faces. No children are dark or ugly looking”
Even if a bohra child from mumbra or dharavi has a fleet of servants at his disposal, has airconditioners in his toilets, eats nothing but selected dryfruits, drinks nothing but mineral water from the alps, has access to the most exotic locales around the globe, has access to loads of UNEARNED money then he may probably look better then the spoilt brats of saifee mahal.