A request to Admin of this Forum

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Kaka Akela

A request to Admin of this Forum

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Dear Admin:

Since the religious beliefs of DBs and PDBs are no different and since PDBs have no problems with the office of the Dai. Their only problems are with the corruption, greed, embezzelments, misbehavior of the clergy etc. etc. I suggest that you nip the problem in the bud and do not post any posts that compare religious beliefs between shia vs sunni or between DBs vs PDBs or any other differences in the belief system between any two groups. And post only the posts that are related to the problems related to corruption, greed, embezzelments, misbehavior of the clergy etc.etc. People will try to sneak some controversial topic disguised as seeking knowledge, when that is discovered it should be deleted rightaway.

All the discussions between belief systems of one vs another is taking away the focus from what PDBs are demanding from the DB organization.

Kaka Akela

Re: A request to Admin of this Forum

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Dear Admin : In my earlier post I forgot top mention that you should create a 24 hour time lapse between my (or anyone else's)posting to you and your posting on the Forum, this will allow you to review and filter the contentious message, which do not allow us to focus on Reform issue but pit us Vs them on beliefs, while there is no difference in DB and PDB beliefs. thanks

AgnosticTheist

Unread post by AgnosticTheist » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:22 am

I don't think what you are saying is feasible for the following reasons:
  • Too many posts to review every day. Laborious task for a single person i.e. Admin (unless there is a group of other members in the Admin group)
  • Very difficult to categorize the content as described by you. There is a very thin line between them all and there will be a lot of cases where people will complain of their postings not getting approved
  • There will be too much delay before a response is shown in the threads which will drive away the posters
  • Admin might have to deal with duplicate content because multiple users might post the same thing unknowingly as the other similar responses might be in approval mode and not visible yet

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:34 am

KA what a fool..I will repeat this website is PDB sponsored and I can respect your possessiveness

But do not for even a moment think the issue is only about corruption, some of us are ethnic Bohras and want to follow a secular hybrid faith. By such statement you are weakening the appeal of the resistance movement. Many also question the historical events and basis of the Ismaili faith ! If Diai is wrong by that same token many other historical events may have been exaggerated or misled.