Underground Museum at Humayun's tomb

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...

KA786110

Re: Underground Museum at Humayun's tomb

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks for sharing this article.
Pretty excited with the description of the museum's design. Lets hope Government of India keeps its promise of bearing some cost of the construction.

salim

Unread post by salim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Looks very beautiful --

salim

Unread post by salim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Before and after - bring the original colors back

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:08 pm

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Islam’s Treasures in the West

It is not difficult to imagine a near future in which evidence of our rich cultural and scholarly past will only survive in the museums of the West

No traveler to Toronto should miss the Aga Khan Museum, which I had the pleasure of visiting on a recent trip. The museum’s permanent collection comprises objects highlighting the artistic, scientific and scholarly heritage of Islamic civilizations.

As is often the case when I visit the Islamic collections of museums in the West, I was struck by the irony that such great effort is made to promote awareness among Wester­ners about the contribution of Muslims to world heritage even though knowledge of this erudite past is now most lacking — or actively denied — within the Muslim world itself.

I was first struck by those objects that betray a hunger for knowledge and love for science, innovation and experimentation, which is sadly increasingly rare in many Muslim-majority countries today.

http://caravandaily.com/portal/islams-t ... -the-west/