Islam and its branches

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Muslim

Islam and its branches

Unread post by Muslim » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:14 pm

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.ph ... cwNTY4Nzc4

"All these subdivisions are further divided politically where in our region, there is a seeming sense of competition between the Muslim Brotherhood, the Wahabbis, and the Salafis's. Amongst them, there are I am sure many more political sub-groupings. The problem with having all these various groupings is that every single one of them is in a constant struggle for the hearts and minds of the Ummah. All compete to have as many skills as possible and for them, all other Muslims are as pious as they believe themselves to be.

With regards to such an ideology, the worse one of all is the takfiris. This group sees themselves as the ultimate Muslims who here on earth are present to wage jihad on anyone and everyone. To such individuals, they even go as far as to disqualify some Muslims labeling them as infidels. They mainly act in covert action and are ready to do anything to achieve chaos!"

tahir

Re: Islam and its branches

Unread post by tahir » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 am

Ironically, muslims are never tired of boasting that Islam is free from the hinduism type caste system.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:08 am

tahir,

Islam is, Muslims are not. There is no shia, sunni, wahhabi, deobandi, bohra, Ismaili etc in Islam.

Hinduism is a man made religion, hence the man made caste system exists in the religion as well.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:55 am

Hinduism is a man made religion,
Some man (men?) then these founders of Hinduism - they have so accurately forecast the coming of the Prophet (SAWS) and the advent of Islam. Don't tell me I have been tricked again - that scheming b****** Naik

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu brother Notbig,

Oops, my mistake, almost forgot the Hazar Imam was actually a Hindu and the 10th Avataar of Vishnu, or is it Brahma?

or should I say,

I am glad you actually didn't believe Zakir Naik.

I get confused talking with Ismailis, see, they are like monkeys, good at jumping from branch to branch.